Best Friend's break up?

Forever Love

Josephine's POV


After my 8th birthday, I treat Harold nicely... Well, comparatively. I know, he promised that he will never leave me again, but after his graduation, the madam force him to go back to the city to manage Cabrera's businesses there. Its been years and I seldom see him. Its worse than when he was just studying, Meaning, I was left alone again with the dragoness I mean with the madam. At least Yewon is here now.

 

"Are you ready?"

"Yes!!! I'm so excited to see him!"

"I wish I could also see your guy 'best friend' in person" yewon said. "Is he cute?"

"No. He is ugly!" I answered with a disgusted face. "He is the ugliest and the most rude person you could ever meet"


"So why did you become best friends again?" She asked

"I told you because he saved my life and his mother is an angel!" I hold her shoulder. "Don't worry, I'll introduce him to you someday, how about on... My birthday?"


"You're gonna invite him on your 16th birthday? How?"


"Let's just cross the bridge when we get there okay. But for now, go lay on my bed and pretend to sleep! Don't forget to put on your face mask! Byeeee!" I waved at her as I jumped on my window


Seems nothing has change right?
I still sneak out but I have an accomplice now who can always call me if there's an emergency. Same time, 3'oclock, my supposed siesta time and the supposed break of Yewon. When everyone thought she left, she was only on my room pretending to be me. Well we have the same hair color and length and our height were almost the same now so that's a save I guess.

 

 

 

.

.

.

.

 


I found him sitting on a big rock that's situated near the edge of the cliff where we first met.


I run quietly behind his back then cover his eyes with my two hands.


"Am..." He spoke. I slowly pulled my hands away from him as I sat beside him.


"Hey." I said then punch him lightly on the arm.

 

"Hey" he responded with a faint smile. I know there's something behind that smile.

 

"I missed you." I said then hugged him like we usually do. But he quickly dodged my arm away from him.


"Is there a problem?" I asked confused


"None!" He shouted

 

"Then, why are you mad?"

 

"I am not. Just... Just... Stop acting like a kid!"


I stood up with anger building up. Like how can he treat me like this? We rarely see each other now and yet, he will just tell me that I am childish?


"And now I'm the one who's acting like a kid now?!"


"Yeah? You're skin ships this is not appropriate with our age now. We are not a kid anymore, you cannot expect someone who might see us and don't see malice out of our interactions" he said and it made me mad even more.

 

"The heck Kris! We've been doing this for years! And now you are telling me that stupidity? What the is wrong with you?!"


"Watch your language young miss!"


"Why? You said I am not a kid anymore so I can curse all I want when I want! Now tell me what's with that malice bull? Because we are best friends and of course I don't see anything wrong doing it with you..."

 

"Exactly! I am your best friend. I am JUST your best friend!" He said then paused as he looked down. "And I don't want to be your best friend anymore."


My throat dried when I hear him say that.

 

"Y-you... You what?" I asked with a shaking voice.

 

He held my hand and put something on top of my palm. And when I saw it, I can't stop a tear to fall from my eye.


"You told me that this bracelet represents our infinite love as friends... Now I want to give it back to you because honestly... I can't give that kind of love for you anymore Amber. I tried but I really can't. I'm sorry."

I got surprised. And starts to sob. Its like my best friend is breaking up with me.


"B-but what did I do? If its because of the embrace... If that's because I'm too clingy... Please I'm sorry, I won't do it again ..."


"Its not about that."


"Then what is it?!" I screamed. I really have no idea why he is like this. "Tell me!" I pushed him lightly when I got no response.


"Just drop it. Its not important anyway" he said.


"I'm loosing my best friend, and you are saying that it isn't important? I have the right to know!" I said frustratingly but I still got no response and it drained all my patience.

 

 

"......"

 

 

"I get it." I said that made him look at me bewilderedly. "I guess everybody is just the same... Everybody was bound to left me anyway, heck even my father disregarded me as his own daughter and my grandmother doesn't want my existence. I shouldn't be surprised that you will also leave me."

 

"Its not what you think Amber!" He said.

 

"No. Don't try to sugar coat me Kris." I cut him off " But just to let you know, when I gave you this bracelet, I meant what I said... My love for you as a friend is forever even if you don't feel the same." I said then gave him back the bracelet. But he refused it.


"I said its not what you think!" He repeated


"Then tell me!"


"Its you! All about you! Your hair, your scent, your smile! Everything!you being just YOU and I can't take it anymore Amber! I can't!" It made me more confused. "Because you are you and me is just... this... 
And again I'm sorry, I can't love you the way you love me anymore..." He pushed back the bracelet back to me again for the second time, and it brings me to the edge.

 

I grab the bracelet and throw it to the cliff and it made his eyes widen.

 

"I gave it to you. Its up to you what you want to do with it but I guess you really don't want it anymore so I gave you a favor" I faced him. I don't know if my eyes were fooling me but I can also see some tears trying to get out from his eyes. "I still love you as a friend." I smiled then hand him the invitation for my birthday. "I hope you can come. And please tell mama that I missed her too. But I hope mama won't leave me too like you just did."

 

I started to walk away with heavy heart without looking back.

 

'Bye Kris. Hope to see you next time'

 

 

 

~~~~~~~

A/n: its been a long time since I updated. Just wanna let you know guys that I'm gonna finish this no matter what.

 

By the way, next chap, Henry is coming to town!