4th: Heartbeat

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'It's like a song that no one hears'

Hyungwon startled as he found Hayoung’s sudden presence on the next day. The girl was already standing in front of his room door with a wide smile on her face.

“Good morning!” she greets cheerfully.

“M-morning,” he stuttered since he notice that he just wake up with bare face and she caught it.

“Thank you for yesterday. I owe you, oppa,” she said without loosening the smile on her face.

“Are you feeling better today?” Hyungwon didn’t know why he end up asking her the cliche question and he regretted it when he caught the smile on her face grows wider.

“Yes, I am. And it’s all because of your help. Thank you so much,” Hyungwon could bet that he could see her cheeks flushed.

“No problem. I’ll go to shower and could you wait outside?” he was about to turn around but the girl immediately stop him.

“Oppa, wait,” she said and it eventually made Hyungwon stop. He sees the girl was showing 2 tickets in front of him. “This is the ticket to the dancing competition that me and my friends had joined. I really wish that you will come and watch me.”

“Dance competition?” Hyungwon furrowed his eyebrows.

Hayoung nodded. “I have a dream to be a professional dancer and I guess this is my first step to reach it. Eunji eonnie agreed to come along too.”

“But, I don’t think I can—“

“Oppa, please... It’s an honor for me if you can come and support me,” she begged with pleading eyes and Hyungwon hates it because it’s making him weaker.

He had no choice. Without a word, he took the ticket from her hand and another bright smile created on her face again.

“Thank you. Thank you very much, oppa. You’re so kind,”

Hyungwon snapped out when the girl suddenly grabbed his hand for handshake, but he quickly back to his sense. He pulled his hand immediately from her. “Okay, okay. Now, can you go away? I need to go shower or we’ll be late for school.”

Hyungwon tried to sound stern again but it doesn’t make the bright smile on Hayoung’s face gone, instead it’s getting wider. “Okay oppa. I’ll see you soon. Bye.”

With that, the girl excused herself and Hyungwon closed the door of his room. He cursed himself for being so weak but he couldn’t help for cracking a small smile on his face when he caught how happy she was.

“Chae Hyungwon, you can’t fall for that,” he quickly remained himself as he shook his head.

***

 

“Wew, what happened to your face, dude?” Minhyuk gasped when he find his worker came into his office room with bruises on his face.

“Just got a minor accident,” Wonho shrugged while goes straight to his locker room.

“It still 10 in the morning. Didn’t you should be study in campus?” Minhyuk was following the latter inside.

“I skip classes today. I don’t want the entire college seeing my miserable face,” Wonho answered and it earns a faint chuckle from his friend.

“Seems like you face a serious trouble, dude. I bet it’s because of a girl, huh?” being a nosy person, Minhyuk shot him with another questions.

Wonho took a deep breath when he stopped in front of his locker then staring at his friend. “It’s just a misunderstanding. You know that I don’t have time to involve myself into love storyline.”

“Oh come on man! You should grow up. You mature enough to have a girlfriend!” this time, Minhyuk patted the back of the taller, causing him flinched. “And guess what? I found you looks more attractive without the reading glasses.”

The younger was suddenly staring at Wonho’s face deeply and it made him uncomfortable. “Yah, yah! Don’t look at me like that. I’m straight!” he slapped his friend arm while throwing his face away.

“I still love girls too, for God’s sake,” Minhyuk scoffed. “But seriously, I think you didn’t need to fix your reading glasses again and start to use contact lenses like this. I’m sure many girls will see your real charisma and they will look for you more!”

“There’s no girls who likes to date a poor guy like me,” Wonho scoffed.

“Aish, don’t look down, dude. Paid more attention to your style. Go straight to the beauty salon and let them remakes your hair style. I bet you will get a heart attack when you sees yourself after,” Minhyuk tried to convince his friend.

Wonho shook his head. “Thank you for the advice but I won’t waste my money for it. I need to pay monthly salary for my little sister’s school. I need to fix my reading glass and it isn’t cheap.”

“Geez,” Minhyuk rubbed his temple while turning around to go back to his room till he didn't see the bitter smile on his friend face.

***

 

“You should call me right after the class ended, okay?”

“Okay, noona.”

“Promise me you’ll not skip your meals. You’re too skinny already!”

“Sure, noona.”

“If there’s someone prank you around, just tell me and I’ll be here soon to kill them.”

Hyungwon rolled his eyes. “Noona, I’m not an elementary student anymore, you know.”

Instead of answering his whining, Eunji pulled her stepbrother into her chest and hug him. “My Hyungwonie is so tall!” she smiles. “Be a good boy always, Hyungwon-ah. Noona loves you.”

Hyungwon nodded before the petite girl let go of her hug.

“Bye, Hayoung-ah. Please take care of my brother,” Eunji moves her gaze to the taller girl.

“I will eonnie. Don’t worry,” Hayoung was flashing a smile to the eldest, before glancing at Hyungwon that stood next to her.

“Bye, noona,” they bid their goodbye.

 

As he could see his stepsister car had gone from the school yard, Hyungwon turned around and was about to walk to his classroom. But he could hear Hayoung calls his name. He heaved a sigh before found out the girl was already walking next to him.

“Your sister was really having a big concern to you. That’s so sweet,” she opened the conversation.

“It’s because of Mr. Seo absence, so she drove us,” Hyungwon shook his head. “She stills treat me like her little brother.”

“But still, I envy you though. I always wanted to have a sibling, but you know I don’t,” she shrugged.

Hyungwon didn’t give any reaction as he keep walking through the school hall with her.

“I wonder you must be so cute when you were young,” she suddenly murmured but its audible enough to be heard by him.

Hyungwon cleared his throat. “I think I need to go to washroom. You can go to the class building first,” he immediately avoids another conversations while goes to the restroom quickly.

“Okay. See you again, oppa,” she said while waving her hand. She couldn’t hide her happiness because she thought that she slowly could develop a good relationship with him.

***

 

Jung Eunji was surely putting a wide smile on her face ever since she came to the campus today. It’s so rare for her college mates to see that thing, so they find it weird. As she settles herself in her seat, her eyes didn’t left from the door of the class. She was waiting for someone to come, yet the person hasn’t show up.

The smile on her face quickly faded when she found it was late already and her tutor is coming to the class, but the person still didn’t come.

She watched the seat that located on the second row from her desk and let out a deep sigh.

‘He must be absence today.’

Once again, she took a deep breath before looked away – Tried to focus on the lesson that the tutor gave to the class.

***

 

“Wonho oppa? What happened?” Hayoung’s eye automatically rounded bigger when she caught some bruises on her tutor's face.

Wonho has a tutorial schedule today and since Hayoung’s mother paid him already, he has no choice but come to teach her even though his face was still swollen.

“Are you sure that you’ve got it all just because you fell on the floor?” she asked while scrutinizing the wounds on his face.

“Y-yeah, I was too sleepy till I tripped on my feet,” he lied.

“Stay here. I’ll be back,” the girl suddenly got up from her seat before she headed to cabinet near the kitchen. Wonho was following her movement and the girl already brought a medicine kit on her hands. “I got it from my grandmother,” she said while showing a bottle of traditional ointment. “It’s the best ointment to cure your wounds faster.”

“You don’t need to, Hayoung. I treat the wounds at home already—,“ before Wonho could refuse it, the girl already sit next to him.

“It’s going to be hurt a bit,” she suddenly cupped his face with her palms and it bring strange thuds inside Wonho’s heart.

“Ouch!” Wonho couldn’t help but yelped in pain when she put the ointment onto his wound. It sting till made him try to pull his face away.

“Stay still. You’re a man, oppa,” she hissed but in a playful tone while keep cupping his face. It made him could clearly see her face from such a close distance.

Wonho stunned by seeing the bright of her eyes that was directly captured in his line of sight. He tried to look away, but it was way too damn tempting. He was too busy to adore her perfect lips, till he didn’t feel the pain again with the contact between the cream and his bruise.

Wonho was already too immersed with her beauty.

“It’s done,” she suddenly said as she pulled her face away.

Wonho blinked some seconds before coming back to his sense. “T-thank you,” he murmured while looking down to hide his blushing cheeks.

Hayoung smiles but her gaze didn’t left from him. “You know what, oppa? I just realize that you look more good looking without your reading glasses though.”

Wonho lifted up his chin by her remarks then she caught the smile on her face grew wider.

“You’ll look better if you dyed your hair with brown color. Soft brown will be the best,” she said, ignoring the question look from the eldest. “Keep your reading glasses in your case already and use contact lenses as well. I bet many girls will beg for your love soon!”

Wonho surely remembers that his friend, Minhyuk told him the same thing. But it sounds so different when he heard the girl say it to him.

***

 

2 hours later, Hayoung just finished her private tutorial and she found out Eunji had just come back home.

“Hello, eonnie,” she greets the eldest while packing her medicine box back to its place.

Eunji noticed it so she initiates to ask. “Did you get an injury, dear?” she pointing at the medicine that she just put back inside the cabinets.

“Oh, I’m not, eonnie,” Hayoung shook her head. “I just help my tutor to treat his wounds earlier.”

“Your tutor? Did you mean,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter