That Should be Me

Forever Love

Roar of thunder and the blinding strikes of lightning are the sky's answer to all of his doubts. The heavy rain camouflage the tears running from his eyes, as the gloomy weather mirror his aching heart. But it won't stop him from correcting his mistake. He is determined to get back what he was thrown out by himself.

The words were repeating on his mind in a loop while he is running on all direction finding their ‘bond of forever’

"Kris... I feel like I can't fight any longer...

....I want to see her for the last time."

Its not just his feelings who is at stake right now, but, though he doesn't want to admit, the last will of his mother.

"I found it!" He yelled as he raised his hand in the air with the bracelet on his fingers.

~~~~~~~~
Kris PoV

I wore the best attire I ever wore in my entire life. I've swallowed all my pride when I went to a tailoring shop just to rent this in a lower price. Good thing, the tailor just lend me this for free, well not really, I just let him flirt with me without complaining, and that's the part where I swallowed my pride at.

But its worth it.

 

Okay, what else do we need?

A little combing,

A little cologne, 

Breath check,

and I'm ready to go.

Oh! Don't forget the speech!


"Sorry. Amber, I'm so sorry."

Say S-O-R-R-Y before anything else and get your face ready for a crunchy slap!


That's what I kept on repeating on my self until I reached the tall gates of the Cabrera's

"Excuse me, I dont think you are from here, are you perhaps visiting anyone or are you lost?" A guard stopped me.

"Ah, I'm heading to Cabrera's house, I'm  invited to Amb...to Josephine's birthday party." He eyed me in suspicion from head to foot so I showed him my invitation card. With the way he looks at me, there's like 80% chance that he is not convinced.

"Okay, just go straight and turn right on the 3rd block, then you'll find your way to the mansion." Wooah! that was close.

Since I've got good navigating skills, I found the said ‘mansion’ right away. I was expecting a big house but I  never thought that this is literally a mansion, this could actually pass as a castle! 

"Good evening sir, may I see your invitation card?" This time, I was greeted cordially by the men in suits on the lobby.

"Ah, sir, may I ask where is the celebrant?" 

"I last saw her in the garden with..."

"Thank you!" I replied immediately.

Okay... Now where's the garden?

‘why is this house so big anyway?!’

After I walked for like 5 mins, I finally got to the garden. I fixed my hair once again and ironed my polo with my hands.

Come to think of it, Amber might laugh at me when she see me. I think I got a little over dressed.

'You look fine Kristopher! As long as you got this bracelet, she will be happy to see you... Again' I say in my thoughts as I gather all my courage, and hold my gift for her on my chest. In one swift turn, I face the garden and there I saw the girl I'd been missing, sitting on a bench. But instead of walking towards her, my feet got rooted on the ground, my body got frozen, eyes fixated on her.

 

Is this really her? Is this really Amber?!

 

 

Yes its her! That's the way she sits. And who else could pull off a dress with bare foot? Only her can do that.

She looks so beautiful in that pretty little dress. She is stunning, in a bad way, too bad for me at least. Because the more I look on her every detail, the more I see the gap between us. Its like we're leaving in parallel worlds and even I tried to chase after her, our worlds can never meet. She's a princess and I am nothing but a pauper.

The little sparkles on her dress speaks felicity, but the sparkle on her eyes speaks the opposite: its nothing but misery. And I know, I am one of the many to blame.

This time, I am willing to do anything just to give her smile back. I wanted it so badly, to the point of desperation.

With long strides I walk towards her,
In just a split second she could have been looking to where I am. So I tried to call for her:

"Amb..."

"Josephine!" Someone shouted from the opposite direction, stealing her attention from me.

"Henry!" She shouted back.

I suddenly became self conscious by the way he dressed. But what's making me more conscious is what was on his mouth: a single red rose.


Their cheeks touched for a greeting. Then he held her hand and kissed the back of it. My heart is sinking on what I'm seeing right now. They look so close to each other. I guess, she's just too friendly, in a bad way AGAIN, too bad for me at least, for I am just another 'friend' on her list.

He now hands her the rose. Sweet? Nah, I find it gross. How can she give her something with his saliva?
But Amber seems not to be bothered for she took the rose and a wrapped gift from him.

She then smiled at him. Yes. Someone is making her smile aside from me. She opened it and wow. Its a beautiful doll shoes. An expensive pair of beautiful shoes. The clothes that I lend her are no match on that one.

I looked at my own attire. How could I possibly think that I was over dressed in the first place? This mansion's Butler's suits are far more formal than what I'm wearing. And my gift? How could I give this to her after what that Henry guy gave her?

Just look at that Henry, he is obviously from a rich family. His clothes...

My view got blocked when Amber tiptoed and hugged him. She cling her arm on his neck while the guy wrapped his arms around her waist.

she leans closer and closer and....

I can't take it anymore!, I turned around not wanting to see the sight.

‘this is my fault!’

I WISH that was me.
That WAS supposed to be me.
That USED to be me...

Before I messed everything up.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Next: Amber's POV

Did you like my new 'Amber is girl' edit? 😸😸😸😸