Friends

Forever Love

Josephine's POV

The day came, the day I'll do my share of our bargain. He told his parents over breakfast that we will go out for 'some bonding time'. They agreed fast which is a little bit suspicious.


 Then had their usual conversation...
They laugh here and there, the madam patting his head in a caring way, giving him some advice at some moments, playfully hit his arm when he throw even the lamest joke and it irks me to the max that I need to excuse my self just to vomit. Okay, I didn't do that, but almost.

Its really irritating to see the madam laugh genuinely and be a little childish sometimes as compared to having a straight face all the time. Not to mention with straight posture in OVERLY straight clothes while bossily order her straight rules. 

Its like she is a totally different person now. I hardly even recognize this family anymore. Why I just notice this? That whenever Hae is around, she changes 360°. She turned from a socialite to a very loving mother.

 

Pheeeew! I want to puke really.

 

I didn't even know that I can put the words loving and mother in the same sentence to describe her.

 

"Josephine? Are you done? You should get ready now" she said to me smiling

 

FAKE.

 

"Alright, thanks for the food" I said standing up, walking as fast as I could to get away from the 'sight' in an instant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went shopping with our driver/ bodyguard following us.

Harold made me try so many dresses that I had the urge to tell him : 'why not wear these yourself!'


Well, to get back on him, I made him buy almost everything I see. Even if I don't like it. Just so he will carry all the boxes and shopping bags. Okay I kinda feel bad for our bodyguard though, cause he carried it all at first but since he cannot carry it all... The excess were carried by Harold. And at that time, I can't stop pointing my fingers on anything... EVERYWHERE.

 

"Geeze, Sephie... When did you become a shoppaholic?!" He said

 

"Just now. I never knew that shopping could be this.... Enjoyable" I smile mockingly at him.


"Can we at least bring this to our car first before we eat?"


"Okaaay.... But wait! I want that! that and that one also oh my! I like that one too!"


"Josephine" he said slouching... Maybe he now get what I'm trying to do.


"Why? You're the one who wants this right? I'm just giving you what you want... Sibling's bonding time"


He sighed then bought all the dresses that I asked. After he paid for it, he walked fast leaving me with our bodyguard behind. I took some of the shopping bags from him. At first he won't let me, but what can he do? I'm stubborn right.


"I'm sorry if I made you carry these" I apologize


But before we left the department store, I saw a matching bracelet with the word 'Forever' engraved on it. Its not fancy at all, its just made out of woven strands and a small piece of wood.
The first one that comes in my mind when I saw those are my friendship with Kris, and her love for her mother. 


"Finally, you found something that you really like?" It wasn't a question, it was a statement


"How did you..."


"Amber, I've known you for so long, longer than you can remember, but I know your 'Hae' more than that... And I can see, he is really trying,   can't you give him a chance?" He asked

 

Suddenly I felt guilt.

 

He patted my shoulder


"How bout, I buy these for you?"


"No need Mr. Alvarez, its totally fine"


"Hahaha now you are being too formal, where does little amber of 'popsie' goes?" He asked.


Yes, I call him that. He was actually Harold's personal Butler. He was also at the city looking after him, and treats him like his own son
I was also close to him that's why I call him 'popsie'.

Without uttering any words, he bought the bracelets

"Just consider this as my gift for you" he said then I followed him to the parking lot.

I gave back the shopping bags to him before we reach the car.

 

I can see Harold inside the car looking at his ... Wallet?

 

Did I emptied it? Haha


But then I don't know if my eyes are fooling me cuz I can see that there is really a sole tear in his eye attempting to escape or it was just the lighting in here?.


'Did I really get too over the top?, that I made him cry?'


Popsie knocked on the window.


And I was right! He is really crying! As he hurriedly wiped his eyes and hide his wallet onto his pocket

"Let's eat?" He said

"Yeah" I said in a boring tone.

Maybe I should not be so hard on Hae today.

I realized I'm outside the Cabrera's , I'm not supposed to be Josephine. So maybe I can give Harold a break from my wrath. I'll get back to him later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harold's Pov

Josephine is getting out of hand already. She's being so stubborn when she's with me. She's being a rebel, I know. But when she's with my parents, she's acting so refined and such a good child. I thought, when we go out, we can bond just like before. But no. I know what's she's trying to do, she's punishing me. And I think she knows something . But not the whole truth. And I don't have any plans of letting her know. I don't want to hurt her than she already is.

I'm not sure of what are the information she already know and how she got those, But I don't want to confront her. She's still a child. She doesn't deserve this.

 


After I left them because I really can't it take anymore. I might yelled at her and I can't let that happen, again.

 

I pulled out my wallet and look at the photo in it. It was baby Josephine. 

 

"Baby I'm sorry..." I mumbled


I took out the photo behind it. It was a black and white photo of 'her'. Even with the absence of colors, I can still see her amber eyes radiating, like it was just yesterday when I last saw it.

I can't help but remember our happy times together. And how I ruined it. I took a deep breath and looked up.

"I'll make it right for you and for Sephie, I promise" I said in my thoughts while looking at the photo once more.

I was startled when I hear a knock and it was my butler. I hurriedly hid my wallet with the photo inside my pocket.

~end of Pov~

~~~~~

 

 

After they ate, which was unexpectedly went well, he asked her to go to her favorite amusement park. With a glow in her eyes, she said yes.

After all the drama that happened between the two of them, this, he could say, was the happiest moment since he came back.

With Josephine, running around and trying different rides. Even her whining when she knew that she can't ride the roller coaster, was cute for him. And her smile... She smiled at him when he wiped the ice cream smudges on . Yes she smiled and even chuckled after. He wished that this would last forever.

But it was almost night time when they came back to the Cabrera's.
He poke her a little.

 

"Josephine, we are here." He said

 

"Ohw."

 

They went out of the car and their maids open the door for her.


"Happy Birthday Josephine!"she was startled when all of the Cabrera's employees gather inside their hall.


"Oh my gosh! Thank you!"


She was beyond happy to see them again specially her mothers and fathers from the ranch where she always play before.

 

 

They sang the happy birthday song for  her and they give her a big cake with eight candles on it.

 

"Honey make a wish" the Don said

 

'I wish to be love and be loved forever' she said in her thoughts before she blew the candles.

 

Everybody clapped.

 

"Thank you everyone! I totally forgot that it is my birthday. I don't even know what date it is today" they laugh at her remark.


It was true, she don't bother to look at the calendar anymore, all she do is to count days and wait to sneak out again.

 

"It is all your brother's idea." The Don whispered

 

Her eyes grew big and look around to find Harold but he is nowhere to be found.

 

"I think, he is fetching his gift for you"

 

"But he already bought me a lot of gifts"

 

He just smile in response.


Everyone started to give her their simple gifts which she appreciates a lot. This is indeed her best birthday up-to-date.

She can't help but be thankful to Harold that he thought of making her celebration this simple. As compared to having a big party with a lot of ladies in their glamorous gowns and men in their suit, all over their hall. She don't even know those people. That's one of the reasons why she's really not looking forward for her birthday. But this.... This is something memorable.


The madam and Don finally gave their gifts for her, with their messages and wishes for her. And just as she thought, it was all done, the Don spoke again.

 

 

"Okay, for my son's gift for our little princess here, may we call on Harold for his message"

 

He walked on the center and took the mic from his father. She's confused cause' he doesn't have anything with him. She thought maybe his gift was really the 'shopping spree' a while ago

 

"To our lovely princess...You are growing up so fast. I'm sorry if I am not with you when you are growing up. Now that I'm here, I will do my best to make it up to you. I love you so much Josephine" he said.


Everyone was tearing up, and if you don't know that he is just her brother, you can really say that he is a father that haven't seen her daughter for so long.

 

"So. Without further ado, here is my gift for you princess. I hope you like this"

 

She scrunch her brows when Harold didn't give her anything. Until everyone step aside and make way for the 'gift'.

 

She got teary eyed when she finally took a glance of it.

 

"Yewon!"

 

She said running while tearing up. She totally forget how to act as a lady when she is on the mansion.

 

"I miss you so much amber"she whispered when they finally hugged each other

 

"don't leave me again please"she cried


They walk hand in hand to the center of the hall while everybody clapped to the best friend's reunion.

 

" do you love my gift for you princess?" Harold asked her

 

She didn't answer but hugged Harold instead and say:


"Thank you ! Thank you so much Hae"


'Now, my birthday is complete... The only ones that are missing are Kris and Mama'

 

~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: next chap, We will be having a time skip! They will grow up... FINALLY!