1st: Introduction

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK

“Hyungwon oppa~”

He turned around as he heard a cheer voice that calling out his name. The tip of Hyungwon’s lips curled upward when he caught a little girl with flowery-pink dress was walking with her small steps to approach him.

“Hey,” he greets her back when the girl already sat next to him.

“Look what I've brought for you,” her smile was similarly bright as him when she was showing something inside her hands.

Hyungwon peek then his eyes instantly widened in amazement. “Wow, where did you get that?”

“I bought it on my way from school,” her smile grew wider. “This chocolate flavor is belong to you,” she said while handed him one of the cake pops. “And this one is for me,” she held the other one in her small hands.

Hyungwon chuckled. “You always love the strawberry flavor, didn’t you?” he raised a hand to patting the girl’s crown head. “Anyway, thank you.”

“Let’s eat it together before your mom asked you to go home,” the little girl cheerfully said and she earns a nod from the taller.

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

 

 

“Hyungwon-ah!” a female voice that he knew could irritate his ears every morning, already entering his room. Instead of opening his eyes, Hyungwon decided to hide his face under the blanket. “Yah, Chae Hyungwon!”

This time, the owner of the voice tried to waking him up by shaking the tallest body that still laid comfortably on his bed.

“Wake up!” she shouted louder by shaking his body more, till made the younger groaned, but still he didn’t let his eyes open. The girl sighed in frustration though the scene is continuously happened every morning.

She stopped to shake his body since she knew that it’s no use. Then, she sat in the edge of the bed. She’s staring at the guy that seems put his interest with his dream more.

“I got news for you,” she said, softer this time and it's eventually inviting the male’s attention.

“What news, noona?” Hyungwon shifting the blanket that covering half of his face, but still refuse to open his eyes.

The girl that he called as his noona, shake her head as she notices his behavior. ‘He’s indeed a sleeping maniac’ – she thought.

“Starting from today on, a daughter of my father will move in,”

“Oh, sounds good. So we’ll have another new member in this house,” Hyungwon mumbles nonchalantly still with eyes closed.

“I’ve heard that she lives eleven blocks from here. And she’s one of your junior,”

“What?” finally, his eyes opened.

“I’ve heard from your mom, she’s a pretty girl that coming from a wealth family. But since her parents have a business trip to England for a month, they didn’t want the one and only daughter of them, living alone at their big mansion. So, they decided to let her stay in our house till they come back to Seoul,”

“Who is she? I mean, did you perhaps know her name, noona?” this time, Hyungwon already got up from his quality sleeping time. He sat next to his stepsister, showing some interests with their soon-to-be new house member.

“Her name is Hayoung. Oh Hayoung.”

“What?!” Hyungwon’s eyes widened when he heard that name. His body almost fell on the floor; luckily his stepsister could catch his arm before the taller landed his on the floor. ‘From all of the girls in this country, how could it be her?!’

 

“Good morning,” a deep and husky female voice suddenly greets their ears. Hyungwon got a bad feeling about that. When he turned his eyes to his room door that already opened earlier by his stepsister, he found a familiar figure that standing eagerly behind it.

“Oh, Hayoung-ah. You’ve come,” Hyungwon’s stepsister immediately approaching the guest with smile on her face.

“Anyeonghaseyo, Eunji eonnie,” that girl bowed politely to the eldest. “Hi, Hyungwon oppa,” then she directly greeted him while waving her hand cutely at him.

Hyungwon gulped before throw his gaze to the other side, refusing to make an eye contact.

“Hyungwon-ah, greet her! Be nice to our guest,” Eunji hissed by seeing the careless side from her younger brother.

“It’s okay, eonnie. I’m sure Hyungwon oppa must be surprised with my sudden presence,” Hayoung smiles warmly. “Anyway, may I know where my room is? I’ve met Aunty Chae at the front earlier, but she seems in hurry. So I’ve decided to come in.”

“My dear Hyungwonie,” Eunji suddenly called him softly, but Hyungwon knew that his stepsister tried to fake her voice and he notice that something bad will come in. “Take Hayoung to her room and help  her with the luggage, please.”

“Why must me? She can do it alone,” he nagged.

“She’s a girl, for god’s sake. How could you ask her to bring these luggages by herself?”

“B-but—“ before Hyungwon could resist, Eunji already pulled his arm then bring him closer to Hayoung.

He let out a deep sigh before took the luggage and walked helplessly leading her to the room.

“Thank you very much, oppa. I owe you,” Hayoung said while sending a smile to him, but the guy sent a glare to her as the return.

“I hope you like your new room, Hayoung,” Eunji said while her hair gently.

“Thank you, eonnie,” Hayoung said as she smiling sweetly at Eunji. It made Hyungwon suddenly stopped from walking.

“Yah, let’s go to your room now or we’ll be getting late for school!”

***

 

“So, the topic today is ... Hyungwon is having a new house mate, isn’t it?” Hansol asked as he munching his toast. It was a recess time when Hyungwon spend it with his classmate at their school cafeteria.

“New house mate? What house mate?” Jooheon blinked.

“A daughter of his stepfather’s friend moved to his house starting from this day,” Ilhoon said while letting a spoon of rice move into his mouth. “And guess who is she? She’s Oh Hayoung!”

“Woah! You’re so lucky, dude!” Jackson squealed, shaking Hyungwon’s arm excitedly.

“What so lucky about it?” he asked in a bored tone, while glancing at his best friend, Jooheon who seems startled.

“Having a pretty girl living with you. Damned it! I envy you!” Jackson, a guy from Hongkong, squealed again while throwing a mischievous look toward the taller.

“I don’t like her,” Hyungwon calmly stated as he playing with his spoon.

“Why? She’s a popular. I think every normal guy love that kind of girl,” Hansol asked.

“I just...” Hyungwon held his words while steal another glance to Jooheon that was staring at him too with an expression that he can’t read. “She isn’t my type,” he finally said before put his gaze back at his meals.

“So, what’s your ideal type? A girl that looks like your stepsister, huh?” Ilhoon said while took another bite of his burger.

“I see a sister-complex here...” Jackson tried to make fun of his friend and it successfully inviting loud laughs from Ilhoon and Hansol.

“Yah! Could you guys shut up? You really loved to tease me, huh?” Hyungwon glared at his foreign friend then landed a slap on Hansol’s left arm since the paler sit beside him.

***

 

“Yah, she’s coming. She’s coming!”

Wonho could feel someone nudging his elbow. It made his attention move from the thick ‘Statistic Theory’ book to his close friend, Yoo Kihyun that already sitting next to him.

“Calm down. We’re inside the library now,” he said, whispering while threw his gaze surround the place, afraid that his mate’s voice will annoy the others.

“Jung Eunji. She’s coming,” Kihyun said, slower than previously but still he could not hide the amazement from his voice tone. It made Wonho following his gaze.

The girl suddenly passed them. Kihyun bite his pen, while Wonho’s eyes widened.

Eunji could sense that she’s been watched. So, she turned around and caught the two guys were still staring at her from head to toe. Then, she decided to approach them.

“What’s with that look?” she asked while glaring at them.

“N-no... We’re just—“ Wonho tried to explain but she quickly cut it off.

“I don’t like it. So, stop staring at me with that looks,” she coldly said and made the male mentally slapping himself.

“I just knew that looking at you is a crime,” Kihyun blurted out sarcastically and it’s caused Wonho kick his foot under the table to shut him up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter