Henry

Forever Love

Amber's POV

 

"Can you believe what he just told me ?!" I narrate to Yewon what happened to me last night and I was still beyond mad!

 

I was expecting her to comfort me or say something like, ‘everything will be fine’ or at least, tell how jerk of a friend Kris was to me. But I got nothing.

 

When I looked up to her, her face was all red, with puffy cheeks.

 

"What? Say something!" I said frustratedly.

 

But this friend of mine laughed on my face like I just said the most hilarious joke she ever heard in her entire life.

 

"Are you for real Amber? Ahahahaa!!!!!" She said in between laughs while clenching her stomach and tapping my bed like her life depends on it.

 


"Hey! What's so funny?!" I said getting annoyed

 


"Wait a sec." She said as she took a breather then wiped her tears on the corner of her eyes. "Seriously Amber, I never knew I have a dense and stupid friend."


"What the? He told me I was childish, and now you are saying I am dense and stupid?! What kind of friends are you?!" I said as I attempted to walk out from my room.

 


"Wait" she held my wrist. "Do you want me to explain it to you in details?" She asked.

 

~~~~~
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


"Are you friggin serious Yewon?!" I freaked out after hearing her perspective.


"I am, he likes you more than friends but he cannot pursue it because of your social status. That's it."


"No...no... He's just my best friend and I treat him like a brother. He cannot just..."


"EXACTLY!" She cut me off. "That's why he said he is just your best friend but he doesn't want to be your best friend anymore. Its because he wants more... MORE Amber MORE!"


"Stop that!" I said as I throw a pillow straight on her face.


"Woah! What's with the blush Amber baby... What were you thinking huh? ... Hmmmm.... So where's the non malicious girl go? Don't tell me you're thinking about...."


"I said stop!" I throw her another pillow but this time she caught it.


"Hahaha. Just kidding okay!.... But joking aside, are you perhaps... Feeling the same way towards him?"


I paused. What she said made me think: do I really think of him as just a best friend and nothing else?


Either way, I need to talk to him. I need to fix what's happening between the two of us. This misunderstanding cannot ruin my friendship with him.


~~~~~

 

That day, I made my way to the cliff, still with Yewon's help. Although its not on schedule, I still snuck out.  I went to the cliff but he wasn't there. I didn't even see any of his goats. But I didn't give up.


If I cant see him on the cliff then maybe I can see him on his home. And so I went there but I didn't see Kris. Not even a trace. I dunno. Its just that they were no lights and all their doors and windows were locked. Even mama is not answering through my shouting spree outside.


After minutes of yelling, I gave up. My throat sores but my determination is still on fire! I just sat there near the gate waiting for anybody to come. I don't know what I'm gonna tell him,I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I'm certain that I need to fix this. This can't be the reason for us to fall apart.


Thinking my past with him makes me smile but what happened yesterday, ended it up with a sad note. No! Scratch that! It was tragic. I can't help but teared up again until my lids got heavy and soon fell asleep.

.

.

.

.

Zzzzzzz....


Slap!


I woke up with a buzzing sound and a sting from a mosquito bite on my cheek. I looked at my surroundings and I almost see nothing! Yup! Meaning its almost night time!


I rummage my bag to find my phone to check the time and if Yewon has a message, but I realized, I left it at home!


'Sheeze! I'm gonna be a dead meat later!' I told my self as I called out once again but I still didn't get any reply so I just walked back to the Cabrera's still wearing Kris's clothes and hat I wore yesterday. I jumped at the wall but I lost my balance so I screamed when I fell. I guess I'm still not in my mind yet after that conversation with Kris.


My scream was unexpectedly heard by a roaming guard.

 

"You! Stop right there!"
He yelled


"Aist!" I muttered and starts to run away


He called other guards to help him catch me


But hey, I'm younger so its obvious, I got better stamina than them.


I ran on a busy street so I could blend in the crowd.


And just as I thought I already lost them.... A guard showed up on the other side of the street and I have nowhere left to run.

 


"Oh shakes! I'm cornered!" I muttered under my breath

 


I can't afford to be caught! Madam will lock me down for good!


'Oh dear Lord please help me!'

 

And just as that, my prayer were answered in an instant.


"Ahhhh!!!" I shouted but was muffled when a hand covered my mouth.

 

"Shhhhh...., stop yelling, do you want them to see you?" He said in perfect British accent.
And I just stood there afraid and just let this stranger take the lead.

.

.

.

 

.

.

.

.


Somebody's POV.

 

I was just walking around when I saw a lanky boy being chased by the guards. He doesn't seem to look dangerous in my point of view.

‘power tripping again... Tsk’ I thought as I decided to help him by pulling him out of their sight.

 

At first, he is being difficult to deal with, that I had the urge to give him an uppercut so he would just calmed down but thank goodness that he stopped struggling when he saw them come nearer.


We hid on a pile of pallets. I can feel he was trembling in fear. Until I got an idea.


"Stay here" I commanded


He just nodded like a kid.


I slowly went out and face the guards. When they asked me if I saw the boy they're been chasing, I point them to the opposite direction. After I made sure if they are gone, I went back to where I left him. 


"The coast is clear you may go out now..." I was about to ask him why is he being chased but I was cut off when he spoke.


"Thank, you, I got to go"he said.

 

How rude this boy can be?! After I saved him, He didn't even say his name!

 

He was about to runaway but I quickly grab his arm

 

"Hey!" I yelled as he was forced to face me. His body turned around swiftly like on slow motion but his hat dropped because of the action, and at that time I swear ! I saw an Angel on flesh!


Her brown wavy long hair bounced in the air and whipped to her side revealing her angelic face. I thought that was very mesmerizing already, but when she opened her eyes... The city lights reflected on her orbs and I never ever saw eyes as beautiful as those.

 

"You - you're a gGirl??" Was the only thing I was able to say... stammering at the beauty before me. 


She didn't answer my question, but smiled as a reply. I swear! That smile almost took my breath away. I felt like the world stopped at that moment and she is the only thing I see.

 

"thank you, but I really have to go" 
She woke me up on my trance. Well not really... I was still on a daze when she immediately put back her hat on hiding her silky locks underneath it and run away leaving me still day dreaming.


"Cute" I muttered under my breath.


Well... I just saved her, but I remember, I was also being chased!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


Back to Amber's POV


As I reached the mansion, I got confused. I saw that there were a lot of guards surrounding the mansion not to mention, I haven't seen them before.

'Why are there so many guards in here! And why now! Aist!'
I ruffled my hair at the thought.


"Hey hey pssst!" I called a guy a little bit older than me, walking nearby,

 

"Whats happening?" I asked

 

"You don't know? The heir of the Cabreras is now home and the governor's  family will be having a dinner with them to welcome him. "


The heir of the Cabrera's???


Harrold is back again?!
Last time I saw him was during Christmas season and its been months. But what I'm curious about is why the governor's family are here. I don't remember any occasion aside from my upcoming birthday.


"Are you okay?" The kid snapped me out of my thoughts


"Yeah" I answered


"Well then, I need to keep going, I need to bring this dress for young miss" he said


'Oh Lord thank you so much!'


" I need to deliver this immediately because I have more deliveries to do,  I'm a bit late cause my mother just finished this but you can't blame her, they just ordered this morning and of course..." He whined

"You are a savior!" I cut him off

"What?"

"I could deliver this to the young miss, and you can proceed to your other deliveries"

"No way!" He said as he hold the box to his chest, protecting it.


I sighed. I have no choice but to do this...

I raised my hat just enough for him to see my amber eyes.

"Yo...you... You are..."

"Yes. I'm the young miss, so can I get my dress and your entry pass?"


He immediately bowed on me several times.

"Just give it to me" I said stopping his bowing spree.

"But why do you need the entry pass, and why are you dressed like that?"

I answered him with a glare and he obeyed.

He gave me the dress and the entry pass. And now I'm ready for my plan.


But wait.

What's my plan?

Do I have a plan?.

No. I don't have a plan!

"Tsk!. Come what may!"

 

I fall in line and enter the mansion with shaking feet. I keep my head low so no one would know who I am.

Its good that the guards here are not from Cabrera's, maybe they are the governor's guards.

"Who are you?" Said the guard at the gate

I just let him see my entry pass then he looked at his book.

He eyed me from head to foot.

"You look so short for a 16 year old boy" he said

I was about to open my mouth when he said,

"Okay, you may enter. Next!"

'Weeew'

I figured I can't climb back to my room because of the security and a guard is guiding me where to go.

"Can I use the restroom?" I modulate my voice deeper

"Can't it wait? You're just about to give that dress to the receiving area and that's it" he said

"No... Do you want me to pee here?"

I threatened that I'll open my zipper

"Fine! There's the commoner's rest room"

"Thank you!"

"You know what, you can just give me the dress" he suggested

"No way! This is my accountability if you mishandle it!" I act angry

"Just make it faster"
Then he let me go to the restroom

I look around the commoner's restroom (that's what they call it for it is used by the employees of the mansion) to see if there are other people. When I checked there's none, I quickly went to the ladies', then stripped down my commoner's clothes, put it on my bag and wear the dress. But the thing is, I don't have shoes that fits with this dress so I just walked out barefooted.


I look around again and saw the same guard ushering other people on the receiving area so I made it a chance for me to go to the garden where the back door is. Lucky there are no guards in here. They're all on the other side of the walls surrounding the garden.

I quickly opened the door without thinking twice and just when I'm about to go up the stairs situated in the end of the living room...


"Oh Josephine! There you are!"


Uh...ohw... Madam spotted me.


"Ha-hi!" I greeted awkwardly.
There's madam and don with Hae. I also saw another couple, which probably the Governor and his wife.


"Why are you barefooted?" She asked


"Ohw? Ah, that, I was about to ask yewon where did she put my shoes, yeah that's right"


"Oh, she's in the receiving area, I'll ask her to help you get ready, be quick, our guests are waiting" Madam said


"Don't worry dear, we are also waiting for our son, so go and take your time"

 

I just smiled awkwardly then excused my self to go to Yewon.

~~~~~~~

"Oh my gosh Amber, where have you been?!" Yewon nagged me


"I'm sorry okay. If only I know that you are the one designated in the receiving area, I shouldn't go to the backdoor"

"As if I can let you enter here with your commoner's clothes on" 

"You got a point there. But what's happening here? Why are they here?" I asked

"I have no idea. If I know, I wouldn't let you go out to find your lover boy"

"Yewon! He is NOT. okay! He is just my best friend. Besides, I didn't saw him"

"Oh... Don't sulk amber baby... Your make up will be ruin. Maybe you should go find him some other time. Now go downstairs, they are waiting for you" she pat my back as encouragement. She knows I hate social gathering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


" Look how beautiful you are Josephine. My son will definitely admire you..." The governor's wife welcomed me. "Oh... Here he is, come here son." She looked at a guy who just came in with a very sophisticated clothes.


We stood there looking at each other from toe upwards until our eyes met.

 

"Josephine, this is my son, Henry."

 


"You?!" We both said in unison.

 


"You knew each other?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: heeeeeelow! So how was it guys? I know this chap is a little fluffy and heartbreaking for krisber shippers out there.... So how about let's get back to drama next chapter and a Kris PoV maybe?