8th: Stay

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Hope the winds of change will change your mind' - 2017/5/19

 

Wonho got information that starting from that day; he will no longer give tutorial to Hayoung at Jung’s house. The girl was going back to her house since her mother already came back from the long trip. Actually, he really wishes to not see her. But since he still had a contract, he should face it without excuse.

He was waiting Hayoung at Oh’ mansion verandah since the maid tell him that she is not come back from school yet. To kill his boredom, Wonho decided to pull out his cell phone then he found an incoming message from Eunji.

 

Hey, wonrabbit. I’m so bored and needs friend to chat! You know what? I just refuse to accompany my father to a business meeting and he punishes me to washing his clothes! Such a rude father, isn’t he? KKKKKKK.

 

He couldn’t help for not giggling after reading the message. They’re just being friends naturally and they’re just getting along so well during this month. When Wonho wanted to reply the message, suddenly a luxury sport car arrived in front of the house gate. A tall and familiar guy came out from the car and Wonho’s eyes widened by his sudden appearance.

“S-Son Hyunwoo?” he murmured.

Wonho’s jaws dropped just when he caught Hayoung suddenly came out from the passenger seat.

“Thank you for today. See you again tomorrow, Hayoungie,” with a big grin on his face, Hyunwoo came inside his car again and bid his goodbye. Before he entered the luxury car, he turned his head to Wonho and showing off a winning smile at him. Hayoung was just standing with plain expression while letting the guy go from her sight. Meanwhile, Wonho still froze in disbelief in his previous place.

When Hayoung turned around, she was taken aback because she saw Wonho already staring at her with question look. She was signaling the oldest to follow her toward inside her house.

 

“Hayoung-ah, how could you—“

“—Went home with Hyunwoo sunbae?” she quickly cut his words just when they settles at the main room. She heaved a sigh before giving him the proper answer. “It’s just a part of our agreement.”

“Agreement?” Wonho raised one of his eyebrows.

Hayoung nodded. “Son Hyunwoo was the one to be responsible after what happened to Hyungwon oppa at our school. He spread the rumor about oppa' past and it made him was too embarassed to come back to school.”

“But, it doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice yourself,” Wonho scoffed.

“I just do what I’ve thought was right. And please don’t tell Eunji eonnie or anyone about this. I just need to pretend as Hyunwoo sunbae girlfriend for a week and he promised me that he won’t ever touch me,” Hayoung tried to convince.

In the other hands, Wonho secretly clenched his fist. A sudden anger greets him right when he heard Hayoung’s confession. He never knew that the girl was deeply in love with Chae Hyungwon til she does everything for him. And it somehow annoyed him.

“Wonho oppa, let’s start our lesson today, shall we? I didn’t want to see my mother gets angry with me more,” Hayoung pouted, acted cute since she could notice the eldest didn’t put his usual happy face.

Wonho was remained mute since his mind was busy to thinking about something. Hayoung noticed it. So, she decided to tapping her finger at his shoulder. It made him turn his attention back to her.

“Oppa-ya, what are you thinking about? I’ll be okay, I promised you,” she put her best smile.

“Okay, let’s start our lesson now,” Wonho tried to copy it though it failed to be same bright as hers.

***

 

On the next morning, Wonho decides to come to Jung’s residence. He feels worry yet angry after what Hayoung did just to protect the guy that she loved.

He stopped right when he arrived at the front of the gate and he saw Hyungwon was picking his suitcases to inside the car and Eunji was helping her younger brother. They seem a little bit struggle since the rain was falling so hard at that time. Suddenly Wonho heard that Eunji was mentioning about moving to Busan, and his anger suddenly raising when he notice that Hyungwon was the one who will move soon, in order to run away from his current trouble.

“Yah, you Chae Hyungwon! You’re such a coward!”

Without thinking twice, Wonho immediately barged into the house and run straight to Hyungwon before landed a fist into the taller face. It caused Hyungwon fell on the ground and Eunji’s scream.

Wonho saw that Hyungwon was about to get up to meet him, but he didn’t let it happen. Before the taller wanted to get up, Wonho beat him again.

Hyungwon doesn’t give up that easily. He used all of his strength to attack him and successfully give a jab to Wonho’s stomach. He went straightly to the top of him and let him realize that he could do boxing well.

In some seconds, Eunji was begging them to stop but it doesn’t strong enough to make them stop.

“Hyungwon-ah, please stop! Stop it!”

Hyungwon looked up to find her sister was trying to pull him from Wonho. And Wonho used the chance to punch him to make the position changed.

“Shin Wonho, stop it, will you? Why you’re suddenly making a mess here?!” Eunji yelled at him, but she only got a glare from the paler – it’s a signal for not coming closer or else he will hurt her brother more.

Eunji groaned as she was thinking so hard to find a way out to stop those two guys from fighting. Suddenly, she could see a car parked in front of the house and a familiar figure came out. It was Hayoung, she rushes into the scene and calling one of the name.

“Hyungwon oppa!” her voice greets his ears. He stares at her for some seconds, but still insists to dismount himself from Wonho. “What are you doing? Stop it.”

“Your lovely tutor just suddenly punches me and told me that I’m a coward. Looks like he knows something from you, huh?” he scoffed while erase the bloodstain on the tip of his lips.

“No, no, he didn’t know anything. It just a misunderstanding!—” Hayoung tried to explain but Hyungwon quickly cut her off.

“I don’t want to hear anything from you. Now, go away because I didn’t want to see you again!” he yelled and as if just in time, another punch from Wonho landed on his face, causing the taller directly fell to the ground.

“You son of a ! Don’t you dare to yell at her!” Wonho shouted as he walked closer to Hyungwon.

Hyungwon was smirking before he pulling his body immediately. “You better shut your mouth if you didn’t know anything!” he just woken up before replying Wonho’s punch with another jab to his stomach.

It was a bit hard till make Wonho lying on the floor as he could feel every part of his body was aching. Hyungwon was about to give another punch to him, but Hayoung suddenly held his arm.

In the other hands, Eunji hurriedly was helping Wonho to get up.

“Hyungwon oppa, please stop! Don’t fight again!” Hayoung said, sounds begging.

“Go away,” Hyungwon tried to pull out his arm from her, but she tightened her grip.

“I won’t!” she said, almost yelling.

“I said, go away!” he used all of his strength to yank her hand away and pushed her harshly.

Hyungwon didn’t realize that what he had done was making Hayoung losing her balance. Since the rain was still falling harder, the ground was slippery and it made her fall to the cold ground.

Eunji and Wonho startled when they see the younger head was hitting the ground and soon after, they could capturing blood falling from Hayoung’s forehead.

Wonho was quickly running to her and found the girl was losing her consciousness because of it.

“Hayoung-ah, wake up. Hayoung-ah!” Wonho screamed while shaking her body, but the girl still didn’t move at all. “Eunji-ya, come here quickly! Help me!”

Eunji was immediately approaching them as she kneels beside him and checking her condition. “She passed out. We should bring her to the hospital. Come on, we need to hurry!” she got up and signaling him to bring Hayoung to her car.

Wonho nodded and immediately place an arm under the back of her knees and the other under her back, hoisting her to his chest. He ran toward inside Eunji’s car.

As the car abruptly leaves the Jung’s house, Hyungwon was still freezing on his place. He could not even move his feet either his lips or he’s not even breathing. His eyes widened and his chest hurt. A hard pang greets his heart when he sees she was bleeding. It numbed him when he realized that it was because of him.

***

 

Less than an hour, Hayoung’s parents went to the ICU at the hospital near their neighborhood after they got a call from Eunji.

Mrs. Oh was crying in her husband hug since they arrived, while Eunji tried to soothe her.

“It was my fault. Hayoung must be in under pressure and stressed...” Mrs. Oh said in the midst of her sobs.

“It’s okay, dear. It’s okay. I’m sure she will be alright. Stop crying, okay?” Hayoung’s father said softly as he his wife hair before moving his attention to Wonho. “And you, Hayoung’s tutor. Are you okay? I think you need to take care of your bruises.”

Wonho shook his head. “I’m okay, Mr. Oh. I’ll take care of myself later. This time, Hayoung is my priority,” he said while glancing at Eunji.

Eunji just told them that Hayoung was suddenly tripped her feet when she wanted to save Wonho from fighting and accidentally hit her head.

Suddenly, the doctor came out from the ICU room. They immediately ran toward him for asking about Hayoung’s condition.

“She’s okay now. We’ve already treat the wounds and it will recover soon. But...”

“But what, doctor?” Mr. Oh asked with full of worries.

Doctor gulped hard before speak out. “... Because of the harsh impact that she got on her head after the incident... She probably lost some memories on her brain...” the doctor said.

“W-what?” Hayoung’s mother cupped in disbelief as she felt her feet was weak. Mr. Oh immediately held his wife to prevent her from falling.

“Can we see her inside now, doc?” Mr. Oh asked.

“Sure. She’s awakened already. But don’t pressure her to remembering something that she had forget. Give her time because it may be difficult to her. Just wait patiently.”

Hayoung’s parents nodded with doctor explanation. They thanked the doctor before they comes inside their daughter’ ward.

 

Eunji and Wonho was left alone outside since they wants to give Hayoung’s parents private time with their daughter.

When Eunji wanted to step out, Wonho suddenly stop her.

“Why did you lie? You must be wanted to protect your lovely brother, didn’t you?” he scoffed.

“You’ve known as a smart freshman but you have a dull side too,” Eunji smirked. “I’ve been lying for you and Hayoung’s sakes too. If Mrs. Oh found out the truth, you’ll absolutely lose your job as her daughter tutor and she will keep force Hayoung to fulfill her selfish will.”

Wonho blinked after hearing the girl’ remark. He was in a deep thinking yet he didn’t realized that Eunji suddenly throw something at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter