10th: Superficial

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'This superficial love thing got me going crazy'

Hyungwon smiled when he visited Hayoung and found she already left the hospital.

“Are you excited for coming back to school?” he asked.

Hayoung nodded in amazement. “I can’t wait to meet my friends especially Changkyun and Yerin. They should tell me a lot about my school and reminds me again how to dance well.”

“Yes, you’re a great dancer, Hayoung. You should remember it soon,” Hyungwon was ruffling the younger hair and it was enough to make her cheeks flushed in pink. “Anyway, where’s your parents? I didn’t see them when I came into your house.”

“They went to work already. They’re very busy tho,” Hayoung pouted. “But, you're here with me. So I don’t need to be lonely anymore.”

She looked up to see the taller face and Hyungwon smiles at her. “Don’t worry. I’ll spend my time here with you again just like before,” he said while started to gaze around the house.

The Oh’s mansion was never really changed. Still big and neat just like 12 years ago. Hyungwon smiles when he remembers how he used to spent his childhood there, playing with Hayoung. But the smile suddenly vanished when the slight of memory Mrs. Oh told him how low his grade was, greets his mind.

“Hyungwon oppa,”

Hayoung’s voice suddenly made him snapped out. “Yes?” he turned his gaze at her.

“My mother once tells me that I should study hard since she wants me to go to England next year. Do you think I can do it? I mean, did I that smart?” she hesitantly asked.

Hyungwon curled a small smile on his face before nodded his head. “You’re one of the smartest students in our school. I’m sure you can achieve your mother’s dream.”

“But If I go to UK, it means that we cannot see each other for such a long time,” her facial expression suddenly changed.

Hyungwon grabbed her shoulders and gazed at her. “Listen to me, Hayoung. I know it might be burdened you because you’ve just lost some of your memories but you should know that you’ll go study abroad soon. But, you don’t need to worry because I’ll wait till you come back home.”

“Really? You will wait for me, Oppa?” Hayoung stares at him with full of hope.

Hyungwon nodded. “I promised you,” he ended with a soft peck on her forehead. ‘I won’t leave you again, Hayoung. That’s my promise.’

***

 

Jung Eunji had known as the heir of Jung’s company. Everyone knows how wealth her family is. So, it makes sense when his father gives her a new house, that she refers as ‘her salaries’ after she’s always spent her free times to work at her father’ company. And today, she held a party in her new house that inviting her friends and some of Hyungwon’ close friends. 

Eunji immediately greet her guests when she saw Wonho, Minhyuk and Kihyun came. She was walking to the main door carefully as she didn’t want to slip on her own feet with the high heels that she wore.

Wonho that was already seeing her coming from upstairs, notice how difficult it was for her to walk with the heels. He was about to offering his hand for her, but Minhyuk was faster than him.

“Eunji-ya, let me help you,” he reached out his hand and Eunji immediately hold his hand as she made the last step on the stair.

“Omo, Eunji. Is it really you?” Kihyun gasped in amazement as he saw her presence in front of him.

“Y-yes, it’s me. What? Is there something wrong on my face?” Eunji cupped her cheeks with her palms.

“You are beautiful, Ji,”

She turned around when she heard Minhyuk spoke out. It caused her cheeks reddened.

Wonho cleared his throat before spoke out. “Congratulations for your new house, Ji.”

“Ah, thank you for coming, guys. Let’s go inside and join the others,” she quickly got to her sense as she signaled them to follow her.

 

“You can stop staring now,” Eunji said while glance at Minhyuk, who had his elbow propped up on the table and chin on his palm, when they settled themselves in front of the bar.

“How can I stop staring when there’s a Goddess sitting in front of me,” Minhyuk cooed dreamily, placing his cheek on the palm and tilted his head, so he could stare at her more.

“Stop being cheesy!” Kihyun smacked the back of his head, while Wonho shook his head.

“I never knew that being a real girl must be this hard,” Eunji whined as she felt uncomfortable with the feminine dress that revealing her shoulders.

When she was about to throw another whines, something unexpected happened. Something warm was placed on her bare shoulders.

She looked up only to meet Wonho’s eyes. He gave his blazer to her. “Keep it with you. It’s cold here,” he said while moving his hands from her shoulder. Minhyuk and Kihyun look at each other with unreadable expression.

There was a pregnant silence created right when Wonho came back to his seat. To break the awkwardness, Minhyuk got up from his seat and walk closer to Eunji.

“May I dance with you, Eunji?” he raised a hand toward her.

“B-but I can’t dance,” Eunji said.

 “It’s an honor if you wanted to dance with me, Ms. Jung,” Minhyuk was still waiting her to reach his hand.

“It’s impolite to refuse the offer, Ji,” Kihyun giggles.

“O-okay, then. Don’t get mad if I accidentally step on your foot,” she finally grab Minhyuk’s hand once again, before let him took her to the main room for dancing.

They weave through dancing people, before they reach the empty spot.

“So, tell me about your ideal type, Eunji?” Minhyuk suddenly asked when both of them started to do couple dance.

“My ideal type? Um… I don’t really have a specific type. But I guess…” Eunji held her words as she steals a glance to Wonho’s direction. “I like a guy with single eyelids and a good shape of nose.”

She said while curling a thin smile on her face. She was way too immersing with Wonho’s charm till she didn’t realize Minhyuk was secretly following her gaze. He formed a mischievous smile on his face when he caught it.

“I see…” he said. “It’s easy to find a guy like you’ve mentioned, Ji. Do you have the candidate already?”

“Huh?” Eunji startled with his sudden question and she immediately shook her head. “N-no. I didn’t find him yet.”

“Hmm… I don’t think you should find him because there’s someone that matched your ideal type already,” Minhyuk raised an eyebrow.

“W-what do you mean?”

“Well, I’m talking about Wonho. I know that you two are so close, and I guess it will be cute if both of you are going into a date,” Minhyuk blurted out.

“You must be kidding me,” Eunji fake a laugh while quickly looked down to hide her sudden blushing cheeks. “He put a heart on another girl already.”

“That girl didn’t love him back and soon or later he will forget her,” Minhyuk rolled his eyes. “Seriously, Ji. Why don’t you give a try to approach him first? I mean, you should make that stiff guy realize that there’s someone deserved his heart more?”

Eunji curled a thin smile on her face. “I don’t have any plan right now. Maybe I’m just gonna wait for him.”

“But, until when? You can’t wait for him forever,” Minhyuk shook his head in disbelief.

“Not sure about that, but we’ll see,” Eunji shrugged. “Eyy, you talked too much, Lee Minhyuk! Let’s dance!” she quickly changed the topic since she realized that a pain greets her heart whenever she realized that she still don’t have a chance to get Wonho’s heart.

 

As Eunji and Minhyuk left for dancing, Wonho and Kihyun were still sitting in front of the bar and enjoying the music that played a bit loud.

“Eunji is so lucky,” Kihyun opened the conversations. “Her father must be so rich till he could buy her daughter a private house.”

“She told me that she has been helped her father’s work since she was in high school and she never get salaries or bonus before. And I’ve heard that because of her, their company stocks were raised higher. So no wonder once she gets it, she got what she deserved,” Wonho said.

“She’s indeed smart, just like you. I guess you two could be a bad- genius couple if someday you decided to date her,” Kihyun suddenly blurted out.

Wonho chuckled by his friend sudden remark, but he quickly shook his head. “A girl like her won’t fall with an ordinary and poor guy like me.”

“Why not? I guess she have a heart on you. I can see from her gestures whenever she stays around you,” Kihyun said while glanced at the girl that started to walk back to their direction with Minhyuk.

“Don’t talk nonsense,” Wonho glared at his friend.

 

“Hey, guys,” Eunji suddenly interrupted their conversation as Wonho and Kihyun moved his gaze to face the owner of the voice.

“Why so fast? You didn’t enjoy dancing with Minhyuk, Ji?” Kihyun asked while asking Minhyuk to come closer to him.

“He’s a good dancer, but I can’t dance as well as him,” she flipped her long hair to the side.

“She’s too shy to dance with a handsome guy like me,” Minhyuk started to self-praising and he earns a ‘boo’ from Kihyun while Wonho only let out a chuckle.

“Want to dance with me, dude? People called me as dancing king,” Kihyun started to exaggerate.

“Really? Well, let’s prove it!” Minhyuk patted the younger shoulder.

“Come on!” Kihyun got up from his seat and following Minhyuk’s steps. Before went to the dance floor, he sent a meaningful wink to his friend. Wonho knew what it means, but he ignores it.

“They are so funny,” Eunji said while Minhyuk and Kihyun already left her alone with Wonho.

“Yeah, they are so loud,” he nodded slightly. “You’re not dancing again with others?”

“No. Dancing is my weakness. Minhyuk was trying too hard on me before,” she shook her head and it made Wonho’s lips curved upward. “What about you?”

“I can’t dance too,”

“Liar. Minhyuk told me that you’ve once joined a dance club in high school,”

Wonho chuckles, while Eunji secretly cursing under her breath. She couldn’t help for not praise his charm when he was laughing.

“Excuse me,” a man voice suddenly greeted them. “This is your order, ms. Jung,” he said as he served two glasses of wine and a bottle of liquor in front of the table.

“Thanks, Yoonie,” she said to the man before he left them. “Here you go. You should try it. My father said it’s the best wine that he ever tasted.”

“Um, I don’t drink that much,” Wonho refused. “I’m afraid to get drunk.”

“Just drink for tonight and forget all of your problems. I’ll make sure you won’t dare to create any ruckus here, Shin Wonho,” Eunji persuaded and he had no choice other than took the glass from her.

“Since you said so, I’ll get it,” he smiles while take the first shot.

Eunji smiles before started to speak again. “I’ve heard from Minhyuk, that you will take another side job besides working on his café and become Hayoung’s tutor. Is that true?”

Wonho heaved a sigh. “Yeah, it’s true.”

“But, you’ll not have time to rest. Wonho-ya, seriously. You should study at university and have 2 part time jobs every day, don’t you afraid that you will exhausted or something?” she asked, sounding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter