Chapter 5

You Are Sweet Like Red Velvet

"Please pick up the phone!" said Tiffany while drove her car. 'You're dead, Tiff' Tiffany wiped her sweat on her forehead because she was panic. After a few minutes, Tiffany arrived at the front of bakery. She quickly get off from her car and walked to the front door.

"Hello...? Is anybody here? Chef Taeyeon!" Tiffany shouted while knocking the door roughly. But too sad because nobody there. The door was locked neatly.

Tiffany kneeled down. Her tears started rolling down slowly to her cheek. "Why this must happened? I should not mistaken. How about Ms Lee's wedding? It must be embrassed without a cake on the wedding and she will blame me." Tiffany sobbed because she do not know what to do.

Slowly, she got up. She don't care about her messy hair anymore. Now, she has to go back. Go back and accept everything that would happen after this. Suddenly.....

"Chef Taeyeon!" Tiffany wiped her tears away as she saw Taeyeon. He was about to get in of his car that was not far from the bakery.

"Chef! Chef Taeyeon!" Tiffany calling him repeatly. But he didn't heard her because of the distance between them. WHile Taeyeon, he already drove his car away.

"Otteokhae, he already gone. I must to prevent him. I must to make sure Ms Lee's wedding have that red velvet cake." said Tiffaany. She quickly walked on the roadside.

'One, Two, Three..... JUMP!'

She stood in the middle of the road and shut her eyes tightly. This time, is there anything happen, just let them be.  She's willing. For the sake of red velvet cake!

Skreeet!

Taeyeon's car stopped suddenly. Taeyeon puckered his face to prevent his anger. 'What's wrong with this woman?' He unbuckled his seatbealt and get off from his car.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! WHY DID YOU STOOD ON THE ROAD? DO YOU WANT TO DIE!"  shouted Taeyeon. (Aigoo Taeyeon-ah~ control your anger please. Poor you Tiffany. Who told you to mistaken? Hahahaha. Btw, is it what Tiffany deserve?)

Tiffany opened her eyes slowly and smiled. Taeyeon stood in front of her. Even his face was red like wants to eat humans, she does not care. The most important is Taeyeon was here. There must have the ways to save Ms Lee's wedding tommorow!

Tiffany still smiled at him. 'This woman! Even I scolded her, she still smile like that?'

"Chef Taeyeon, you're my hero." said Tiffany. "

'W-wait! Why her face looks familiar?' "Are you scick? But.. why your face like... isn't you Ms Tiffany, the stupidest person I've ever meet?" said Taeyeon while looked at Tiffany.

Her head was boiling in anger but she hold it. For the red velvet cake, she pretended to smile while grasping her fist. She inhale and exhale slowly. "Are you kidding me? Honestly, I really need your help." said Tiffany.

"Help? Do you want me to reapir your head? Sorry, I'm a chef not a doctor." Taeyeon smirked.

'How dare you! I asked you in a nice way, this is what I get? Calm yourself Tiff! Fuhhh!' "Can you hear me first? This time I'm serious. This is about the red velvet cake that i booked for Ms Lee's wedding."

"Ms Lee? Isn't her wedding is on 18th? Today was !3th." said Taeyeon.

Tiffany sighed. "That was the problem."

"What do you mean?" asked Taeyeon.

"I'm mistaken. Ms Lee's wedding is not on 18th."

"So, when is the wedding?"

"on 15th, the day after tommorow." Tiffany answered shortly.

Taeyeon's jaw dropped. "What? The day after tommorow? You're not playing with me right?"

"No, it's true. Ms Lee wanted you to make a red velvet cake for her wedding."

Taeyeon shook his head. "No way, I didn't prepare the ingredients yet."

Tiffany stepped up and approached Taeyeon slowly. "Please! I admit it was all my fault but please make it today."

"Ms Tiffany, it is not I don't want to help you, but I'm not prepare anything. Now, it was 6.00 p.m. My bakery was closed. All of my workers already went their home. So, it is impossible for me to make a red velvet cake alone!

"Please help me. However, a red velvet cake must have on Ms Lee's wedding."

"I...."

"Moreover, if there no a red velvet cake, I will lost my career as a wedding planner. For your information,I'm poor. Day and night I worked hard to find the money. I also have adopted-child.... eh mistaken! There are many adopted-kittens and I need to find the money to give them food."

"But, I think.."

"I also have a lot of debt to be paid. My credit card was not paid for three months. In my house, electricity and water have been cut off. Now, I have to use candles to illuminate the house and a water well. You must don't believe that a cute woman like me are poor right?"

"I just feeling like listening to your fairytale story." said Taeyeon while glared at her.

"Okay, maybe that was too much. But, I don't lie to you about my career. I hope you can help me."

"But. It's hard for me. Make a red velvet cake is not an easy work. Especially for the weddings."

"I'm here. I can help you!"

"You?" said Taeyeon while pointed to her.

Tiffany nodded. "Yes. I can help you to make red velvet cake!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, so, can we do it now?" asked Tiffany.

"Okay. But only me can make that cake. So how about you?" Taeyeon laughed. He walked to the bakery and leave her behnd.

Taeyeon opened the lock and pushed the bakery door. He looked back and smirked when he saw running towards him. "Why are you late? Are you friend with a snail?" Taeyeon laughed loudly.

Taeyeon entered and open the switch. Tiffany followed him from the back.

"What are you looking for?"

"This bakery. It is so beautiful at night."

Taeyen and Tiffany entered the kitchen. 'Woahhh!'

"What's wrong with your mouth? Do you want me to kiss you?"

"W-what did you say?"

"I said before we start to bake a cake. You must to wear an apron ad cap first. Here!" said Taeyeon while handed her an apron and a cap.

'How to wear this? How can he wears this easily? Arghh!! Why so hard?!'

"What are you doing? I  told you to wear the apron!"

"I didn't do anything. I just want to tie this! These thing choke me!"

Taeyeon shook his head. "What is it that make you hard?" Taeyeon walked slowly to approach her.

"This thing...." said Tiffany but then she froze when Taeyeon help her to tie the apron. From there, you can see that Taeyeon was like backhugging her but they are not. Taeyeon carefully help her. Then, he handed her a cap. Tiffany still froze on her spot.

"What are you waiting for? Don't waste time, hurry help me." said Taeyeon.

"I know! I'm coming. What you want me to do?" asked Tiffany.

"What do you know about the red velvet cake?"

"I didn't know anything." Tiffany bowed her heard.

"It's okay. I want you to go to the bookshelf, there is a file of the recipe. You read first, it can make our works more easy." said Tiffany.

Without any question, she just followed his instuctions. Tiffany widened her eyes when she saw the recipe. She read it again, again and again. 'Why I didn't understand this? Arghh! Why this is so hard?!'

 

  RED VELVET CAKE

 Ingredients:

 2 1/2 cup of flour

 1/2 teaspoon salt

 2 tablespoon coco powder

1/2 cup of unsalted butter

2 1/2 cup of sugar

  2 eggs

1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

1 cup of buttermilk

 2 tablespoon red/pink colouring food

 1 teaspoon vinegar / white distilled vinegar

1 teaspoon baking soda

 

 

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

 

RECIPE 1

250 gram cream cheese

 30 gram butter

1 tablespoon lemon juice

 1 tablespoon vanilla essence

1 tablespoon fresh milk

 100 gram icing sugar

 

 

  RECIPE 2

  227 gram cream cheese (room temperature)

  227 gram mascarpone cheese (room temperature)

 1 teaspoon vanilla essence

 1 cup icing sugar

 1 1/2 double cream

 

 

 RECIPE 3

250 gram cream cheese

1 cup icing sugar

1 1/2 cup butter

 

 

 

"Are you done?" Taeyeon shouted.

"There are some that I understood. There some I don't...." 

"You must didn't know what is Mascarpone Cheese right? These are hard to find. If there, the price is expensive. It is suitable to make the frosting cream for red velvet cake. That's why my cake was very delicious. I'm not stingy to use the expensive ingeridients."

'Huh! Do I look care?' Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"Help me to take the eggs on the fridge." ordered Taeyeon while pointed his hand to the fridge.

Tiffany nodded her head and walked to the fridge. As she was about to take the eggs, the light were off suddenly. Tiffany screamed and panic. Fortunately, she did not miss the eggs that were in her hands.

"Tiffany? Tiffany, where are you? Are you okay?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued.....