9th: Tired

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'There's no need to hide, Just let me love you when your heart is tired'

On the next day, Hyungwon came to visit Hayoung on the hospital. He wanted to fulfill his promise to help her to gain her memories again.

As soon as he reached the room, Hayoung’s classmates were inside. They were waiting for her best friend to wake up from her sleep. Hyungwon cleared his throat and decided to walk closer to them.

“Hi, guys,” he started with friendly greetings.

“Oh, hello Hyungwon sunbaenim,” it was Changkyun who suddenly turned around and notice him first. And then Yerin was following her friend to bowing at their senior.

“She just fell into sleep less than 30 minutes ago,” Yerin said.

“Oh, okay,” Hyungwon said as he was staring at Hayoung, who was sleeping soundly on her bed.

“Doctor had told us everything,” Yerin said again while following the latter gaze.

“I hope you guys can help Hayoung too,” Hyungwon suddenly said. “You two were her best friends, right?”

Changkyun and Yerin were staring at each other before one of them decides to speak up.

“She really likes you, sunbae,” this time Changkyun started the conversation. “She got her eyes on you ever since the day you move to our school. She told us that you really remind her with her first love – The guy that had left her with unknowing reason.”

Hyungwon’s eyes widened, but he still didn’t let out a single word escaped from his mouth.

“As a best friend, we should face her childish whines every time she missed her chance to get close to you,” Changkyun suddenly smiled whenever he remembers how sulky Hayoung was at those times. “She really wishes to know you better while put a hope that you are really him. She just wanted a friendship purpose but it confused her every time you acted cold to her. And the most think that hurt her most is… She really didn’t know the reason behind it.”

“I’m sorry,” Hyungwon quickly said. “I’m sorry because I messed up things… It was all my faults.”

Hyungwon looked down to hide his sadness, but it was too late since they were already caught it.

“You are the one who can help her, sunbae,” this time, Yerin spoke up.  “We don’t need to worry because you’ll stay beside her, did you?”

Hyungwon looked up slowly to find Hayoung best friends were staring at him with high expectation expressed clearly on their faces.

“I’ll try my best,” he changed the previous frown with a thin smile on his face. “I don’t know that what I’ve done had hurt her like this. If I knew from the start, I’ll not let this happen,” Hyungwon swallowed hard.

“I know that you must be having a reason behind it. But you still have a chance to fix it, sunbae,” Changkyun gazed at the eldest.

Hyungwon heaved a deep sigh. “You are right, Changkyunie. God gives me the second chance, so I’ll not waste it,” he smiled reassuringly while patting the younger arm. “You can leave her with me. I’ll promise that I’ll take care of her.”

Changkyun and Yerin nodded. “Thank you, Hyungwon sunbae. We know that we can count on you.”

 

An hour had passed and Hayoung friends already went back to their home. Hyungwon was still stayed at the hospital and when he came out from the bathroom, his eyes immediately widened as he found Hayoung had woke up and she’s crying on her bed.

“Hayoung-ah, what happened?” he ran closer.

“It came again…” she said in the midst of her sob.

“W-what do you mean?” Hyungwon asked.

“The nightmare… It came again,”

Hyungwon startled but he tried to look calm. “You were dreaming, Hayoungie. It will never come to real life.”

“But still... It’s so scary though,” Hayoung shook her head. “It feels like he kept haunt me every time I shut my eyes,” the tears flew down from her eyes.

“Hayoung-ah, don’t cry...” Hyungwon immediately reached out his hand to wipe her tears.

“Don’t leave me again, Oppa. Please. I’m so scared,” Hayoung said in shaky voice.

“I’ll stay here, don’t worry,” Hyungwon nodded. “Just go to rest more. You should rest and eat well, so you can go home faster,” he patted her head softly as he tried to enlighten her mood.

***

 

Wonho just cameback from work and he decided to visit Hayoung on the hospital. The girl greets her with wide smile on her face when she sees him.

“Eomma told me that you are my kindhearted tutor. Is it right?” she asked right when Wonho walked closer to her bed.

He nodded. “How are you, Hayoung? Are you feel better now?” Wonho pulled over a chair to sit in front of her. He was checking her face and smiled weakly. He used to see that she has chubby cheeks, but now her cheeks were getting thin.

“I feel better and I can go home in 3 days,” she nodded in excitement. “And you know what? I can’t wait to go home because I can meet my oppa freely!”

“Oppa?” Wonho raised an eyebrow with her sudden remark. “Whose oppa? You didn’t have an elder brother though...”

Hayoung giggles. “I didn’t say that my oppa is a biological brother of mine. But, he already became a part of my life since he always stay beside me whenever I feel lonely. You know that I’m the one and only child in my family...”

Wonho gulped hard since he started to realize who the person that she kept talking about was.

“He has a pair of beautiful eyes. Nice shape of nose and lips. And he’s growing to be a handsome guy! What a relief!” Hayoung kept praising Hyungwon, til she missed the bitter smile on Wonho’s face.

‘You lost some of your memories, but you still remember the time you’ve spent with him from your past life... I could clearly see now how much he means for you...’ There was a tiny pang hit his heart, but compared to before, it was nothing. Wonho was happy that Hayoung finally get Hyungwon’s heart after she kept waiting for him during those years. It was maybe strange, but for him, her happiness was way more important.

***

 

Eunji finally heard about the agreement that Hayoung made with Hyunwoo. It made her angry and she quickly asked the guy to meet her at the backyard at their campus after the class ended.

She was being the first that arrived there. While waiting for Hyunwoo, Eunji took her phone and wanted to call Wonho to ask him to visit Hayoung together. But when the call was waiting to connect, Hyunwoo suddenly show up in front of her and it made Eunji immediately keep her phone inside her pocket pants.

“Hi, sweety. Long time no see. What makes you suddenly ask me to meet up here? Oh, did you suddenly missed me?” Hyunwoo reached out a hand to caress her cheek, but Eunji quickly yanked his hand away.

“Don’t you dare to touch me. It’s disgusting!” she yelled straight into his face.

“Ouch, you never changed. Still sassy...” Hyunwoo smirked. “But that’s my favorite thing from you.”

“Enough, Son Hyunwoo. I’m asking you to meet me here because there’s something I need to clarify from you. Is it right that you were the one that spread the rumor about my brother’s past? And you asked Hayoung to be your fake girlfriend in order to clear Hyungwon’s name? How cheap you were!” she spat.

“Your stepbrother started it all. If he didn’t come at me at that night and punch me in front of many people, I would not spread his dark past. He embarrassed me, so I should do the same to him,” he explained.

“He punched you?” Eunji raised an eyebrow.

Hyunwoo nodded. “Didn’t he tell you about that?”

“You deserved it,” she scoffed. “Didn’t you realize that you hurt me enough? So, it’s normal if he took a revenge for his lovely sister.”

“O...kay... So, it was my fault because I’ve made you suffering, huh?” he asked still with smirk on his face when he had a sudden idea. “Since Hayoung was hospitalized and she cannot fullfiled our agreement... How if you are the one that substitute her position?”

“Why should I? You should feel ashamed because what you’ve did to us was so dirty, Son Hyunwoo. You’re such a loser!” Eunji said back sarcastically.

“I don’t care. Just say yes and I’ll fulfilled my promise to clean up your stepbrother’s name,” Hyunwoo was walking closer and staring at her from head to toe. “... And to think about it. I guess I still have a feeling for you.”

“Bull,” she cursed.

He chuckled. “I’m getting insane because of you, Jung Eunji. Didn’t you feel the same? You ever said that I’m your first love, so it will be good if we start all over again...”

Hyunwoo places his hand on her shoulder and once again, Eunji was about to yanked it away but she cannot do it since the guy was stronger. “Let me go. You’re freaking insane, Son Hyunwoo!”

Instead of releasing his tight grip, Hyunwoo was glaring at her with devil stares.

“What do you want? Let me—“ before Eunji could finish her words, the guy roughly pulling her to the side. She wanted to scream for help, but Hyunwoo’s hand immediately covered . He pulled her against the big tree. Fear welled up in her heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter