Hope

347735

My friends grew tired of me for not doing the friendship rule. They have to tell me something about themselves then I to them. But I can't share my story. They're friendly, but my lack of reciprocation of their affections made them go away. I just want a friend

Bora doesn't know whether to laugh or cry. The crumpled piece of paper still with her after all this years. And after all this years she's still searching for the author of this confession.

It all started when Bora is doing her homework for yesterday. Call it crazy but everyone knows that efforts count and maybe she'll have enough luck to get her homework be accepted with her coming out of their professor's office in one piece.

"Done with part 1, at last. it algebra!" With a quick stretch of arms, Bora thought about her road to part 9, she's only 8 parts away. 100 problems per chapter. Maybe her professor wouldn't mind delaying her mark a little bit more. With a loud sigh Bora scanned the questions real quick. And there it is, a piece of paper, tucked in her page 39 Advance Algebra book.

A piece of paper which she grown attached to. It started from a simple pity then curiosity kicked in, wanting her to search for the friendly no friend girl. They attended an all girls school and she's probably her classmate since her book have never been into anywhere but her bag and desk.

She wonders first how it got there in the first place. "All of us girls have the same book, maybe she thought this was hers." Mimi pushed the book away from her face when Bora emphasized that they all do have the same book. "Hana." One word and Bora already knew what's coming. "I know. It's just that," She sighed loudly, not wanting to accept her defeat for her Adventure in seeking the friendly no friends girl. "Why do you even want to do this?" Their professor entered the room. "I just felt like I'm supposed to." Their classmates did their greetings. Bora whispered, "I just don't like the idea of her being all alone by herself. " Mimi has been defeated.

"Two years of finding and still!" Nayoung opened her palm and shoves it in front of Bora's face. "It's our graduation tomorrow and still. Not even a clue who's the author of that damn sad story!" Bora pushed Nayoung's palm then faces Mimi. "Don't make this any harder than it's already been." She stood up, ready to isolate herself from her friends because she couldn't find the lonely friend she supposed to have two years ago.

"Good evening may I take your order?" Why did she even decide to have dinner at McDonalds at this ungodly hour. Even at this time this fast food chain is still crowded. She's even becoming more crankier. And that's dangerous. With a fixed gaze at the menu upfront, Bora stated her orders. The waitress handed her a piece of paper her eyes still looking straight past the counter. The line moves slowly. She took a peak to the parchment she's holding. She looks back at the menu. Wait wha-

Eyebrows touching each other as Bora examines the writing, the writing she's been reading everyday for the past two years. It isn't mandatory but Bora's day wouldn't end if she won't read the confession that tugged her heart.

Heart beat starting to rise as she quickly look for the culprit. The waitress. The waitress! Where is she?! Screw the line! She got off and looks for the waitress and the universe probably decided that it's time to let her meet the one she's been seeking, because there is only one waitress at the line, getting orders from the costumers who will have to resume their dictating of orders after Bora finishes her intruding. "I'm your friend." She spitted out. On her mind for the past 2 years it's not that creepy and embarrassing. There are hundreds of scenarios she's been playing over and over her head but this, at McDo meeting her hopefully new friend never comes to her. She asks why. The waitress answered, "Thank you for waiting patiently, but even though you are my friend, there is a line ma'am. " Sejeong it says on her nameplate.

Sejeong earned a couple round of applause by hungry impatient costumers. Sejeong's blank eyes, probably tired of her work, of her life, who knows? Maybe no one since no one is there for her and all Bora's asking for is that she'll let her be there for her but she probably blew it, with a last glance at Sejeong she saw a change in the waitress' eyes. Hope. She hope it's hope for them.
"I'm sorry about earlier. " She's right. Sejeong came over with a choco fudge sundae in hand, placing it expertly on the table. "It's almost midnight and my shift should be done hours ago but my replacement didn't show up so I got stuc-" Bora's eyes stopped litting up. "Continue!" She said enthusiastically. "N-no. I'm sorry. I j-just want to give this to you, hoping you'll f-forgive m-me." Now is the moment Shin Bora have been waiting for. And she will not screw this up! "I'm serious when I said I'm your friend. " She goes softly this time. Sejeong doesn't understand. "Sit down and I'll tell you." They confessed.
"It's been two years why don't you two get married already? " Mina pointed out the obvious. Now why wouldn't they? "Why wouldn't we?" Sejeong asked. Soyee rubs the back of Sally because her girlfriend won't stop coughing. The youngest stopped eating and stared intensely at Bora who is now contemplating if her girlfriend is being serious right now. "I love you Shin Bora. You gave me seven beautiful friends that turned into my family when I only asked for one. And that one is the one," Sejeong pushed her chair back, making enough space for her to kneel in front of the sitting Bora. She remove her necklace to reveal an engagement ring her mother once had, "I love you Shin Bora and I will always do, now I hope you'll say you do to."
"I do." Everyday for the rest of her life, Shin Bora will always prove her love to her friend, now to her soon to be wife.