Special Update: Natzu

To Marry A Yoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nabonggie, wake up, breakfast is ready,"

 

Jihyo orders.

 

She pulls the blanket away from her eldest daughter to stir Nayeon from her slumber.

 

The ten-year-old Nayeon scowls.

 

She hates it whenever her Mom does this.

 

She feels that she is entitled to an extra hour or two of sleep. Because she worked hard in school and it is their summer holiday!

 

Can't Jihyo give her a break?

 

"Nabonggie, get ready we'll have visitors," Jihyo sounds really excited. "You'll get to have a new playmate!"

 

She adds this day is actually important to her because her best friend, Wang Jackson is visiting them.

 

Jackson moved to Taiwan with his husband Mark Chou seven years ago. They wanted to start a business there but Jihyo heard it did not work out.

 

So, now, they have decided to reside back in South Korea to have a new beginning.

 

"Mom! I am a teenager already, I don't need or care about playmates!" Nayeon complaints.

 

Jihyo murmurs in humor.

 

She understands Nayeon of course, her eldest is in the stage of the identity crisis.

 

This is normal especially if the norms dictate what is contrary inside the household.

 

But, Jihyo does not care about the norms Nayeon and Mina will always be her children.

 

Rather than outraging. She mocks her daughter.

 

"Yoo Nayeon! You are still ten! And I don't see a teen in that! It is not ten-TEEN, or 'teen' It's ten! Now, you better move before I lock you up until you reach twenty and erase TEENS in existence!" Says Jihyo. Her hands are on her waist.

 

Showing authority.

 

Nayeon pouts and gets up from her bed to do her morning ritual.

 


Yoo's LAIR
(Dining)

 

Jeongyeon is reading a newspaper while momentarily drinking from her cup of coffee.

 

The seven-year-old Mina is sitting beside an empty chair where Jihyo is supposed to be.

 

Like Jeongyeon she is a morning person.

 

She is actually looking at the pictures inside a ballet magazine that her parents brought her.

 

She whined just so they will allow her to change from swimming as her summer activity to ballet.

 

And she did.

 

"Good Morning,"

 

Nayeon interrupts the two on their rendezvous.

 

"Seems, yours isn't, what did mom do this time?"

 

Jeongyeon speaks. She loves both of her daughters so much.

 

"Threatened to ground me for life,"

 

"Well, that's not a bad idea," Jeongyeon responds honestly.

 

She wants to protect her daughters to all the cruel things that the world offers.

 

Nayeon rolls her eyes.

 

"DAD!" She protests.

 

Jihyo arrives with a tower of pancakes and a plate full of hot dogs, bacon, and eggs.

 

"Okay, guys, stop whatever you are doing. Let's have a normal family breakfast!" She orders and everyone follows her.

 

"Why don't Nabonggie say grace today," Jihyo says with a mocking tone.

 

They all hold hands for Grace.

 

Nayeon says her prayer and the whole family is ready to start their meal.

 

When...

 

Their doorbell rings.

 

"Omo, is that them, already? They came so early!"

 

Jihyo says excitedly.

 

“Get up everyone, we need to welcome them!” She orders.

 

“Mom, I don’t see any difference when you open the door alone to opening the door with us,” Mina complaints, she is a very logical person even she was just seven.

 

“I hate to agree with Mina, but she is right,” Nayeon says.

 

“Jeongyeon, it is Jackson, have them stand up NOW,” Jihyo directs her order to her wife.

 

Jeongyeon smiles awkwardly, “Come, MiNayeonnie, let’s welcome your mom’s best friend,”

 

She orders and Mina follows hesitantly so as Nayeon.

 

“Act like a happy family, smile!” Jihyo is indeed nervous meeting her long-lost friend.

 

“We are a happy family, we do not need to act, right kids?” Jeongyeon says proudly and with that her two daughters smile forcefully.

 

Jihyo takes a deep breath and she opens the door.

 

“Welco –“

 

Her excitement fades when there are three strangers standing in front of them.

 

“Jackson got a plastic surgery? Did not know Mark used him to be the Guinee pig,” says Jeongyeon seriously, well she never really had a humor in her body.

 

Jihyo just frowns to her wife.

 

“Oh, hi, um sorry – we just move from Japan, I am Hirai Jaebum and my husband Hirai Yeongyeom, and this is our daughter, Momo,”

 

“Oh, Hi -yo?” Jihyo greets hearing that they are from Japan.

 

“Sorry to surprise you, we brought some snack from Japan,” Yeongyeom speaks showing a basket full of treats.

 

Jeongyeon just smiles awkwardly, again she is not good in socializing. Good thing it is Jihyo’s expertise.

 

“Oh, thank you, you did not have to, well, we are the Yoos, Jihyo,” She points at herself.

 

“My wife, Jeongyeon and our daughters, Nayeon and Mina,” She adds introducing them.

 

Jeongyeon is ready to say goodbye because she does not want to be alienated but to her dismay, her wife is over friendly.

 

“Have you had breakfast? We are just having ours, so why don’t you come in,” Jihyo invites.

 

Jaebum feels awkward but when Momo heard the word ‘breakfast’.

 

“Do you have pancakes? Hotdogs? Bacon? And Eggs?” She interrupts the adults. Being raised by a Japanese and a Korean parent she speaks both fluently.

 

“Oh, isn’t she adorable, we do. Come on in,” Jihyo says smiling to the eight – year – old Momo.

 

The three other Yoos are just crossing their arms over their chests.

 

Jihyo needs to glare at them for them to move on the side for the Hirais.

 

“PARK JIHYO!!!!!!!!”

 

Before they could come inside the house, a black Rolls Royce parked outside their residence. The window slides down. And there revealed…

 

“OMO!!!! WANG JACKSON!”

 

Everyone cringes on Jihyo’s loud voice, even Jackson.

 

Like a scene in a movie, everything went in slow motion.

 

Jackson takes off from his car and Jihyo runs to him in slow motion.

 

It is seven years that they did not see each other.

 

As they meet half way.

 

They hugged.

 

So tight.

 

And just like in the movie, someone carries someone and spin it because of joy.

 

And like every other time as before.

 

Jihyo carries Jackson and spins him over.

 

“Mom, is disgusting,” Says Mina.

 

Nayeon looks at her sister, for the second time she agrees with her. Jihyo acting like a child is disgusting she thought.

 

“Uncle Jackson came from overseas, we never know what germs is in him,” Says Mina shaking her head.

 

Nayeon rolls her eyes, Mina still has no sense.

 

Jeongyeon is the jealous and possessive type but not to Jackson.

 

She has accepted the fact that when she married Jihyo, she also married Jackson.

 

“We are invisible to them now,”

 

“Tell me about it, Mark, nice seeing you again,” Jeongyeon offers a handshake.

 

She introduces the other two people they just met.

 

Then there is a kid behind Mark.

 

She is ‘koala-ed’ to her father’s legs.

 

“Tzuyu-rah, go introduce yourself to your Unnies,” Says Mark, gently patting the head of his six-year- old daughter.

 

Tzuyu is very shy yet so pretty.

 

“Anyeong, Tzuyu-imnida,” She says with her cute way of doing it, what makes it cuter is her broken Korean.

 

Nayeon smiles sheepishly on the said maknae.

 

There is a certain admiration that she feels towards the girl.

 

She is so cute.

 

That Nayeon cringes.

 

And probably blushes.

 

Since Momo is hungry she careless about it.

 

And since Mina is really….. Mina, she has no reaction on this.

 

“Omo, you are so cute… come here, I am Nayeon Unnie,”

 

“Nayeon Unnie?” Tzuyu repeats and being six is just really adorable.

 

“Oh, why did you say my name like that,” Nayeon fans herself.

 

She loves younger kids.

 

She does.

 

“Come to Unnie, let’s play!” Nayeon offers her hand for Tzuyu to take.

 

The little one looks at Mark first, as if she is asking for permission.

 

Mark nods with a smile.

 

Tzuyu’s eyes turn crescents and she holds on Nayeon’s hand.

 

Nayeon offers her brightest smile to Tzuyu for the first time.

 

 

From that day until forever, Nayeon has been fond of Tzuyu.

 

She always sees Tzuyu as the six-year-old who walks on their doorstep that made Nayeon’s frown went away.

 

Even Tzuyu has grown to become a tall, dark, and beautiful teenager.

 

That makes every girl and guy in her age interested in her.

 

To Nayeon she is still that cute kid who she adores so much. She believes that it is a sisterly love that is why she is overprotective of Tzuyu.

 

“Yah,” Nayeon displays her infamous resting bish face while crossing her arms over her chest.

 

She sees a boy putting some love letter to Tzuyu’s locker.

 

The boy gulps seeing Nayeon. She is a senior for sweet potato's sake.

 

And she looks really scary, it runs in the blood. Jihyo acts this way.

 

“You will pull that letter out and will never show yourself to me or Tzuyu, arraso?”

 

Nayeon says chewing a gum. She even blows an air that moves her bangs.

 

That is for the effect and she looks really scary.

 

The boy nods vigorously and ran away.

 

Nayeon laughs so hard when he is gone.

 

“You are such a bully Nasongs,” Jisoo, her friend appears beside her shaking her head.

 

“What are you talking about? The guy deserves it, Tzuyu is too young for that stuff.” Nayeon defends herself.

 

“I hope I am too young for that stuff too, so my own girlfriend can be that protective of me,” Another girl appears beside them, she pecks Nayeon’s cheeks.

 

“Are you crazy Yooa? No one will dare to take you away from me,” Nayeon says proudly.

 

Yooa and she had been dating for almost a year.

 

She intertwines their fingers.

 

They considered as a power couple in their school. Nayeon and Yooa were part of the cheerleading team.

 

“Ohayo, Momo,” Jisoo greets, “and Mina and Tzuyu,”

 

“Morning Jisoo-ssi.” Momo greets back.

 

Tzuyu offers a smile and a bow.

 

While Mina just bow.

 

The three is always together.

 

Technically, Mina and Momo are inseparable and Tzuyu is a shy type individual who does not like socializing as much so she does not easily make friends.

 

Tzuyu looks at Nayeon.

 

And as always, Nayeon will abandon Yooa for Tzuyu.

 

“Yoda-yah,” It is only Nayeon who calls her that.

 

“Unnie!” Tzuyu protests.

 

“Did you sleep well? Aigoo you are getting so tall, I can’t ruffle your hair anymore,” says Nayeon trying to ruffle Tzuyu’s hair.

 

“Unnie, please.” Tzuyu looks around embarrassed

 

“Why? You used to love spending time with Unnie, why?” Nayeon acts cutely.

 

Mina looks at her sister blankly shaking her head there is no way she will let Nayeon do that to her in public.

 

Nayeon keeps acting cute to Tzuyu, not caring if her girlfriend is there or if anyone will notice them.

 

Luckily, the bell rang so they need to go in their classes.

 

“Tzuyu yah, Unnie will meet you at lunch, arra?”

 

“Neh Unnie,” Tzuyu answers.

 

They have dispersed to their classrooms.

 

Yooa will always be upset about Tzuyu and Nayeon’s behavior but her girlfriend will keep on assuring her that Tzuyu is her dongsaeng, and whenever they ask why she does not treat Mina that way, she will just always say that Mina hates those things.

 

Well, that is true.

 

Nayeon actually does not care what other people think, but she really likes Tzuyu a lot. The fondness she felt when they were young still lingers inside her.

 

So, she is naturally sweet and caring to her.

 

And protective as well.

 

Jisoo had been teasing her that whatever she feels for Tzuyu is not even close to being a sister, rather it is a puppy love that grows into LOVE, and Nayeon disagrees to that.

 

Yooa is her girlfriend.

 

That she always had fights with because of jealousy towards Tzuyu.

 

“If you really don’t like Tzuyu, like that, why don’t you set her up?” Jisoo suggests.

 

“Set her up? Told you she is young for that,” Nayeon defends but the thought makes her have a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach. There is no way she will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter