To Marry A Yoo_ Finale

To Marry A Yoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woo hoo!! Yoo Mi-Na , Yoo Mi-Na! Yoo Mi – Na!”

 

Mina feels embarrassed.

 

The irritating nurse visits her again. Like every other day, she cheers Mina.

 

Mina is inside her classroom in NYADA, she is teaching toddlers ballet.

 

“Sana!”

 

One of Mina’s students run to Sana.

 

Then the rest follows.

 

Sana squats in front of them patting their heads.

 

She had become close to these kids, well, that is because she visits them every day.

 

Or, no, she irritates Mina every day. But the kids love her.

 

They are fond of her. Mainly, because Sana understands them.

 

Sana and the toddlers love the same things from hello kitty, sponge bob, adventure time, Pokemon and everything that is cute and cartoons.

 

Mina grabs her duffel bag, she is to walk pass Sana but to her dismay.

 

The nurse grabs her wrist.

 

“Are you heading home already?” Asks Sana gleefully.

 

Mina is caught off guard, rather than looking at Sana’s face she is looking at Sana’s grip on her wrist.

 

Yes, she does not like being touched.

 

And she does not like it more when people that irritate her touch her.

 

Sana’s eyes turn crescent.

 

This indifference of Mina awes her.

 

She said ten days and Mina should like her but, Nah, it has been a month since she had been pushing herself to this callous girl.

 

“Here,” Sana pick out something from her duffel bag and hand it to Mina.

 

Mina is no longer surprised at what Sana has in her hands.

 

It is another bouquet of flowers.

 

Pink roses.

 

“I told you to stop giving me flowers, I just throw them away,” Mina says sternly.

 

“Well, you can do anything you want with it, I gave it to you,” Says Sana displaying appreciation.

 

Mina just rolls her eyes and back face Sana.

 

“Do you want to watch a movie? Or have dinner? Ugh, I am so hungry,”

 

Sana says tailing Mina.

 

“When will you stop? I told you I am not interested,”

 

“I don’t get it actually, why will you not be interested in me? I am pretty y, pretty smart and I am pretty sure, I am a catch. So, why not try to date me?” Sana teases.

 

“You’re pretty annoying.”

 

“So, you think I am pretty?” Sana asks showing off. She is obviously making a pick-up line on whatever Mina says.

 

She walks pass Mina. Sana is in the front of the ballet instructor.

 

Mina rolls her eyes.

 

“So, Yoo Mina thinks, I am pretty,” Sana sings.

 

Mina just glares to Sana.

 

She is controlling herself not to smile.

 

Sana chuckles.

 

Mina cursed herself, did she just hear music in her ears.

 

“See, you think I am pretty, we are finally getting somewhere here,”

 

“Yeah, you are, you are getting on my nerves, Go away!”

 

Mina says as she brushes Sana to the side.

 

“AW!” Sana yelps in pain.

 

Mina swears she did not put any force on that.

 

But why is the ‘irritating’ nurse is on the floor?

 

Mina looks at Sana’s back, the nurse’s shoulder is moving up and down. Did she?

 

No.

 

Mina is not responsible for this. That wasn’t forceful.

 

She gulps and she hesitantly runs to the nurse.

 

“Sana, are you okay? I -- are you hurt?”

 

Asks Mina in concern.

 

Sana sobs and slowly nods.

 

“Omo, uhm.. stay here, I am going to get help,” Mina panics.

 

But before she can stand up, Sana holds her wrist.

 

Mina still hears Sana’s sobs while blabbing words, that Mina can’t understand.

 

“What?”

 

She clarifies.

 

“Do you need anything?”

 

Another question.

 

Mina feels guilty, she did not mean this to happen.

 

“I – (sobs) was in the shift, (sobs) since yesterday, (sobs) – so I feel weak really, (sobs) it was not your fault,” says Sana she meets Mina’s eyes smiling.

 

Mina looks at Sana.

 

She is surprised. Is Sana really smiling at her?

 

Then she realizes something.

 

Sana is annoying but pretty.

 

Her smile is pretty. Actually, from the first time, Mina saw that something inside her awakens.

 

She knew she likes the girl the day they met in the hospital. What is not to like? She just doesn’t want to force herself to be in a relationship when she is starting a new life.

 

There is no one in the world that Mina knows who is like Sana, she thinks of others before herself.

 

Mina takes a deep breath.

 

“You went straight here from your shift?”

 

“No, I went to the flower shop first,” Sana answers still sobbing. But, this time she is wiping her tears.

 

“If you are tired, allow me to walk you home,” Sana invites herself.

 

Mina looks at Sana meaningfully.

 

Sana is crazy. Mina thought.

 

And she is about to be crazy too when she says.

 

“Maybe, we can grab a bite somewhere,”

 

Sana flashes the greatest smile Mina has ever seen.

 

That it makes her heart stopped from beating for a moment.

 

 

 

 

Mina has no clue why the memory of the first time she agreed to date Sana flashes in her mind. She has always known that she fell for the nurse even before that. She was ‘finding herself’ back then so she did not jump into the temptation right away.

 

Yet, Sana was stronger.

 

Sana’s effort was undeniably skyrocketing. As if the girl wanted to be part of Ripley’s Believe it or Not, holding the top record of being ‘pushed away’ yet still trying.

 

Sana never gave up that is how she gets Mina to give in.

 

Sana has always been the one holding the steering wheel in their relationship. She was the one who drives Mina to the right direction and she is also the fuel that keeps them going.

 

Mina learned it the hard way.

 

Sana plays more than what her part is supposed to be in this relationship, she is in-charged, and the worker.

 

Sana is the one that put more effort.

 

Sana is the one that compromises more.

 

Sana is the one that gives more.

 

Sana is the one that loves more.

 

Yet, she hurts more.

 

What had Mina done? Where was she the whole time?

 

Now, Sana is giving up.

 

Somehow, Mina feels that Sana deserves to be freed from her.

 

But most of her knows that it is not right because if she does that, it means that she is being unfair again.

 

Unfair to herself.

 

And unfair to Sana.

 

It takes two to tango, and people get tired too.

 

Especially if Sana had been driving this relationship for almost a year, now, Mina knows it is her time to hold the steering wheel, she’ll be the fuel too if Sana did not want her anymore.

 

She will give twice as much effort and persuasiveness that Sana gave.

 

Twice as many compromises that Sana did.

 

And million more times to shower Sana with love that her girlfriend deserves.

 

No, Mina will not let go.

 

Mina will not give up.

 

She is sweating, she had been running in the whole airport to look for Sana.

 

And she will not stop.

 

Not now.

 

Even if she is losing Sana.

 

Even if Sana turned her back and walked away.

 

Mina knows that it is her time to chase after her.

 

Even though it will be an endless chase going round and round.

 

Mina will not give up.

 

NEVER.

 

 

 

 

 

Questioning Room

 

Men are holding Jeongyeon by her arms.

 

But Jeongyeon cares less about them.

 

Her eyes are overly large and surprised on what this short woman said. Did she hear that right? Sana is the first daughter?

 

Honestly, Jeongyeon will still be as protective as she was even she knew the first time that Sana is the first daughter of South Korea. She would still want the best for her daughter.

 

But it is not a lie that she could have treated Sana a little nicer if she knew from the start. Little nicer means? She can’t think of any. Well, it does not matter anymore.

 

Then she thought of her oath, serving the nation and the leader of the nation.

 

Did she just commit treason by attacking the spouse of the Nation’s leader?

 

Honor matters to Jeongyeon too.

 

Wait, if she is the first lady. That means she is, ‘Son Chaeyoung’.

 

“Jihyo will die in happiness,” Jeongyeon shakes her head.

 

“Sana baby, are you okay? Did she hurt you?”

 

Chaeyoung ran to her daughter to cling.

 

“Omo, Sana-chan is sick, why are you sick, we need to go to the hospital,”

 

She hates the fact that Sana becomes taller than her.

 

Even so, she still talks to Sana like she is still five.

 

And, no one can stop her from hugging her daughter on the side, nuzzling her nose into Sana’s neck. She acts like a very adorable father.

 

All the guards look in the same direction anywhere but not to Chaeyoung.

 

Jeongyeon did not want to judge but, ‘Gosh, so clingy to her daughter, that is why….’ She shakes her head. She just accepted Sana for Mina.

 

She should not plant something in her mind like that.

 

Sana feels embarrassed.

 

Chaeyoung cups Sana’s cheeks and touches their noses together.

 

Playing with Sana like she is a real baby.

 

Sana is really red in embarrassment.

 

“Pa,” She calls lowly.

 

“I miss my baby so much. mwah. mwah. mwah” Chaeyoung peppers Sana with kisses. “Even if she is sick, Papa loves her still,”

 

She gets easily lost when Sana is around.

 

She just loves her daughter so much that it kills Sana.

 

She even forgot why did she come to rescue Sana.

 

“Pa,” Sana is trying to lightly push Chaeyoung away.

 

Reason being is that she is no longer a toddler, and it is embarrassing both of them.

 

She tries to save whatever respect left that the other people inside the questioning room have for Chaeyoung, well except Youngjae, he knew about this behavior since Sana was four months.

 

The last reason is, her future in-law, come on. Jeongyeon is a freak when it comes to touching.

 

“Pa, please, stop now?” Sana warns.

 

They bicker most of the time as father and daughter but Sana will never push Chaeyoung away.

 

“Kim Chaeyoung! You better stop before I throw my shoe on you!”

 

Chaeyoung glares hearing that voice.

 

She immediately pushes Sana behind her to protect her ‘taller’ daughter from the wrath of her wife.

 

“You,” Chaeyoung points at Dahyun.

 

Dahyun is standing by the door with her hands on her waist.

 

She looks like the Supergirl stopping a villain.

 

Dahyun raises her brow on Chaeyoung.

 

Sana facepalms. This is their normal family interactions but they are in public. At least Chaeyoung should behave well.

 

“I told you not to call me Kim Chaeyoung! It emasculates me!! SON!! SON!! Okay?!”

 

Chaeyoung whines.

 

Dahyun shakes her head and starts walking to Sana with worry in her eyes.

 

“No, No, No, I got here first!” Chaeyoung tries to cover Sana from Dahyun. “I should not let you see her,”

 

Dahyun smiles at Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung gulps.

 

Because behind that smile is the warning look of her wife. And she is right.

 

“There are people around you better behave well,” says Dahyun keeping her smile but her eyes are twitching.

 

Chaeyoung looks around and realizes that they are not inside their house.

 

“Damn, how much did I embarrass myself this time?” She whispers to Youngjae.

 

“Trust me, you don’t want to know,” Youngjae answers back.

 

Jeongyeon just put her head down.

 

Seeing Chaeyoung acting like that, did she really make the right decision about this? Well, she knows that she does not have a say about this, it is Mina’s choice.

 

“Are you okay?” The soothing melody that offers unconditional love from a mother ask.

 

Sana does not know why, even though she settled things with Jeongyeon already. Dahyun’s appearance and concern make her want to tell everything to her mother.

 

Makes her want to be offered sanctuary and nature.

 

She feels the same way when Chaeyoung arrived but she could not show it to Chaeyoung when her father was in bliss seeing her.

 

When Dahyun holds her face. She feels her daughter being hot, Sana is sick.

 

Sana can’t seem to control it anymore.

 

She hugs Dahyun and starts crying like a child.

 

“Mama,”

 

Dahyun starts to caress Sana’s back and say sweet nothings to her daughter.

 

It hurts Dahyun so much. But, like every other time, she will let Sana cry first.

 

She learned that everything requires patience.

 

So, she will patiently wait until Sana is ready to share.

 

Her precious daughter crying in her arms makes her wants to move mountains.

 

Chaeyoung is not jealous on how Sana reacts in front of Dahyun.

 

Well, as parents they have accepted the fact that they play different roles in Sana’s life, yet they share everything that Sana told them to each other and Sana knows that.

 

Chaeyoung is the cool and accepting one, in that case, Sana shares everything that is fun to her, talking about her life, her friends, her insights, and everything silly. She even asked her father to help her write the letter for the Yoos. Which, Chaeyoung did not alter any word anymore because that was perfect.

 

She has actually told Sana about the story how Chaeyoung tried to be accepted by the family of Dahyun and she was glad that Sana was able to use those words.

 

Never had Sana seen Chaeyoung mad at her, even though there was a scandal in college. Chaeyoung just smiled and assured her that everything is going to be okay.

 

That is what type of a father she is.

 

And Sana will not exchange that for anything in the world.

 

Dahyun, on the other hand, offers wisdom and strictness. That is why Sana is more comfortable sharing her sorrow to Dahyun.


Not that she is more understanding compare to Chaeyoung because they both are it is just it has always been like that.

 

The treatment of Dahyun is more affirmative yet mellow.

 

It is more motherly, well she is the one who wears the skirt in the relationship that is why.

 

Jeongyeon raises her head. Sana was really in pain.

 

She could not imagine how much pain was it until now.

 

“What happened?” Dahyun asks sweetly.

 

Sana whales louder.

 

“I was jealous, insecure and immature, that is what happened,” Sana says baring all of her to Dahyun.

 

“I see,” Dahyun’s response.

 

Everyone is just looking at the mother and daughter.

 

They are all quiet because she is the president of course, and the second one is that they actually have nothing to say.

 

Even Chaeyoung or Jeongyeon.

 

Though, it hits Jeongyeon seeing Sana this way.

 

“But you will not be jealous, insecure, and immature for no reason, Papa told me about being in your girlfriend’s ex’s house? Is that true?”

 

Dahyun sounds calm.

 

Sana sobs.

 

“They are still friends, and she.. I.. they…” Sana tries to organize her thoughts.

 

She honestly, does not know where to begin.

 

Why has she hurt the first place?

 

Why was she jealous, and insecure? And even immature?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter