Let the Battle Begins

Forever Love

Josephine's PoV

Its my birthday, but I can't be totally happy without my best friend. Did he really left me?

"Amber baby, why are you so gloomy? Its your birthday." Yewon asked.

I didn't answer.

"Is it still because of him?"

"I think he will not come." I said a little too sure

"Oh... It will be difficult for him to come here anyway. You know, this is a formal occasion, he will have a hard time to mingle with everyone. "

"You have a point. But still. His presence could have been the best gift for me this year. Just like what you did on my eight birthday. Do you remember?"

"Yes I do. But Am.. You can still try to be happy, Henry will sure be here, he is also your friend right?"

"Kinda, but, I'm really irritated by him he is just ugh! I can't even describe it!"

"Haha just like your description for Kris when you first saw him right?"

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is, its not bad to try to be friends with him too. Henry is such a nice guy. He is a gentleman, well educated, comes from a well off family..." Yewon has a point and I already got it, but what I don't understand is why she still keeps on adding adjectives, like its endless! "...He is kind, generous, he has a lovely smile that can take away my frown, his eyes are very attractive, I could look at it all day! he is so cute and charming and..."

"Wait! Wait up!" I stopped her rambling. "Yewon, tell me honestly, Are you having a cru..."

"Shhhhh!!!!!" She covered my mouth.

"Oh its true then?" I asked after I took her hand off of me.

"Fine... Just a minor one, nothing serious, besides, I think he likes someone else." She said with a sad face

"Tsk. Nonsense! Don't worry, I will help you out."

"No! You don't need to."

"Don't worry, its just for friendship okay... As you said, its not bad to try to be friends with him too."

" what are you planning to do then?"

"I'll introduce you to him, then ask him if we could hangout together sometimes."

She just nodded.

"Great! He will be here any moment from now."

"Wha... What?!" She yelled. Then hurriedly stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"On the restroom. Oh my gosh! My nerves are taking all my sanity away!" Then she ran off.

"Tsk. This girl"
I was there left alone sitting on the bench. Then my thoughts came back just before Yewon came. I didn't notice that my eyes are starting to water again because of him. How can he do this to me?

 

 

Tak... Tak... Tak... 

 

 

I heard footsteps towards me. I don't know why but, I kinda find it ... Familiar.

 

I was about to look to the direction the footsteps are coming from when someone shouted from the opposite side.

 

"Josephine!"

Its... "Henry!"

After our usual greetings, he hand me a rose and his gift. "Thank you" I smiled.

 

"Please open it now" he said and I did.

 

"Its made by my favorite designer from London. I figured, you are really not into high heels so I chose this flats. And I think, I chose the right one." He said as he looked at my bare foot. " Ahm... I actually picked it for you to wear for a dinner. If only you agree..."

 

A dinner?! Yes! Just the way I planned it to be. I can't help but grin and hugged him.

 

I whispered to his ear, "thanks man!" Then tapped his shoulder, just like the usual 'bro hugs'. "Great! When it is gonna be?"

"You - you're going out with me?"

"Of course silly! I actually want to ask you the same. I wanted to introduce you to someone so you could hangout with us."

"No no Josephine!. What I mean is you and me. And you know, dinner?"

"I know, I know. On a fancy resto? Loosen up a bit ya, know? Its too boring in there." I can sense that he wants to complain but I wore my shoes lying on the ground then drag him to search for yewon. But we only had few steps when I saw the glimpse of her. "Oh there she is!"

 

••••••••• 


Yewon's Pov

 

After I went to the bathroom to fix myself, I went back to the garden, but on my way there, I bumped into someone.

"Ouch!" I want to nag at him but held it in, who knows ? He might be an important person like the usual guests on this kind of parties. But, its still early to have guests?

"I'm sorry miss." He said with cracking voice that made me looked at him.

"Wait. Are you crying?" I asked the obvious. Of course he denied it and attempted to getaway but I already seen what's the reason behind his tears. Its Amber, and Henry chatting happily. ‘dont worry, I can feel you.’

"You must be Kris? Kristopher, right?"

"How'd you know?" He asked, surprised.

"Duh?? The question is, how will I not know, if you're the reason why my friend is gloomy the whole week!"

"I don't think she's gloomy, just look at her... With him." He said the last part with a sad tone.

"You're a jerk. You know?"
I know I shouldn't talk to him so casually since we just met, but I had the urge to do so.

"I beg your pardon." He said annoyed.

"...and a coward." I added.

"What the?!"

"All she wished for is for you to come. But then you're just leaving her?... AGAIN?! What kind of friend are you?!" I whispered shout.

"Think what you want." He said then attempted to get away again but before he do so, we both got startled when someone called my name.

"Yewon!" And she ran towards us, dragging Henry along the way. We are both nervous with different reasons now. "Oh, you're with someone?"

"Hi..." I tucked some strands of my hair behind my ear.

"Hello." Said Henry.

Amber dragged me a little far from the two guys so they couldn't hear us. "What was that! I thought I'm the one whose going to introduce you to someone? I never thought that you could easily find another one without my help!" She nagged.

"No..no..., what if I told you Kris came?"

"No way!" she shouted. "If I see him now... Its either I kick him or hug him. But the first one is more I like it." She continued.

"Let's see about that." I said then turned to the guys, "Kris!"

And he slowly turned to face us. I can see he is trembling. Now let's see if he will be kicked and in what part. *wink wink.

 

"Oh my gawd ! Kris! You look.......
 hilarious! Ahahhahahahaha!" She laughed, almost cracking. That wasn't part of the choices!

 

"I knew it. I'll just leave." He said.

 

"No no! Seriously, you look... Different. In which grave did you snatch that clothes from?"
What is she saying? That's gonna offend him!

"Oh yeah? I thought this is a birthday party, I didn't know that this will be a baptismal party and you are the godmother."

Woah!

"At least I don't smell like a cadaver, buried six feet under the ground." She retorted back.

 

"Do I? Smell me then!" And he headlock her.

 

Is this how close they are?

 

Henry's PoV

 

Is this the guy she always talks about? After all the tears she shed for him, its like nothing happened at all. This is totally unfair,! I want him to pay for what he did to her whatever it was. I want to punch him straight on the nose and beat the crap out of him. But how? If they look like inseparable?

"Wait Kris, is this the..." She stopped him and hold his wrist.

"Yes Ambs." Ambs? Where that come from?

"How did you..."

"I searched for it"

"Kris! Its the best gift ever!" He hugged him. That made my heart sank. Its just a plain bracelet. What's so special about it? "Does it means, you and I... We are.." No! No! Are they?... "Friends again?" I think my heartbeat stopped for a split second before she continued. And I sigh in relief after hearing they are just friends. Like us.

I can see in his face that he is a bit disappointed. I can sense that he wants something more. But he just smiled and nodded as a confirmation. "Yes Amber. Forever." And he showed the bracelet again. That's when I read the word ‘forever’ engraved on it. And she hugged her again and began to cry.

Is he really just a friend to you? Why are you so vulnerable just because of him?

"Don't ever do that again! Or I will not forgive you and I will haunt you down! Do you understand?!"

"Yes I won't ever leave you again, neither push you away."

Its like I am watching a live drama between this two. Can't they see I'm suffering? - Or maybe not.

He kissed her forehead. Leaving her blushing like a tomato. 

"Alright yo! Amber, come, I'll help you get ready for the party." Yewon pulled her.

Such a savior! I thought. "Excuse me guys, we need to change our clothes now." She said. But before she left. She tapped my shoulder, like giving sympathy to me. ‘ thank you Yewon
I mentally said while she's walking out with Josephine leaving me alone with my RIVAL.

 

 

Kris PoV

 

She left with her friend. I don't even know why I kissed her forehead. We are very close but since adolescence, I tried to avoid skin contact like that because it doesn't feel the same as we were just kids anymore.

Then I wondered, her dress, its her everyday dress? I mean, she already look stunning in that outfit, but its still not her party dress?

"Hi. I'm Henry." Someone said, breaking the silence. I totally forgot that he is here.

"Kris." I shortly said ignoring his handshake. Making him look offended.

"Look. I don't know why you call her Ambs or Amber, but I'll tell you. I'll not let Josephine go specially with someone like you." He said with confidence.

I grin. "You don't know why? Then let me tell you why. ONLY HER CLOSEST FRIENDS CALL HER AMBER. And I'm certain, you're not one of them."

 

Oh are you pissed now? Haha

 

"Good to hear that. Because I'm not planning to be JUST HER FRIEND. And I'm also certain that you ARE JUST ONE OF THEM." he retorted back with a grin of his own.

Now I'm the one who is pissed.

"Oh really? Well see about that." I said

"Then, let the best man win" he said. Again, with so much confidence that made me coward. Of course I won't let him see that.

And we sealed it with a handshake.

After awhile, the hall filled with guests and Yewon came back saying we look close now. If only she knew. Tsk. Tsk.

She left us quickly, and Henry excused himself to mingle with other guests. While I'm just here, standing like a wall flower. Until a couple came up to the stage with a guy probably their son, and welcomed the celebrant.

My jaw literally dropped when I saw her walking down the stairs. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

 

​​​

Henry and I found each other's gaze and exchange looks, that only we can understand.

"Please welcome, my only daughter, Josephine Cabrera.!" The woman said. 

And its the signal that, the competition has officially started.

••••••••
A/n: longer chapter guys!
I am really in love with Amber in long hair and gown. Who's with me?

I think,this is slowly becoming a photo book already.

😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫