5th: Falling

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Feeling like I'm love blind, taking over my mind'

It was raining hard outside. Hyungwon had climbed on his bed earlier because he didn’t have much thing to do. It’s 11 in the evening and normally he’s already fell to sleep since 3 hours ago. He had tried so hard to shut his eyes, but he didn’t know why he cannot do it.

Every time he did it, the slight of his past – that he really wishes to forget, keep haunting his mind. He already shook his head continuously, but it didn’t work. The bitter scenes keep repeated inside his mind.

“What am I thinking about? Sleep, Chae Hyungwon. Just go to sleep!” he covers his face with sleeping pillow, but it doesn't work. “This is not right.”

He then decides to get up from his bed and walk out. He touched his stomach on his way to kitchen, thinking that he must be hungry so he couldn’t sleep well.

He went downstairs when he could hear a faint noise from the first floor. Slowly, he’s taking steps toward the kitchen. His eyes widened when he see Hayoung was making something in his kitchen.

Suddenly, she turned around and she felt a little bit startled to see Hyungwon was standing behind her.

“Oh, Hyungwon oppa,” she greets while put the kettle back to its place. “I bet you are looking for food at this hour.”

“How could you know?” Hyungwon raised his eyebrow and he saw the girl is making a cup of ramyun.

“Because I’m hungry too,” she looked down as she feel embarassed by her blunt answer. “I’ll cook another one for you.”

“I can make it by my own. You don’t need to—“

“No, I want to make it for you so we can eat together,” she said as she prepares the instant food for him.

Hyungwon decided to wait in his previous place and he used the chance to staring at her. The girl was only wore a plain white shirt and short pants, she had her hair in ponytails. She didn’t put make up on her face, but he still found that she’s cute. ‘She never changed...’ he mumbled.

“Here’s for you, oppa,” Hyungwon snapped out from his own thought when Hayoung handed a bowl of ramyun for him. “Be careful. It still hot,” she said while curling a smile on her face.

“Thank you,” he said, half whispering while starting to eat the delicious food.

“You must be very hungry till you didn’t sleep yet,” Hayoung said.

Hyungwon glance at her direction to found out that she was staring at him while he was eating. “Yeah,” he just shrugged while keep chewing the noodle inside his mouth.

A silent was creating between them after the short answer that come out from Hyungwon’s mouth. He then decides steal another glance at the girl in front of him. Surprisingly, Hayoung was keep watching him when Hyungwon was eating.

The tip of her lips curved upward when the taller caught her. Instead looking another way, she dares to keep her gaze on him. She was hoping Hyungwon will notice how she adores him like crazy. Yes, Hayoung admitted that she has a crush on him ever since the guy moves from Busan and lives on the same blocks with her family.

She fell in love at the first sight to him when her mother asked her to bring some cakes as a welcome greeting 2 years ago. Fortunately, their fathers were being business partners ever since Mr. Jung started to operate his business in Seoul. So, their families have developed a good relationship starting from that day on, though Hyungwon never treat her good ever since he knows her. She didn’t know the reason why, but when she found that guy always do the same thing to every girls on their school, she found it’s normal.

Hyungwon gained popularity among the girls on their school as soon as he enters in. But, he seems didn’t put any interests on them as he only try to focus on his study. The one and only girl that close to him was his stepsister, till his friends always love to that he will end up dating his own stepsister if he keep act cold to another girls.

“Stop staring and eat your food,”

Hayoung startled as soon as Hyungwon scold her. The guy was right, she didn’t touch her food yet she keeps staring at the beautiful view in front of her.

“Ah, I’m so sorry,” she could feel that her cheeks were flushing because Hyungwon caught her. “Um, oppa... My mother just called me and she said that she really wants to meet Aunt Chae in personal when she came back from England at the end of this month. You know it’s kinda weird when our fathers were being friends for 2 years, but our mothers never meet each other.”

Hyungwon choked on his food right after heard it. Hayoung abruptly took a glass of water than give it to him.

“Are you okay?” she asked and Hyungwon nodded in the midst of drinking the water from her. “Be careful, oppa,” she said softly while patted his back.

“I’m okay,” Hyungwon said while yanked her hand away.

“I’m sorry,” Hayoung pulled out her hand, since she realized that she just make a skin-ship with him.

“I’m better going to finish my meal inside my room,” he got up from his seat before walked away, leaving Hayoung alone.

She blinked on her previous place before a bitter smile curled on her face. “What sin that I’ve made till you always treat me this way...” she mumbles sadly while close the plastic ramyun cup then throw it inside the dustbin. She somehow lost her appetite.

***

 

Eunji was sitting all alone inside the cafeteria. She had ordered an orange juice and bibimbap for her lunch yet she wasn’t touching it. She just staring at her delicious meals, but her mind was going somewhere else.

She finally took two spoon of the food and sipped her orange juice a bit, before she left the place and go outside the campus.

 

Less than 20 minutes, Eunji already stood in front of the fine cafe at Myeongdong. She peeking inside the cafe before came in and she got a warm smile from the owner of the cafe who greet her behind the cashier.

“Hello, Eunji-ssi. Nice to see you again,” Minhyuk smiled as he asked her to take her seat.

“Where’s Wonho?” being Jung Eunji, she goes straight to the point while throwing her gaze around the cafe.

“Wonho? Um, he didn’t work today,” Minhyuk said. “I wonder why you suddenly have an interest on him... Is there something happened between you two?” being nosy as always, he dares to ask her though he already know what happened between Wonho and her ex-BF, Son Hyunwoo.

Eunji immediately shook her head. “No, nothing happened. I just... I just...” she was stuttering as trying to find a convincing answer. “—Our dean asking me about him since he didn’t attend college for about 3 days without any news. So, I came here... Who knows that you can give me some information about him?”

Instead answering her question, Minhyuk formed a mischievous smile on his face and it annoyed her.

“Don’t misunderstanding us. He’s not at my level,” Eunji glares at the taller. “Just answer my question already.”

Minhyuk chuckled sarcastically, ignoring the girl’s temper. “Okay, okay,” he cleared his throat before speak out. “His mother had passed out yesterday. So, he stayed on hospital to take care of her.”

Eunji’s eyes widened. “W-what happened to his mother? Is she okay?” she couldn’t hide her worry anymore.

“She’s okay now. Just got some stress issue, I guess,” Minhyuk said.

“She must have a big problem in her life and she keeps it inside her mind...” Eunji murmured.

“I’ve just heard that Wonho’s father have a debt and his mother should sell their furniture to pay it.”

Eunji mentally slapped herself after hearing the latter explanation.

“You know that Wonho should work day and night to support his family, right?” Minhyuk suddenly asked and it made Eunji flinched.

She just nodded to react, afraid that she will look too curious in front of him.

“So, if you only wanted to play around and uses my friend just to make your ex-BF jealous till he got beaten up for something that he didn’t do...” Minhyuk held his words while his facial expression suddenly changed. “Please, stop it. He doesn’t deserve it.”

There’s no words still comes out from Eunji’s mouth. She kept staring at the empty table in front of her while gulping hard. She then decided to walk out from the cafe and stepped slowly.

She sighed deeply and ruffling her hair. She was in a dilemma.

***

 

Wonho just came back from hospital with his mother. And when he arrives at home, he caught his little sister was dancing happily with something in her hands.

“Eomma, Oppa, look what I’ve got?!” with her little steps, she ran approach her family members while showing the gift that she just got.

“It’s a brand new bag. Where did you get that, dear?” Wonho’s mother asked while her daughter hair.

“I just found this in front of our door,” Wonho’s sister said without loosening the sparks on her face, she was looking extremely happy with the pretty bag.

“Hey, you can’t take something from stranger, Nari,” Wonho was about to took the bag from his sister, but her mother held his hand.

“Just let her be,” her mother whispered.

“But eomma... Who knows that it from bad person—“

“Wonho-ya,” Mrs. Shin shook her head. “You should believe that there’s still someone with a good heart outside,” his mother flashed a reassuring smile on his face.

Wonho heaved a sigh and gazed at his little sister. The girl was singing and dancing happily while keep brings the new bag from the unknown sender. A thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter