Henber

Forever Love

Henry Pov

 

Josephine...

 


How can I sleep if all I see is your face

 

​​​​

 

 

 

 

The way your hair flipped... Even though you dressed as a guy... You are undeniably beautiful... Inside and out.

 

I grin as I remembered what happened to the dinner I was meaning to ditch out.... Good thing I was caught by the governor's guards....

 

Flash back at Cabrera's Mansion:

 

"Josephine, this is my son, Henry."

 

"You?!" We both said in unison.

 

"You knew each other?"

.

.

.

Henry POV

I never knew that obeying my stubborn parents will let me see the girl that occupied my mind. She stood there in her simple little dress, I almost don't recognize how she looks... How can be a rascal girl can turn into a princess?

 

She's so ....

 

"Beautiful." I mumbled.

 

"Pardon?" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. And that's when I realized that her hand was stretched out for me to reach.


"Huh?" I asked confused about the situation. Does she wants me to hold hands with her ? At this instant? Well I wouldn't say no to that!


I was about to grab her hand when she pulled it back, with a disappointed look which made me mentality smack my stupid head.


"Henry, how can you be so rude! She said nice meeting you but you didn't respond!" My mom nagged me quietly but I ignored her.


"Nice finally knowing you miss Cabrera." I said not taking my eyes off of her.


"Well thank you for that Mr. Henry Collins " she smiled but not like the one she gave me at the street a while ago. I was about to stretch my hand for a handshake but she already sat down and say... "Please have a seat and enjoy the food. I hope you like what we served for you and your family Mr. Henry Collins " and that made me taste the own dose of my medicine.


I hate myself for not shaking her hand a while ago! I made her feel embarrassed and humiliated! Which I'm feeling right now by the way.


"Oh, Josephine, you are so sweet... Please pardon my son's behavior, he must be just tired, he just arrived from London this morning." My mother said gesturing me to sit down with her.

 

"No problem Mrs. Collins , I understand." She finally said and starts to slice her meat with such grace. I can't help but just look at her every move.


How she picks up the small slice of beef...  How she lift that fork with her two slender, candle-like fingers... How she opens in anticipation...


Yes the moment when a piece of meat is luckier than you? That moment that a piece of meat is about to touch her luscious lips that looks like a cherry. Oh how I wish I could transformed and turned into a piece of meat right now! 


There's the lucky one go... A meat is just about to be eaten and I'm craving for some cherries!

 

‘Those plum cherries really looks delicious’ *gulp*


Just a centimeter away...but why does she stopped?. She closed and her lips curved into a frown.  "Mr. Collins is there something wrong with my face?" She asked.

 

‘oh shakes! She probably thinks I'm a creep!’
I panicked and desperately peeled off my gaze on her tempting lips and bring it to her eyes....


Oooops... Wrong move!
Her eyes speaks more danger.


I feel like the time stopped again and gravity is pulling me on her orbs. It feels like behind that beauty is a wormhole that everything on it's way and that includes my whole being. I even ignore the wrinkles forming by her two colliding brows as she scrunch it because my vision is still occupied by those amber eyes of hers ... Those cast a spell on me and I feel like I will be forever trapped, not that I'm complaining... But... What are you doing to me ?


‘such a great witch’


"What did you just say?" She asked with a little pissed off look which made me go back to reality. I looked around me to see that all eyes are on me, demanding for an explanation which I don't even know where to get.


Can somebody please tell me where to buy an explanation, because I'm running out of it right now!


I got so uncomfortable with their stares... So I avoided everyone and just look on the feast served on the table. And there I see my savior!


"Ah... What a great... Sandwich!" I grab  a piece of bread and stuff it on my mouth. " this is really yummy, you should try one!" I said a little too high pitched to hide my nervousness.

 

"I didn't know, that a toasted French bread is considered as 'a great sandwich' in London" she said with a hint of sarcasm.


Oh well, I can't blame her. It was a lame excuse anyway. So I just smiled at her and to everyone else. I can see my dad and mom having an unreadable expression. I just shrugged and didn't mind them at all.


We eat our meal silently that the only sounds you can hear are the moving utensils and the ticking of the grand father clock. Silence is nerve wrecking, but I rather stay like this and not dare to look in my front, afraid that she will cast a spell on me again. Not until Mrs. Cabrera spoke.


"So Henry, how's your study in London?" Mrs. Cabrera asked


"It was nice." I said with a smile.


"You are being humble again my son, actually, he is doing really good. He is a consistent honor student and if he continue this, he might be the valedictorian when he graduates." My mother boast again.


"That's good." Mrs. Cabrera complimented with a nod. She looks scary actually.


"How about you Harold, how was your business doing in the city?"
My father asked the older brother of my princess. Yes my princess already!


"It was good too." He said shortly.


My father nodded. I thought, that would be the end of the awkward conversation but no. Mrs. Cabrera spoke again.


"Harold here is expanding our business in the city and is actually planning to reach other countries." She said.

 

"Oh, you are too young to be such a successful businessman! I wish my Henry will also be as successful as you are, but in the world of 'public service' " my mother said. Well that's her term for politics... 'Public service' which I really have no interest with.

 

"Really? Harold can give you some advice if you like. You can treat him as your own brother."

 

'Clack!'


Josephine drops her knife.

 

"Ah, I'm sorry, I'm clumsy at times" she said. I don't know if my eyes are fooling me but I can see her lips slightly quivering.

 

"Let me help you!" I insisted and hurriedly went to her side to pick up her knife under the table. But I think I wasn't quick enough. Oh that's the first time I'm very thankful that I'm a second late. For she already got her knife when I touched it, that made me touch her hand as well.


"Here.." I said


"thanks..." She mumbled. 
I swear that I saw an angel in flesh when I met her, now I can feel an angel when I touch her. "Umf... I need my hand back" she said.

 

"Ah... Yeah, of course." I went back to my seat as Mrs. Cabrera ask a maid to get Josephine a new knife.

 

"Oh... They look so cute together, don't you think?" My mom said. And I surely know what lies behind that tease. 


"Mom! Don't make her feel uncomfortable." I whispered shout.


"Josephine you wouldn't mind if you will accompany Henry while we talk some matters here right?" I can see the irritation on Josephine's face but it was immediately washed off by a grin. "Of course Ma'am, I'll show him around." She answered then turned to me. "Are you done eating?" She asked me


"Ah, yeah. Shall we?" I asked as I lend my hand to help her stand up. She took it and there goes electricity flowing on my nerves again!


"Mother, father... Harold, Mr. And Mrs. Collins, we would like to excuse our selves, thank you so much for the food." She said with so much respect then we walked off. I can even hear my mother praise her demeanor.

 

She walks with minimal noise on her heals with me, following her. "Where are we going?" I asked.


"To the garden"


"Why there?"


"So no one would see us." She said as a matter of factly tone 

 

So no one would see us? Why? What is she planning to do?


"Here we are." She said as she slumped on the bench. "Wa-what are you doing?" I stammered as I see her in an awkward position. She lifted her foot, knee on her chest: its like she's not wearing a dress at all. "This" she answered as she took her heals off and throw it to the grass.

 

"Ahhh! My feet hurts with that stupid heals! And this dress is really itchy!" She growled


I smiled at her cuteness.


"How can you do that?" I asked. "Do what?" She asked back. "That. You change in an instant."


"I am used to it already" she answered. "You do it really good then." I Said.

 

"I hope that's a compliment" she said with a chuckle. "Can you do it more often ?" I said as I found the sounds she's making really relaxing


"What?"


"You're chuckle."


"You know what? You are really creeping me out." She commented. "You refused to shake hands with me, you even called me a witch. Now you want me to chuckle with no reason? Did you bump your head or something ?" She asked.

 

I smiled. "I don't know either. I am usually composed and well mannered. Basically the complete opposite of what I've shown a while ago. But not until I saw a boy looking lady being chased by the guards in the middle of the street." I smirked.

 

"Oh that, Thank you again for saving me." She looked down for a second then looked at me in the eyes. "What can I do to repay you?" Well you can stop starring at me cuz I might melt under your gaze!


"Thank you is enough" I said


"You kinda remind me of someone." She said then she looked down again as if she's thinking.

 


"Josephine..." I muttered under my breath.

 

"I miss him..." I heard her mumbled. I can't explain it but I can feel my chest tighten. "I miss him so much." She continued.

 

"I'm here." I said. As I looked at her. "You can pretend that I'm him for a moment." Oh ! When did I became this masochist?

 

 

"C-can I do this?" She asked as she wrapped her arms on mine and lean her head on my shoulder. "Tell me if I make you uncomfortable okay." I just nodded.

 

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes until I can feel her arms starting to tighten her grip on my arm then she starts to clench my sleeves. "Ah... Josephine?" I asked as I took a peek on her. And the sight broke my heart for the second time this night.


Josephine ... Her eyes closed tightly, lips trembling with a sole tear threatening to escape in her eye. "Why..." She mumbled in her sleep. "Why do you have to leave me?" I looked up because I can't take it anymore.


I only saw her this day but she has this effect on me. Oh how I wish I am really him. I will never hurt you and make you cry ... My angel ...

 

I looked up as I sigh.

 

I just let her mumble incoherent words until I have to wake her up because we need to go back inside.


She opened her eyes but she's still a bit groggy. So I helped her with her shoes. I picked it up and attempted to put it to her foot just like prince charming do to Cinderella.


*grin*

 


I shakily hold her ankle for support. With her shoe on my other hand.


'If I put this on... You will really be my princess from then on. ' I told my self.
As I slowly slipped on her shoe...


But...


BOGSH!!!


"AH.....!!!!"  I groan in pain when she kicked my eye with HER HILLS ON!.

 

"Oh my gosh! Henry!" She sat up

 

"Sh!t!" I screamed

 

"Why did you do that?! Don't you know I have a funny bone in my feet?!"


"Now I know" I said sarcastically as I sat up. "Thank you for your apology." I added. "Let's go inside."


We went inside with me still holding my eye. Grrrrr.... I thought she's an angel. I never knew that angels can also be an amazona!


"My son what happened to you?!" My mother shouted when she saw me.

 

"Accident." I said pissed off.


"Let's go home now so we can treat that." My mother exclaimed. I just scoffed. I'm still pissed off. After I endure her torture when she was asleep? She will also hurt me physically without even saying sorry?

@car


"Son..." My dad caught my attention.


"Yeah?" I scowled


"I know, we kinda force you to be here, but can you at least act a little lighter and less rude next time..." 


"Next time?!" I exclaimed excitedly.


"Woah. Chill. I know you don't want to go back there... So maybe we will just go by ourselves then."


"No! I will go with you! " I'm so gonna make her apologize next time.

"Oh? Okay."


~~~~~~~


Meanwhile ....

 

" Amber, why do you have to be Josephine?... Why do you have to be part of that family?...why?!"


He sighed as he remember what his mother told him.

 

"Kristopher... Are you starting to feel..."

 

"I don't know ma. I think I'm falling..."


"STOP! Don't even start!"


"Ma?" He asked confused.


"Friendship is scary enough but beyond that? I can't let you... Don't you even dare!"

"But why ma? You love her too right?"

"I love her but I love you more!"

"What are you saying? I can't understand."

"If you can't kill that feelings, better end your friendship right now..."

"But why?!" 


"Oh believe me, you don't want to know"

" but I need to know ma!"

"Don't! Just stop!"


"I won't. Not unless you tell me."

"You really want to know huh? Okay. I'll give you what you want! Because they are the reason why I become like this!" She points on her eyes "They are the reason why your father died!" She screamed. "They are the reason why we are suffering right now Kris." Her son was stunned. He still can't contemplate what he was hearing right now.

"They did w-what??"

"You don't know them Kris. You don't know what they are capable of. And I don't want you to experience what my best friend experienced just because she loved a Cabrera !"

 

~~~~~~~~

 

A/n: ayo! I know, I said I'll give a Kris PoV and bring back the drama but I focused on Henber...


Well actually, I was supposed to update my other fic but after I watched Henry's 'I live alone' with Amber. I can't help but to write a moment for them. I mean ... Aren't they just adorable? 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

 

And I'm kinda inspired in editing some photos. Isn't it obvious?

 

 


Waaaaahh... The LLAMA IS BACK! I MISSED HER SO MUCH!!!