Chapter 6

You Are Sweet Like Red Velvet

"Tiffany? Tiffany, where are you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Why the light suddenly off?" asked Tiffany while looking around, but she still didn't see anything.

"I don't know. Where are you?"

"I'm still beside the fridge. You?"

"I'm here, beside the table."

Tiffany squinted her eyes and looked around. Fortunately, with the help of light from the outside, she can saw Taeyeon who is standing beside the table

"I saw you." said Tiffany while stepped closer to Taeyeon. "What's happened?" she asked again when she was beside him.

"I don't know. Before this, there were never happen."

Tiffany looked around. There was no smell of smoke. There was no any sound of explosion. Why the light were off? "Just now I saw the light of fridge still on. Let me try on this machine. Tiffaany took the egg beater in front of her. She instlled the socket and the machine. "See, this machine can works. I think the light was the problem. Maybe because of the mentol."

Taeyeon sighed. "It's gonna be hard for me. I can't see anything."

"I think we still can do. The light from the outside is enough for us." said Tiffany while looked outside.

"I can't! I think we can't continue all of this. We do it later." Taeyeon gave up.

'Can't you try to think positively? It's so boring when there is person like you. There was only a little problem. How can he give up already?' "Don't be like this. Ms Lee already booked your red velvet cake.

"Who told you to mistaken? Look now!"

"Please, you can mad at me after this. But, make the cake first please,"

"How can I do? My hands that were in front of me I still can't see!"

"Light from outside?"

Taeyeon shook. "It was not enough. If I'm wrong measuring the ingeridients and the cake was not to be, you want to be responsible?"

Tiffany sighed. "Okay, i'll buy candles and we put it in the kitchen. So, you can see."

"Candles? That's impossible."

"Don't you worry. I'll buy candles as much as you need."

"Okay, but make sure you buy more. Don't be stingy. If not, I will not make that cake."

"Don't worry. You wait here." Tiffany rushed to the supermarket to buy the candles.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Be careful. I don't want my bakery burns because of you."

Tiffany just rolled her eyes.

"Who's know? Btw, put the candles more on that table."

"Hello..? Who are you to order me just like that. " Tiffany mumbled slowly.

"Faster! Faster! Why so slow?"

"If you felt that I'm slow, come here and help me."

Taeyeon shook his head and smirked. "I don't want. It's not my works."

"Eh? Why me? You said you can't work if there is no llight. So, I buy you the candles."

"BUt, now I should sitting at home while watching the football games. Whose fault?"

Tiffany bite her lips. "Okay, it's my fault. You wait here, I'm almost finish." said Tiffany while continue to put the candles.

After a few minutes, Tiffany finish put the candles. It's really worth it to waste money to buy 10 boxes of candles at the supermarket. Tiffany satisfied with her works and smiled while looked at Taeyeon, still standing beside the table. "See. I told you. I put many candles. This place is so bright."

"That's all you bought?" asked Taeyeon while looked around like a pedator wants to find it's food.

Tiffany confused. 'What's wrong with this man? Blind or  Isn't the kitchen already bright. I think it's brighter than before!' "I bought 10 boxes of candles. Isn't it already bright?"

"10 boxes? Do you light all of them?"

"That's why I asked you, you still can't see? Or you want to tease me?"

"You think I'm a kid that want to tease people?"

Tiffany pouted. "Can we start now?"

Taeyeon waalked slowly. His hands hold the table beside him. Then, he turned around and try to take the bowl.

Tiffany observed Taeyeon carefullyy. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. I want to start making a cake." said Taeyeon.

"So, what you want to do first?"

"I want to break the eggs." Taeyeon take a bowl in front of him.

"You want to break the eggs into the pot? It's my first time to see this technique." teased Tiffany while laughed.

"I'm not, i just want to arrange this only." answered Taeyeon while quickly put the pot away.

Tiffany shook her head and walked to Taeyeon. She took a bowl and gave to him. "I think you want to use this bowl, right?"

"Please put it there." said Taeyeon while took the eggs that were beside him.

"You want to beat this eggs with fork?" asked Tiffany.

Taeyeon shook. "In your kitchen, you can beat the eggs using fork. But, not in my kitchen. We must use the eggbeater."

'Eggbeater? I think it was here. But...'

PRANG!  The forks and spoons were scatered on the floor. 

"Taeyeon, are you okay?" asked Tiffany worriedly while approached Taeyeon who is freezing at his place.

"Im.... o-okay." Taeyeon stuttered.

"What's wrong with you? Are you sick? How could it fall?" Tiffany asked without stopping.

"You are asking too much question. Which one you want me to answer?"

"Sorry, I'm panic."Don't be panic. I'm okay." Taeyeon tapped her head while sitting on the floor and collected the forkks and spoons. But, again he missed the forks and spoons because it didn't entered into the container.

Tiffany sat with him and helped him to collect all of them. "Why with you actually? The container was there, not here. This is a glass." said Tiffany while took out all the forks and spoons. Then, she and Taeyeon stood up together.

Taeyeon sighed. But, he still quiet. He wiped his hands wiith his handkerchief.

"Tae, since when you become quiet? You okay? From earlier, I saw you was acting weirdly."

"How strange?"

"Strange? Since I'm out to buy the candles and come back, you still standing at your place. Then, you use pot to beat the eggs. And now, you always dropped everything.Why?" asked Tiffany curiously.

"I..."

"Don't say that you can see."

Taeyeon nodded. Tiffaany make a confuse face. "I don't understand. What do you mean?"

"I can't see." answered Taeyeon.

"Are you speaking German or Spain?"

"Since when miss Tiffany become deaf? I told you I can't see."

Tiffany quiet for a while before looked at Taeyeon. "So, you can't see?"

"Yes" answered Taeyeon shortly.

"Tae, what happened?"

He inhaled deeply. "Actually, I has refractive error like..."

"Refractive error? But, you didnt wear any glasses! Refractive error like what?"

"Can't you don't cut my sentence? I didn't finish yet!"

Tiffany laughed. "Sorry, you talked slowly."

"I has night-blindness. When there is no enough light, I can't see. That's why I can't do my works."

"Night-blindness? How long?"

"Since I'm kid. So, I never works at night."

Tiffany nodded. "That's why I saw you weirdly. Apparently, you can't see. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Aishh! Can you keep quiet for a while? Now you sit quietly and help me to make a cake. If not, the cake would not be finish and you will face alone with Ms Lee."

"Okay, I promise I will be quiet." answered Tiffany.