Chapter 10 : Irrefutable Reality

We're Together as Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10 Irrefutable Reality

 

Reality hurts but it gives a clearer view of the things that are tainted with unreal, the things that are true. Oftentimes, the illusions, the assumptions, the expectations and this fantasy they live in are the ones blinding them from the hurtful truth, the cruel fact that there’s no such thing as ‘us’, no such thing as ‘genuine love’ and all believed as forged moments. Undoubtedly, truth hurts but by the end of the day, it’s better to be hurt by the truth but to smile with a lie.

 

This old woman barging into Lisa’s place is just not anyone else, not just a mere old woman invading privacy but she’s one of the most important persons in Lisa’s life. Her mom, her guardian angel who raised her up to be who she is now, to be a fearless and straight as an arrow kind of woman just like her. She’s this person whom Lisa got these amazing traits and personalities. With this being said, the daughter can predict how she would react with this scene she just witnessed with her two big eyes.

 

“Mom…” Lisa in pale spoke in Thai, unswervingly staring back at her mother’s two big upset eyes.

 

“I came all the way here to surprise my hardworking daughter but it looks like I was the one who’s surprised here Lalisa! What the hell were you doing with that woman in your bed?” The fuming mother yelled at her daughter whose staggered figure is still on the floor looking up to her.

 

Lisa in alacrity crawls to her mother as she embraces her tight and persuades her, “Mom, listen to me first, okay? You just arrived. I know you’re tired and of course I’m so surprised. In fact I want to cry right now because but you’re mad and I don’t even know what to feel or say to you. Let’s calm down, okay? Let’s talk about this matter once you’re settled.”  

 

Soon the mother has gone soften, embracing back her daughter as she weeps, “Sorry my dear. Mommy just misses you so much.”

 

Lisa exhaled huge in relief as she managed to calm her fury mother and hugged her mother as tight as she can. Like her mother, she starts crying in her shoulders, and then sobbing so hard at the sensation of her mother’s touch. All these months she’s all alone, all these days she in her own endeavor and all these lonely nights she has been missing the presence of a real home, now it’s here in her arms just like a dream incredibly came true.

 

“I missed you so much mom.” Lisa cried harder, not letting go of her hold.

 

Jennie on the other hand was left sitting up at the bed, silently admiring the view of a reunion meters away from her. She understands none of their language yet by just simply trailing those legit tears, she sure can understand the emotions building up inside them. A part of her envies their simple but huge love as she reflects the difference to their family that’s so crumbling. At the same time, a part of her is also glad, pleased to see Lisa finally having her mother in her arms.

 

“Oh by the way mom…” Lisa released her mother as she went to Jennie and pulled her up from the bed, dragging her in front of her mother as she’s delighted to introduce, “I once talked about her on the phone.”

 

“H-hi. It’s so nice to finally meet you.” Jennie smiled so timid, not knowing how to properly address the woman in doubtful face.

 

The mother glared at Jennie, from head down to toe. From her shirt down to her shorts, there’s no way the unconvinced mother cannot recognize it, all belong to her daughter.  Though Jennie extended her hands for a formal handshake, she was given cold shoulders. Those judging eyes from the elder is enough for Jennie to conclude through her mind that she’s being disliked and so she awkwardly retreated her arms and put it back to her side.

 

The mother stepped closer to Jennie, staring down at her as she probes, “You, I won’t be asking anymore about your relation to my daughter. My eyes are still crystal clear from what I saw a while ago and my instincts won’t fail me. So, how far have you gone with Lisa?”

 

“Excuse me?” Jennie furiously blushed.

 

“M-mom!” Lisa immediately came in between them to halt her mother from harassing Jennie with her straightforwardness. “We’re not in that kind of relationship. Nothing happened between us last night. We just slept together because she couldn’t go back to their place last night. Don’t jump into conclusions!”

 

The mother satisfactorily agreed with her daughter’s explanation as she nodded but once her dagger eyes shift back to Jennie who’s so stoned, she couldn’t help herself but to throw suspicions. She’s just using her eyes to judge Jennie in her still, enough to give a chill to the person in question.

 

“Uhm…” Jennie cleared . “I think… I’ll go ahead first. I don’t want to ruin this reunion so I’ll just take my leave for now.” She then announced while trying her best to avoid those glares.

 

“Yes, that would be better.” The mother frankly granted. “And oh, don’t forget to get your scattered clothes and kindly return my daughter’s clothes as well. That’s her favorite shirt so you better not keep it with you.” She then coldly commanded.

 

“Mom, seriously?” Lisa rustled. “Stop it.”

 

“Y-yes ma’am. I’ll definitely return it as soon as possible.” Jennie bowed to the mother then eyes to her lover whispering, “I’ll go ahead.”

 

Jennie formally bowed for the last time before leaving the opened door with her used clothes. She felt the same aura from the mother, that same sensation that Lisa emitted when she was first defied by her. The threat she felt that first time Lisa stood up against is the same as of what’s flowing into her veins, so alike that Jennie remembered Lisa’s fearlessness to her, resembling everything about her.

 

“Jennie!” Lisa chased Jennie all the way out of the apartment and caught her by the corner where she parked her car. Catching her breath, she instantly apologizes, “Sorry about my mom. She’s really like that. She overreacts over everything especially when it comes to me. She’s just being overprotective so please just don’t mind her attitude a while ago. Maybe she’s also having a jetlag or something.”

 

“You don’t have to apologize. I understand your mom. Any mother would really get mad if they see their precious daughter cuddling someone in the bed. And not to mention, we were in such an awkward position. Of course she’ll freak out.” Jennie sighed.  

 

“Of all times she can visit me, why this time? She sure has bad timing.” Lisa groaned.

 

Jennie smiled and pats Lisa’s sulking face as she comforts, “Yah, you shouldn’t be like that to your mom who made an effort flying all the way here to surprise you. Make sure you’ll take care of her while she’s here for you. Just give me a call if you need help or anything with her.”

 

“Okay, I will. I’ll talk to her too about us.”

 

Lisa held onto Jennie’s cold hands placed on her cheek. Her hands are still as cold as the last night which reasons out that she doesn’t want to let go just yet and closed her eyes to feel the compassion. However, it’s Jennie herself who took the initiative to pull her hand back first retreating it away from Lisa who immediately misses her touch as soon as she was released.

 

“I’ll get going.” Jennie said but so regrettably that she was barely heard by the frowning Lisa.

 

Lisa immediately jogged back to her room and from there her mother is already busily unpacking her luggage on the bed which is now properly fixed. This clingy daughter wasted no time as she again gives her mother a warm hug from behind, surprising her with showering kisses. Lisa’s happiness cannot be compared to anyone and to anything as her world feels so complete.

 

“Mom…” Lisa recomposed herself as she sat on the floor to face her expressionless mother on the bedside. “Can we talk about Jennie?” She then asked so wary.

 

The mother exhaled, more of a disappointed one as she looked down to her lap. Low but clear, she articulates, “You don’t have to explain Lisa. I know the best and I know everything about you even if you’re not saying a thing. I’m your mother after all but then I don’t want to conclude too without asking you directly first. That girl Jennie, is she really your girlfriend? I saw how you let her comfortably sleep in your arms and how peaceful you look like having her around your arms. Lisa, you can’t fool me my dear.”

 

It’s easy to say ‘yes’ but not for Lisa’s instance. As she wavers, she laid back while she deeply thinks of how to answer her concerned mother. Thinking that if it’s other people unrelated to her, or just some typical students of their university who asked then it would have been easy to say yes without worrying a single thing. Adding to the difficulty is her real connection with Jennie with the fact that they are only in a relationship because to a deal, not a real couple. However, it’s a mother, a mother who knows the depth of her and lying would be the most difficult one.

 

Nevertheless, it’s unfortunate for the mother that Lisa is way smarter and sharper than her as she noticed something from her mother’s words after a minute of wordlessness. Setting aside her thoughts of her relationship with Jennie and her mother’s direct query, she counters with suspicions as her eyebrows furrowing, “Huh? Mom, how did you know that her name is Jennie by the way? I did tell you her name through the phone before but I also mentioned Jisoo-unnie and Chaeyoung to you. I never showed you a single photo of Jennie too, so how did you know that the girl I was sleeping with was Jennie? She didn’t introduce her name to you a while ago if I remember. Also, you sounded like you know her when you came in and saw us like that.”

 

“W-why are you changing the topic? I –w-was asking you if she’s your girlfriend or not!” The shocked mother stuttered and left her daughter from questioning further as she went straight to the bathroom.

 

“Okay, she’s weird.” Lisa thought as she let her mother escape like how she let her slide for not answering her primary question.

 

Meanwhile the sent away Jennie went straight to her best friend whom she hasn’t updated yet of her whereabouts. Aware that Jisoo will bombard her with lectures and barrage of yells, Jennie attempts to sneak in to the mansion through the back door with milk ice cream that they both enjoy. It’s unlucky though for Jennie that her best friend knows her silly tactics which led her to be caught in action entering the back door.

 

“That’s too old Jennie…” Jisoo stood tall in front of the guilty Jennie with her arms crossed. “You’ve been doing this since high school, so don’t expect me not to notice you anymore. Do you have an idea how worried I was the entire night? You said you’re going to call me once you’re back home but I received none and now you’re here sneaking in like a thief.”

 

Scratching her cheeks, awkward Jennie clarifies, “My phone died…”

 

“I also called your home number and the maids said you didn’t go back home last night too. Care to explain that as well?” Jisoo went on grilling her best friend but nevertheless she guides her to her room by the second floor for a talk.

 

While following Jisoo close behind, Jennie further explains her side, “I went to Lisa’s place and spent the night there. I tried to drive back home but Lisa insisted that I should stay at her place so I did. The rain was so heavy and Lisa said it’s dangerous to drive so I decided to stay with her for the night. The power was cut off too so I couldn’t reach out to you anymore. Really, trust me. I also tried to contact you.”

 

Jisoo turned around to her as she looked at her from head to toe. She then points out at Jennie’s unfamiliar outfit and commented, “So that explains why you’re wearing such a silly outfit. Is that Lisa’s? No wonder it looks so wide on you and not to mention it doesn’t suit you at all.”

 

“It’s comfortable though. I might start wearing baggy shirts from now on.” Jennie grinned.

 

The annoyed Jisoo rolled her eyes but still continues on pressing her best friend as she sits on her bedside, “How was your night with your lover then? Did you enjoy it?”

 

“Geez Chichu! You sound so much like her mom. Can you guys just stop thinking of malicious things?” Jennie whined and dropped her tired body straight down to Jisoo’s bouncy bed.

 

“Lisa’s mom? Why? She’s here?” The disordered Jisoo asked.

 

“Yeah. And she was yelling and arguing in Thai with Lisa. I didn’t understand a thing but obviously, they were talking about me. Her accent is kind of weird too that’s why I don’t know if she’s mad at me or not. She saw us sleeping together and she suddenly went on berserk. She even sent me out of the place.” Jennie said as she recalled that fuming look of Lisa’s mother.

 

Jisoo then lied down beside her as she marvels, “Eh~ so her mother is here. The way you described her is like the total opposite of your mom, don’t you think? Your mom immediately accommodated Lisa while there’s Lisa’s mom sending you away.”

 

“You’re right. I just hope their argument won’t get worse because of me.” Jennie yearned.

 

“Don’t you think it’s odd though?” Jisoo doubted and exchanged looks with her confused best friend. “She immediately concluded that something’s between you and Lisa. Close friends normally sleep together too but her mother jumped into conclusion of you being lovers.” She then shared her suspicions.

 

Jennie turned to her as she realized, “You have a point Chichu. It’s like she knew that I’m Lisa’s girlfriend beforehand and have met me before. If she didn’t then seeing us like that wouldn’t be an issue for her.”

 

“Something’s fishy, right? And this is why I’m telling you now that you should avoid getting involve too much with Lisa’s personal life. I know you’re now friends with her and so do I and Chaeyoung but the two of you are somewhat getting overboard. Look what happened, your deal with Lisa even got her mother involved.” Jisoo warned.

 

“I know.” Jennie frowned as she put her attention back to the high ceiling. “I didn’t plan or didn’t even want Lisa’s family to get involve with our deal in the first place. It’s just that her mother suddenly popped out of nowhere in the picture. What should I do now Chichu?”

 

“What do you want to hear from me?” Jisoo asked.

 

“You’ve always been brutally honest with me so you can say whatever’s in your mind right now. Besides, I might be asking you for more advices from hereon too so go on, you can tell me anything.” Jennie said as she permitted her best friend having second thoughts.

 

“Okay, if you say so.” Jisoo nodded and she then takes a deep breath before frankly stating, “Don’t get too attached with Lisa. I mean, you should know where to draw the line between the two of you. That’s all I can advise you for now. The rest is up to you as you’re the one who should know the best. You should be able to figure it out by yourself.”

 

Jennie was left thinking of what was advised. At some point during the night she was in Lisa’s arms, she thought of the same thing. The limitations and boundaries, the restrictions and rules, she’s all aware of those things yet she ends up crossing the borders and chose to cross the line. And because of this, without doubts, it’s scrapping Jennie’s fragile heart.

 

Later that day during the dusk, the busy Lisa on the other hand is at her part time job by a diner located in somewhere in the hectic streets of the town. As customers every weekend is mild and not as crowded as compared to weekdays, Lisa in some way finds time to rest her stressed body and mind but from time to time attending the needs of the demanding selected customers.

 

“Welcome!” Lisa greeted the woman who entered the diner while she wipes the vacated table clean.

 

“Working hard, eh?”

 

Lisa straightaway stopped from whatever she’s doing upon hearing such familiar voice near her. She looks up quick and her jaw dropped at the sight of Jennie’s elegant mother smiling down at her. She cleans her hands in haste and properly fixes her disordered hair before she formally faces the amused mother in front of her.

 

“Ma’am, it’s n-nice to see you again.” Lisa awkwardly flashed her smile and extended her trembling hands for a handshake.

 

“You’re too formal Lisa. You know you don’t have to be.” The mother laughed as she pulled embarrassed Lisa for a tight hug.

 

“Y-yeah. S-sorry.” The timid Lisa nodded and returned a warm embrace.

 

“Are you busy?” The mother asked upon letting go of Lisa.

 

Lisa rapidly shakes off her head saying, “N-no. Actually I’m about to take my fifteen-minute break. It’s weekend so customers don’t really come here during this time.”

 

“I see.” The mother smiled.

 

With all caution, Lisa then also asks, “Excuse me but, what brings you in a place like this?”

 

“I had an appointment nearby and I happened to see you here from the outside while I was inside the car so I thought of dropping by to check on you, to check on my daughter’s lover.” The mother said with so much bliss in her tone.

 

“Really…” Lisa awkwardly responded.

 

“By the way, our maids said that my daughter just came back home and according to her you let her stay in your place last night because of the heavy rain. I’d like to personally thank you for that as well. You’re so thoughtful of not letting my unruly daughter drive in the rainy night. Thank you Lisa.” The mother said as she bowed down.

 

Lisa swiftly pulled the decent woman up from bending down as she reacts, “You don’t have to do that ma’am. I should be the one thanking you too by the way. I haven’t properly showed you my gratitude for all the things you’ve done for us so far. I haven’t properly faced you either after my last visit at your mansion.”

 

“Don’t mind about that anymore Lisa. You’re like my daughter now too so it’s normal for me to take care of you and Jennie.” The mother said as she caressed Lisa’s sweaty face.

 

“And oh the lunch box that Jennie brought last time too. It was delicious and perfectly done. Thank you so much for that one. It was like one of the best lunches that I’ve ever had. ” Lisa said so thrilled.

 

The mother creased her eyebrows, baffled of what Lisa just said and so she questioned, “Lunch box? What lunch box are you talking about?”

 

“Eh? Jennie brought a lunch box one time and said you made it for us.” Lisa said although also confused of why the mother is dumfounded.

 

Later the mother laughed, “Ah~ that lunch box huh? So that tricky daughter of mine used me to cover herself up.”

 

“Excuse me?” Lisa wondered.

 

“Believe it or not, it wasn’t really me who made it. It was Jennie.” The mother revealed while she still giggles. “I caught her one early morning cooking in our kitchen and saw her packing a lunch box. At first I thought it was our chef who made it but then they said Jennie woke up so early that time and cooked by herself. I guess my timid daughter is just too shy to admit it and used me, huh?” She then exposed more and soon her giggles turn into laughter.

 

Lisa’s mouth was left wide open and she heatedly reddened at the revelation, blushing all the way up to her earlobes which are so evident that caused the mother to get so amused. What makes Lisa more flustered is when she remembered Jennie lovingly ogling at her while she was eating that lunch, which she was unaware that it was her who made it. Now it’s all coming back to her, the reason why Jennie wanted to have the lunch with her alone so bad and how she desperately waited for her during that time.

 

“Seriously… she could have just told me…” Lisa breathed out but then she found herself eventually holding back her smirk in thrill.

 

“Give her a call if you have free time, okay? Don’t tell her I told you about it. She might attack and murder me in no time.” The mother teased as she whispered.

 

“Yeah, I’ll definitely do.”

 

The mother paved goodbye with a wink before she made her exit. Lisa immediately takes her fifteen-minute break and goes straight to her bag searching for her phone. She feels so thrilled and so excited at the moment that she instantly dialed Jennie’s number without thinking, without knowing yet what to tell her. All she knows is that she wants to hear her voice with this thrilled jumping heart of hers.

 

“Yeah…” Jennie answered after a few rings, but so low and expressed so lazy from the other line.

 

Thus, Lisa put the phone closer to her ears as she analyses, “Are you sleeping? It’s almost night time!”

 

“I was but now you just woke me up. What do you need?” Jennie grumbled and now with a louder voice, markedly up and fully awake.

 

Now that it hit Lisa’s mind, she doesn’t have anything in particular to tell her, or even need anything from her. But thanks to her quick smart brains, she makes a leeway by asking, “I was just checking if you’re back home safe.”

 

“Yeah, I am…” Jennie replied short. “How about you, are you done with work?”

 

“Almost, just a few hours more and I’m going back home.” Lisa replied calm, at the same time so blissful that Jennie kept their conversation going rather than doing the usual wherein she’ll immediately drop the call after a single query.

 

“And your mom?” Jennie went on asking.

 

“I asked Bam to look after her until I finish my work for today. Thankfully that guy is so free every weekend so it’s pretty easy to ask for his help. Also, my mom will be staying for a week. She’ll be flying back to Thailand next Sunday.” Lisa then continues on responding as well.

 

“I see. That’s quite a short time. Make sure you’ll spend more time with her. Don’t make her feel bad.” Jennie said.

 

“Of course I know that. You don’t have to remind me like you’re my grandma.” Lisa replied as she smiled comfortably.

 

There’s no comeback from Jennie afterwards, but neither of them is dropping and cutting off the call, still on the line with no words at all. The silence between them used to be so awkward that Lisa would always find herself avoiding first, but with their bond is raking deeper as time goes by, even this abysmal silence from Jennie is so comfortable to her, so calming that she doesn’t want to cut this call off. And these kinds of simple and casual conversations with Jennie are something that Lisa cherishes the most.

 

“We’re going out tomorrow, do you want to come?” Lisa decided to break this hush as she asked.

 

“Nah, I’ll pass. I already promised Nayeon that I’ll be hanging out with her tomorrow. You’ll have Chaeyoung with you tomorrow, right? It’s Sunday…” Jennie undesirably said and again her voice switched back to her low lazy voice.

 

“Yeah but…” Lisa frowned. “Do you really have to hang out with your ex-girlfriend tomorrow? Is it really necessary for you to meet her all the time while she’s here?” She then asked a little sulking as she mopes.

 

Jennie lowly chuckles, “Yah, what’s with your attitude? Nayeon is my friend and we haven’t hanged out for years. I already promised her so I can’t suddenly turn it back. Quit calling her my ex-girlfriend too, will you? We already talked about that.”

 

“Then…” Lisa exhaled loud, loud enough for Jennie to hear it from the other line. And as she collected herself, she exclaims, “Promise me that you won’t take long with her. Seriously, I’d rather see you getting all lazy around your mansion than knowing that you’ll be hanging out with that woman tomorrow.”

 

“How many hours would you want me to spend with her then? You dictate the time and I’ll see if it’s reasonable.” Jennie dared.

 

“An hour? Thirty minutes? Or maybe just say hi then drive off. Just leave her wherever she is.” Lisa demanded which caused a huge and loud laugh from Jennie.

 

“Why are you so strict Lalisa Manoban?” Jennie giggled.

 

“Because… well… just because…”

 

“You’re being unreasonable! But okay fine, just give us two hours and I promise I’ll go back home right after. I’ll sleep all day if you want to. Will that be fine with you?” Jennie said.

 

“Good. I’ll set my timer tomorrow.” Lisa joked and they both laughed at it.

 

The oath eased Lisa’s bitter heart as she finally breathed with so much relief. Although she doesn’t know how and what Jennie looks like at this very moment they are talking, she just knows and can feel that she’s smiling contentedly just like her while she rolls from left to right to her bed with her gums showing off from that smile she has.

 

“Jennie?” Lisa called out on the spur of the moment.

 

“Hmm?” Jennie replied with a lazy hum.

 

“I miss you.” Lisa said at last, that one simple yet powerful phrase she’s been keeping by herself since the call started.

 

“What’s with you today? We just met this morning as far as I can remember.” Jennie asked acting and sounding so normal but unknown to Lisa, she’s also wearing this same confined grin just like her.

 

“I don’t know, really. I just miss you and I don’t know why. I just feel like that, do I need a definite reason?” Lisa said as she bit her lower lip to contain her emotions from coming out more than how it is now.

 

Jennie smiled but then she teases Lisa’s authenticity. “I miss you too but unfortunately the next time we’ll meet will be on Monday already. So you have to miss me more and endure it.”

 

“I know right. I guess I’ll just have to endure it then.” Lisa acknowledged but tinted with sadness that she cannot hide it with her regretful tone.

 

Jennie heard no response for a minute or two after that last exchange of words. She doesn’t want to assume and doesn’t want to conclude that Lisa is indeed regretful because of this barrier she’s building up all by herself between them, afraid to cross the shield she’s forming. Hence, not wanting to get the conversation any deeper, she closes, “Hey, you should go now. Your break is almost over. Your manager might see you using your phone too.”

 

“Sure. I’ll see you on Monday.” Lisa finished as she ended the call herself with her uncertain hands.

 

And thus the next day came, the free-spirited Sunday that Rose has always been looking forward to ever since Lisa happened to her life that’s packed with empty spaces. With her jolly hops, she moves up to the apartment going to Lisa’s personal space. Rose has never been this excited that she needed to reset her alarm earlier than her usual time and never been this excited that she dressed up extraordinarily for this day. She’s prepared like how she always does but for today her preparations are flawlessly executed, all for the sake of her bond with Lisa that’s getting much stronger each time she meets her.

 

“Lisa, I’m here.” The kind Rose knocked into Lisa’s closed doors.

 

It is then that the door opened and Rose was met by the smiling mother of Lisa who gladly welcomes her, “You must be Chaeyoung. I’m Lisa’s mother.”

 

“Yeah, Lisa told me about you. It’s so nice to finally meet you ma’am.” Rose said as she flashed her sweetest smile.

 

“Come in my dear. Lisa is still taking a bath. I don’t know with her why she slept so late last night and look at her being so rushed.” The mother complained yet made way for Rose inside Lisa’s small place.

 

For the first time Rose gets a view of Lisa’s little place that’s full of books about her hobbies and dreams; and so plain looking like a small library by her table. She’s amazed on how organized she is with everything she has, even able to fit in her mother’s luggage on a side. Like how Lisa admires her place, Rose likewise adores Lisa tiny yet comfy room that has nothing but her passion.

 

“Woah. So this is where Lisa lives. It looks so cool.” Rose praised despite of having a hard time to move around due to the limited space.

 

“What’s so cool in here? It’s so ragged and small.” The mother modestly said as she offered the only chair available in the room.

 

The sweet Rose gently holds onto the hands of the shy mother and assures with her warm grin, “Not because it’s small, that doesn’t mean it’s not comfortable anymore. In fact, I’d prefer to live in this place than to live in a room that’s so huge with so many empty spaces.”

 

With those calming words, Rose managed to move the heart of the mother who used to be looking down at herself. She began liking this personality of Rose that she found herself continuously blabbering things with an accent and tone which Rose barely understands, yet, the patient Rose lends her ears to this enthusiastic mother.

 

“Sorry Chaeng. Just a few more minutes and I’ll be done…” Lisa came out from the bathroom rushing with her wet hair still dripping by the ends wetting the back of her shirt.

 

“Yah Lalisa, don’t make us wait for so long, especially your girlfriend right here…” The playful mother hooted.

 

Lisa heatedly blushed in humiliation from that sudden tease and quickly defends rumbled self, “Mom, Chaeng is not my girlfriend and you know that. Please stop making such bad jokes; you’re making her uncomfortable too.”

 

Laughing merrily, Rose rejoins, “It’s alright Lisa. You don’t have to be so defensive.”

 

“See? Chaeyoung is so thoughtful and she easily gets along with me. She’s so gentle and way too sweet. She looks so decent and elegant too. It would have been better if she’s your girlfriend and not that Jennie whom you slept with.” The mother bluntly said.

 

“Mom!” Lisa unconsciously raised her voice in anger but immediately retreats her violent gazes as she initially calms down, “Please don’t say that. You don’t even know Jennie as much as we know her. Please don’t judge her as if she’s some kind of wild woman on loose. If you hate her, just please don’t say anything about her and even compare her to Chaeng. They are friends too, you know.”

 

“S-sorry…” The mother stuttered in shock.

 

Both Rose and the mother were taken aback from Lisa’s unexpected wrath and pleaded so heartfelt to the point that Lisa looked like she’s the one offended. As none of them want to ruin this blessed Sunday, Lisa decided to let it pass, letting those offensive words fade at the back of her mind to move on with their scheduled errands.

 

At that very same time, Jennie who has her own appointment with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter