11th: Run

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'So run, run love, don't ever look back'

Eunji came back to her home and found Wonho was already waiting in front of her house. She asked him to come inside and the paler following her from behind.

“What makes you suddenly come here?” Eunji began to ask as they arrived at the 2nd floor living room. “Didn't you should be working at Minhyuk’s at these hours?” she asked as she glanced at her watch to find that it was 7 PM.

“I took the first shift,” he answered but Eunji still could find there’s something bothering him inside. “Um Eunji, about your friend that I’ve meet at your new house yesterday…” Wonho paused to glance at her.

“My friend? Did you mean, Bomi?”

“Yes… Can I meet her? There’s something I wanted to ask her,” he said, looking doubt.

“She’s back to Busan already,” Eunji stated and it created a frown on Wonho’s face. “Tell me what do you want to ask her? I mean, I’m her friend and you are a friend of mine too. It’s unfair to hide something from me.”

Wonho heaved a sigh. “It’s about the night during your party, Ji.”

Eunji was taken aback with his answer. “W-what’s wrong again with that night? I mean, didn't Jooheon and I already told you clearly that you’ve been drunk and accidentally slept on the couch so Jooheon brought you to one of my guest room? Didn't you trust me?”

“No, Eunji. I didn’t say that I don’t trust you or Jooheon. But—“ he paused once again to staring at her eyes. “I’ve just got a slight memory that after I went out from the restroom and was about to go back to my previous seat… I flopped on the couch and there was someone that sat on my lap and then… kissed me.”

“What?” Eunji choked on her words. “K-kissed you?”

Wonho nodded. “She kissed me and I could remember that I wanted to push her, but then I forgot what happened next. Maybe it was the side effect of the wines that I’ve drunk—“

“Yeah, I guessed it was the effect till make you suddenly got those delusions,” Eunji chuckled.

“I know that you’ll be laugh at me. But, seriously, Ji. It feels so real tho,” Wonho persuaded.

“Okay, if you really wish that it was true. Who do you think the stranger that kissed you? Song Hye-kyo? Ha Ji-won? Or…Oh Hayoung?”Eunji really wanted to throw a joke to him, but she didn’t expect that her straight-to-the point question could bring bitterness to her heart.

“Hayoung, I guess,” Wonho said while looking at the ceiling on Jung’s residence.

“It’s impossible. She just went home from hospital, and she didn’t attend my party,” she rolled her eyes, trying to hide the sudden pain from her heart.

“It will be more impossible if Song Hye-kyo or Ha Ji-won who did it, duh!” Wonho glares at her. “Pabo, Jung Eunji. You’ve tried to make fun of me, huh?” he ruffled her hair till it become messy.

“Yah, Shin Wonho!” Eunji groaned in protest, but he laughs louder.

“You were right. Maybe it was a part of my delusion because of the alcohol effect,” he said after he finished from laughing. “Just forget it then.”

He cracked a smile on his face while staring at her again. The smile was too strong till it created a thud on her heart. Eunji was out of guard when his gaze remained at her. She could bet that her cheeks were getting hot and it made her didn’t know how to react. To avoid the sudden awkward situation between them, Eunji suddenly shifting her seat closer to Wonho and placing her head on his lap and let her body laid on the couch.

“H-hey, what is this?” Wonho blinked his eyes for several times as he was surprised.

“Last time you borrow my shoulder to sleep. Now, it’s my turn to borrow your laps. I felt a little bit tired since I’ve worked at my father office from earlier this morning,” Eunji explained while start to shut her eyes. She just used the reason to hide her blushing cheeks from him.

“Oh, okay,” Wonho was fixing his seat so she could sleep well.

“Thank you,” she smiled playfully as she proud of herself. “My father usually let me slept on his lap like this when I was child.”

“So, do you want to say that I remind you of your father?” Wonho asked.

“Yes, you have an ahjussi aura,” she said and it made Wonho flicked her temple lightly. “Yah! It hurts! You better my hairthough,” she complained while rubbing the spot that had been flicked.

“What?” Wonho rounded his eyes. “ your hair? Like this?”

He raised his right hand before pats the girl’ head. But Wonho is being Wonho, the stiff guy, till it creates another protest from Eunji. “Aish, you seriously didn’t know how to treat a girl, huh?” she muttered uncomfortably.

When Wonho wanted to give an excuse, a loud bang suddenly heard from the first floor till made both of them suddenly jolted from the couch. Eunji quickly went downstairs and Wonho was following from behind.

Eunji gasped when she found his father was standing face to face with her stepmother, and she could bet that the woman face was red in anger way.

“So, you secretly has a special relationship with your secretary and you were cheating behind my back?!” Mrs. Chae yelled at her husband. “How could you do to this to me?”

“Hyerim-ah, I can explain—“

“Stay away!” Mrs. Chae stepped back when Mr. Jung tried to hold her hands. “I don’t want to hear any explanations from you. It’s all clear now!” she shut her eyes to prevent the tears slipped out.

Eunji that stood about 15 meters from the scene didn’t know how to react with that sudden situation. She thought that her parent’s relationship was always good during their 10 years marriage. But, something wrong suddenly happened that day.

“I’ll make sure that you will pay it!” Mrs. Chae’s gaze came back to her husband, before she was leaving the house harshly.

Mr. Jung stunned as he watched her go, so did Eunji. Wonho that previously stood behind his friend suddenly approached her. “Go and catch her,” he said while patting her shoulder.

“W-what?” Eunji blinked in confusion.

“Catch her. She needs you, Ji. Come on,”

“O-okay,” she obeyed Wonho’s order and leaving her father alone at their home.

 

Eunji and Wonho succeed to run after Mrs. Chae. Eunji asked her to stay at her new house since the elder didn’t have a proper place to stay in Seoul. At first, Mrs. Chae refuses the offer since she knows that the house was bought by Mr. Jung. But Eunji told her that it wasn’t a gift since she had worked with her father and she helped their office a lot. And finally, Hyungwon’s mother agrees to follow the younger while she’s searching for new house to live.

***

 

Some hours later.

“Where’s Mrs. Chae, Ji? Did she already sleep?” Wonho asked when Eunji came out from the guest room. He accompanied Eunji to bring her stepmother to her new house and he keeps waiting for her outside while she soothes the elder. 

“Yes, she did,” Eunji said while walking slowly at his direction.

Wonho noticed that she was just sweeping her tears away.

“What happened, Ji? Why are you crying?” Wonho asked while he quickly got up from his seat and approach her.

Eunji shook her head, trying to control her tears for not falling again. She didn’t like to look weak in front of other people.

Wonho started to rub the back of her. It caused the girl startled with the sudden skinship that he made.

“Omoni…” she started to speak. “… She wants to divorce from my father.”

Wonho’s eyes widened when he heard it. “W-what?”

“Tomorrow, she will contact our family lawyer to take care of it. She said that she didn’t trust my father anymore—“ Eunji couldn’t help for not letting the tears slipped from her eyes.

“Ji…” Wonho raised a hand hesitantly as he wanted to soothe her. After battling with his minds, he grabs her arm and was about to pulled her inside his hug. But he stopped, when someone suddenly opened the door of the house.

“Noona,” it was Hyungwon – who interrupted the scene. He just came into the house and found Eunji was sobbing. “What happened with mom and abeoji? Are they in a fight?” the younger came closer to her sister and it made Wonho releases his hands from the girl’s arms.

Eunji nodded her head, but she could not control her tears for not falling harder. Hyungwon frowned as he didn’t know anything.

“Your mother wants to divorce from her father,” Wonho spoke out, till made Hyungwon’s jaw dropped.

“B-but, why?” he stuttered, being too shocked with the sudden news.

“She caught Appa has an affair with his secretary. So, Omoni went furious and asking for a divorcement,” Eunji said in the midst of her sobs.

“Noona…” Hyungwon suddenly pulled his stepsister into his embrace and let her sobs inside his hug.

“I hate my appa. He promised omoni that he would not break their wedding vow. But now, what did he do?!” Eunji yelled in the midst of her sobs and it made Hyungwon pulled her inside his hug deeper.

“I knew that you must be so disappointed. But, let’s talk about this problem together in a family meeting. I am sure that your father didn’t want it happen to his marriage, so did my mother,”

“I don't want to be apart from you, Hyungie…” Eunji said while shifting inside her stepbrother hug.

“It won’t happened, noona. You don’t need to worry,” Hyungwon rubbed the back of her softly. “I’ve ever made a promise that I will never leave you alone, do you remember?”

Eunji nodded inside his secure hug.

“I won’t break that promise, noona,” Hyungwon said softly but it was audible enough to be heard by Wonho that still stood in his previous position. He didn’t move nor reacted and just watching another sweet-scenes between the stepsibling in front of his eyes.

***

 

Today is the day for the interview test for Cambridge University that Hayoung needs to join. She was sitting alone at the lobby, waiting until the commission calling out her name.  While waiting, she was busying herself reading the text books on her hands. And suddenly, her phone is beeping, signaling a new text message was coming.

Hayoung took out her phone and found there was a message from Hyungwon.

Hayoung-ah, good luck for the test today. Remember, it’s an interview not a dance competition! Be serious, okay? :-) Call me right after the test ended.

She cracked a smile right after she read it and she quickly made a reply so he didn’t need to wait too long.

Thank you Oppa. I’ll treat you lunch today. Wait for me. ^^

After send the message, Hayoung shove the phone to inside her bag and was about to reading her book again. But suddenly, she could sense someone sit next to her. She turned around to found the person that looks familiar to her.

“Ah, Changkyun-ah?” her eyes widened as she didn’t predict that she will meet him at those place.

“Hi, Hayoungie,” he said while put a wide smile on his face.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“What am I doing here? Of course I’ll take the interview test just like you did,” Changkyun gave an answer without loosening the smile on his face.

“R-really?” Hayoung cupped . “Woah, so we can go to Cambridge together?!”

Changkyun nodded in amazement. “Yes. Who knows that the two of us can make a new dance group at England later.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter