16th: Feel Good

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘I was scared of a heart I couldn't silence, But you make me feel good’

 

Hyungwon was sitting under the big tree on the park near a kindergarten. He took off his glasses as he rubbed his temple lightly. Being a director of big company was enough to make him exhausted. He was about to take some fresh air but his phone was suddenly beeping and he found a message from Eunji.

“Hyungwon-ah, I need your help. Please pick Hyerim at her school on 1. Wonho had an additional class, and I’m still at Hoseok’s school. That brat had create a mess again *sigh*. I know I can count on you, my lovely brother ;-) Thank you. I love you x.o.x.o.”

Hyungwon cracked a smile on his face after read the message. He was about to get up from the bench to scretch up. But suddenly, a little pink ball rolling near his feet. He took it and soon after, a little girl around Shin Hyerim, his youngest niece, approached him. The little girl smiles to greet him and he didn’t know why it caused his heart pounding. He never met that girl before, but her smile seems so familiar.

“Ahjussi,” her cute voice greets him as soon as Hyungwon take the ball. “That’s mine. Could you please bring it back to me?” she said while pointing the ball with her little fingers.

“Sure,” Hyungwon handed it to her and the little girl’s smile grew wider.

“Thank you,” she was about to turned around, but Hyungwon called her to make her stop.

“Um, I never see you before. Are you new here?” he asked.

The little girl nodded. “Yes. My parents and I are just moved here last week.”

“Oh, no wonder I’ve just see you today,”

On the same time, a woman’s voice greet them. The voice was calling out for the little girl’s name, but something that made him surprised is, he seems familiar with that voice. The voice that he had never heard again for the past years. He still clearly remembered it though.

“Younhee-ya,”

Hyungwon turned around to find the owner of the voice and that was when he got his eyes widened. He didn’t expect that he will meet her again after all. She didn’t change, he thought. It has been 8 years, but she still had a sculpted figure that perfectly fit on his eyes. A pair of arched eyebrows down on sweeping her eyelashes. Her long black hair swept her face softly, and it made her look more gorgeous. A set of dazzling, angel-white teeth gleamed as she smiled when the little girl notice her presence.

“Eomma~” with the little steps, the girl approached her and she greets her inside her embrace.

“Why didn’t you wait for me inside, sweetheart? You know it’s kinda dangerous to play outside alone like this,” she said while the little girl hair.

The little girl released the hug to staring at the eldest face. “I’m sorry, but I lost my ball when I was playing inside. So I’ve managed to find it outside. Luckily, that ahjussi catch it for me,” she said while pointing at the man that was freezing like statue since Hayoung showed up.

Hayoung was following her daughter’s gaze and that was when she got her jaw dropped. Just like him, her eyes instantly widened. She just move to Seoul again after 8 years spending her time by staying on UK. And she didn’t expect she will immediately meet him again in her first week on her hometown.

***

 

Hyungwon had just came to his niece school after his stepsister asked him to pick her up. He decided to wait for her outside since he saw that the school time wasn’t ended yet. As he waited, Hyungwon met someone that he didn’t know that he should meet again or not. But maybe, he needs to start to believe that fate was existed.

“You want some?” Hayoung asked as she reached out a cola can to Hyungwon, but she got a head shake as an answer. “Okay then,” she shrugged and opened the can for herself. “I heard that you worked as the director on your stepfather company now.”

“Yes...”

“That’s cool,” Hayoung took a seat next to him. “How are your sister and brother in law?”

“They are okay, more than okay I guess,” Hyungwon said while look at the two little girls that happily played together in front of them.

“So, Shin Hyerim is their second daughter and what a fate that she is my daughter’s classmate!” Hayoung added.

“Congratulations,” Hyungwon found himself congratulate her.

“What for?” Hayoung frowned.

Hyungwon was gulped hard. “I never had a chance to congratulate you after your wedding 5 years ago. So, it wasn’t late enough to tell you now, isn’t it?”

Hayoung let out a soft chuckled. “It’s okay since we’ve just had a chance to meet again now. But it was unfair since I never heard anything about you. Are you married already?”

A bitter smile instantly formed on Hyungwon’s face right after he got the question. He shook his head before looked down on his shoes.

“Seriously? But I’m sure you had a girlfriend that you will get married with soon, am I right?” Hayoung kept ask since she didn’t notice his changing expression.

Hyungwon turned his face so he could see her. “Did I look that happy til you think that I have one?”

“What do you mean?” Hayoung frowned as she didn’t get what the latter had said.

Hyungwon huffed. “I never had a serious relationship after the day when you’ve decided to choose Im Changkyun rather than comeback to me.”

Hayoung gaped in disbelief, she never thought that the guy that she once loved was suffering like that. “After those times... You still can’t move on... from me?”

“It sounds silly, but I should admit that it was true,” Hyungwon stood up. “But don’t worry. I don’t have a plan to ruin someone else’s happy life,” he forced a smile before asked his niece to go home with him, leaving Hayoung with her pounding heart alone.

***

 

Eunji wake up as she glancing at the digital clock on the right side of her bed. It was 2 AM. She touched her stomach and she could hear it was groaning as a signal that she was craving for food. She got up from her bed and walked out from the room slowly.

She reached the refrigerator as she she sleepily opening it. Eunji put down her legs, sitting on the cold floor while watching her wide opened fridge. She sighed after.

“Ah... I’m so sleepy,” she muttered before yawning. She scanned the fridge with eyes half opened before decided to took an apple. She closed it then walk toward the couch. As she was chewing the fruit inside , she could hear the electronic beep from the main door of her house.

Eunji blinked to the direction of the figure that had just walked in. The door was locking shut behind him, hearing both of the slip of his shoes and the rustling of some kind of paper bags. The tips of Eunji’s lips eventually cracked into a smile when she caught him clearly in her gaze.

“Didn’t you know what time is it, Mr. Shin?”

She giggled when she watched his surprise face as the guy turned the lights on.

“Y-yeobo?” he stuttered. “I-I’m sorry, I just—“

“Kihyun drunk after the party and you just being one and only friend that should drive him home, while Minhyuk should go home earlier since he has a fierce wife that forbid him to go home late,” Eunji quickly cut his words as she grabbed his wrist and asked him to sit with her. “I know right, yeobo.”

Wonho let out a soft chuckle after, before he leaned his head on her shoulder.

“You better take a shower, Shin sem. Your smell annoyed me,” Eunji hissed while pushing his body playfully.

“Okay, okay,” he groaned as he got up. “I brought some gimbap for you. I know you always craving for food in these hours,” he said while pointing toward the paper bag that he place on the dining table before walked toward the bathroom.

“Thank you. You’re such a kind husband, yeobo,” Eunji grinned before took the paper bag and peeking inside of it. There were two foil wrapped foods and she admitted the smell was quite good till inviting another groan from her stomach.

She quickly opened the foil paper before taking a bite on the gimbap and chewing it inside . She didn’t need 15 minutes to finishing the food. The n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter