Living the name of Cabrera

Forever Love

Kris walked me to the Cabrera's. Soon I can see the tall walls surrounding the hacienda. I just notice that when you look from outside, it looks like a secluded area, more likely a prison.

And I am one of the prisoners.

In the maximum security if I may say.

"I think we are here" Kris woke me up on my trance.

I didn't notice that we are standing against the gate with an arc above it saying 'Welcome to Hacienda Cabrera'

"Lets go inside, I will introduce you to my family" I choke in my last word. 

'Do I really have a family which I can call my own?'

"No thanks, I need to go back home immediately, my mother is waiting for me" he said

"OK then, you can just leave me here"
I said

He bid his goodbye then left. I waited for him to disappear in my sight before I slowly enter the gate. 

This is it!

When you successfully enter this gate. You will be the new Josephine. A deserving person to carry the name 'Cabrera'.

Lesson 1: in order to be a Cabrera, you should be tough and brave.

Inhale...

One step

Exhale...

Another step.

I continued until the guards saw me. one of them let me in hurriedly.

"Oh my goodness, Ms. Josephine, where have you been?! Madam is looking for you!" He said

The other guards were busy informing the others that they already found me.

"Is she angry?" I asked him

He didn't respond

"I will be taking you home young miss." He said instead

He drive me to the mansion.

As I walked down, Mother's secretary usher me to the library.

She knocked. 

"Madam, Ms. Josephine is here"

"Let her in"

She opened the door for me before she left.

I enter.

"Where have you been?" She said monotonously

"I don't know" I replied shortly

She slam the table loudly.

"Will you answer my question properly young lady" she said in low tone.

If I'm the same old Josephine, probably, I'll be very afraid by now. But no. If I want to prove to her that I am deserving to be a Cabrera, I should be tough.

"I did." I answered

I can see her veins appearing in her neck, signs that she's near her limit.

"Can you explain to me why did you went out without permission?" She changed the question

"To breath fresh air..." I paused before I continued.

"....Because its suffocating in here" I said

She looked at me with rage, or should I say, stared at me like she don't recognize who I am.

"Where are you getting this courage to talk back at me that way?" She asked again.

"You just ask me to answer your questions properly... 
And that's what I'm doing. Answering your question, MOTHER."

I emphasize the last word.

"Is this still about Yewon's family?" She directly go to the point

"No"

"Then what is it!" She finally shouted out of frustration,
Which she regretted and compose her self immediately

I smirk

"This is not about them. As I said, I just want to breath." I explained

"I will not tolerate this kind of behavior again in my house! Do you understand?" She said with authority.

"Yes" I answer 

Then I talked again.

"Permission to ask, Mother" I said which caught her off guard, because it was only our employees who ask her that.

"Ggranted.." She managed to say

"What will you do to me if I didn't meet your expectations? Will you do the same with what you did to Yewon's family to me?"

She paused

"What is this coming from Josephine?" She asked confused but calmer

"Mother, I think its you who is breaking the rules. You shouldn't answer a question by another question." I said

Her expression becomes unreadable.

I don't know if she's mad because I talked back to her or she's happy because she sees herself in me.

"To answer your question a while ago... I will not do anything like that to you my child. You are a Cabrera, of course you can stay as long as you want in here, this is your home" she said lovingly.

But I don't buy that expression of hers.
I guess she's a great actress. No scratch that, she's definitely a GREAT actress.

"Don't worry, I will prove to you that I am worthy to be a Cabrera." I said

"Good. Now get rest. Its been a long day" she said oblivious of what I meant ...and I left.

.
.
.

The next day, I was woken up by a knock on my door.

"Ms. Josephine, your breakfast is ready" a maid carefully shout.

"No. I won't have breakfast in bed this time. I'll be downstairs in a while"
I said

After I took a shower and wear a princess like dress. (Which I hate by the way) I went down to the kitchen

The cooks welcomed me.

"Oh little amber ! Welcome back! You look extra beautiful today" one of the cooks said

I noticed that my mother was standing by the door observing us so I adjust my voice higher so she can hear..

"Thank you. But I'm sorry, there is no Amber in this house. My name is Josephine. So you must address me as Ms. Josephine or young miss." I walked out leaving them confused.

"Good morning mother" I smiled when I walked pass her

"Good morning darling, let's eat" she said happily.

Lesson 2: to be a Cabrera, you should know how to act.

Game face on.

"Good morning Josephine. Are you feeling better now?" My father, which is my Grandfather asked

"Never better" I answered

"Where have you been? We were so worried, specially your mother"

I took a glance on her.

She smiled.

A fake smile.

"Oh I'm sorry." I said sarcastically

"Its ok. Just don't do it again. Now eat faster, your tutor will come soon" she said

And I did.

After eating my breakfast, I went to my room waiting for my tutor.
I study for a while.

Lesson no. 3: if you want to be a Cabrera, you should be academically excellent.

Well. I am, but the old Josephine, just prioritize playing more than studying.

And I think every normal kids do that, but since yesterday, I realized that I am not just a normal kid.

~~~~~
Every single day, I perfect all of my exams. I even corrected my tutor if she committed errors.

The Madam is so impressed.

So she let me play on the ranch like I usually do. But I declined. I said I better study than to get my feet dirty.
She was shocked but was happier with my decision.

The days pass and I did everything that pleases the Madam. The villagers were confused on what's happening to me. Some said, that I am growing up like my mother, who is very strict and a snob who looks down on poor people. Some were saying I'm just afraid of her that's why I obey her.

Everything is doing great for her. I, who is the perfect epitome of an heiress of Cabrera, is possessing everything that a real Cabrera should have.

That's what she thought.

But she's wrong. Totally awfully wrong.

Just like this day, at exactly 3'oclock, My supposed siesta time.
I dress up like on commoners attire, and a cap after I put a large pillow on my bed and cover it with my blanket. Cliché right? But it works nevertheless.

Just as a good climber I am, I climb down from my window. Of course, I didn't leave it open. Then I climb again against the fences of the mansion. I blend in the crowd to et to the borders and climb up again, against the tall walls surrounding the Cabrera's property. Its on the far side that's why there's no guard in here.

When I'm on top of the wall, I whistle as a sign.

"Jump now!" He said

"Catch me OK!"

"Sure thing, when did I let you fall?"
He asked

"Quit being cheesy! I'll jump now OK"

"1..2..3...!"

We count in unison

Then I jumped.

Its so high that we stumble and rolled on the grass.

We burst out laughing.

"Hey, you look good on my clothes" he complemented

"Yeah, I'm more handsome than you." I said

"You're a good joker"
He said annoyed

"Haha. Just kidding... Nothing beats the face of my most Handsome Best friend" I said then pinch his cheeks

"Aw! Stop that!" I let him go

"You are just saying that because I'm your only best friend"

"Exactly" I said proudly

"You are just like my mother" he said whining

"Haha. She's also my mama that's why" I told him

"Hmp! Let's go now, she's waiting for us now, she misses you" we stood up and starting walking

"Awww.... She's so sweet. Is she the only one who misses me huh Kris?

" of course Daisy, lily, rose, carnation..." He recites the names of his goats so I cut him off.

"Fine fine you don't miss me!" I pout

He put his arm on my shoulder

"Silly, of course I miss you too. Amber"

"Really??"

"Does it really needs to be mentioned?, and why did you want us to call you amber again?" He asked for the nth time

"Because I want to forget being Josephine for a moment. Its tiring... Really tiring" I answered.

"Hmmmm.... OK while you're out, let's make the most of it,OK "

I nodded then he lightly pushed me.

"Get me if you can turtle!"

He said then I chase after him.

~~~~~
A/n: I'm really sorry for the late update. This chap should be posted four days ago but I didn't notice that I posted it on another fic