Chapter 7

I give myself to you

"Wow! Hoseok hyung are you Einstein? You did that pretty fast!" Jimin and Taehyung were surprised with Hoseok's calculation speed. Hoseok has been practising his of because Namjoon had challenged him to solve 30 mathematical problems in an hour.

"I still have 15 more. And time is less." Hoseok turned the page and started punching the calculator again.

"Ok, ok. Your time is up. Did you finish it?" Namjoon said as he entered into the room.

Hoseok's writing hand stopped as he pitifully sighed and handed over his notebook to Namjoon. 

"Still 5 problems unsolved. You lose the bet!" Namjoon's eyes shone as he looked at the notebook.

"Ok, tell me what you want?" Hoseok said.

"Nothing much. How about bringing Yoongi hyung to play basketball with us?" Namjoon said.

Not only Hoseok but Jimin and Taehyung were also surprised with Namjoon's demand.

"What? Well that is too easy. I thought you would give me some difficult task. I will ask him but I am not sure but if he will agree to play." Hoseok said.

"Actually, that is the task. Bring Yoongi hyung and make him play with us. Anyhow." Namjoon said.

"Now that is difficult. Ok. Since I lost already, I will bring Yoongi hyung. Gather at the basketball court ." Hoseok said as he ran outside of the room.

"Yah, Namjoon hyung! Are you crazy? You want to play basketball with Yoongi hyung?" Jimin said.

"Exactly! You forgot the first time we tried to play with him and he literally nearly killed us all. Throwing the ball on our heads." Taehyung said rubbing his head.

"Who said I am playing alone? We all are playing." Namjoon smiled.

"I am in." Jin said.

"Me too." Jungkook raised his hand.

"Can we disagree?" Jimin said.

"Yes, if you want to sleep at the corridor tonight." Namjoon smiled.

 

 

There was an awkward situation at the basketball court. Yoongi standing with his arms crossed on his chest and looking totally uninterested. Hoseok beside Yoongi, smiling and trying his best to make communication. Namjoon bouncing the ball. Jungkook looking to much enthusiastic. Jin casually standing. Jimin and Taehyung nudging each other to go forward.

"Should we start? I am too much excited!" Hoseok said looking both at Namjoon and Yoongi. Only Hoseok knows how much aegyo he had used to bring Yoongi here. If others don't support then his efforts will all go in vain.

"Shall we choose the members first?" Namjoon said.

"I will go to Yoongi hyung." Jungkook said as he ran towards Yoongi.

"Hoseok." Namjoon said. Yoongi's glare soon reaching towards him.

"Hey, I don't even know how to play. Why choose me?" Hoseok said.

"Take all of them. I, alone is enough for you all." Yoongi said.

"Better." Namjoon said. 

Soon the game started. As like Yoongi said, he alone was enough for Namjoon's team. Namjoon would pass ball to tall ones like Jungkook, Jin and Taehyung but how could you even score when Yoongi somehow comes and in the speed of light takes the ball away.

Hoseok was running here and there like a lost child in the crowd. He would cheer and clap when anyone would score. Let's say Yoongi was scoring more than them.

"Go, block him." Namjoon said as he came to Hoseok .

"What is that?" Hoseok asked confusingly.

"Look, what others are doing. Do the same." Namjoon said.

Hoseok looked in front. Yoongi was bouncing the ball making his way to the basket. He was well surrounded by others trying to take ball away from his hands.

"Just go, already!" Namjoon said as he pushed Hoseok.

Hoseok confusingly ran towards them. Somehow Yoongi was going to make a jump and dunk, Hoseok stood in front of him. Yoongi raised an eyebrow as he was questioning. Hoseok could just smile.

And first time. First time in the whole history of basketball, Min Yoongi missed his score.

"Woah!!!" Others cheered as they picked the ball and ran towards other basket to score.

Yoongi cleared his throat awkwardly as he quickly looked away. " Let's stop it here." With this he went.

"What happened? He was winning." Jungkook said.

"I can finally breath in peace." Taehyung said as he exhaled heavily.

"My whole body was trembling when Yoongi hyung suddenly blocked my score ." Jimin said.

"Perhaps he got tired already." Hoseok said and others nodded. " Hey, let's start again. I quite learned it." They started to run again.

"You saw that?" Namjoon said as he gave high-five to Seokjin.

"Yeah. By the way, nice plan!!" Seokjin said.

 

 

"You learn pretty fast, Hoseok hyung." Jimin said.

"I do. You know I am a dancer. I am the best dancer in my whole school." Hoseok said.

"Woah!!! You must be pretty popular." Taehyung said.

"Haha not as you think. I have more rivals than admirers." Hoseok said.

"How can someone be your rival? You are most friendly person. Hell, you even made communication with Yoongi hyung." Namjoon said.

"Of course. I don't even have a courage to ask my pen back with Yoongi hyung." Taehyung said.

"Why are you all so afraid of him? He isn't that bad." Hoseok said.

"I don't know how you could manage to talk with him. Haven't you noticed no one dares to speak when he eats in dining hall, the same hall which sounds like a busy market when Yoongi hyung isn't there? Also last time when you had fight. We all were there. In fact whole juvenile home was there but the boys backed off once Yoongi hyung arrived. He didn't even lift a finger but the crowd dismissed. Don't you think it's something interesting?" Jimin said.

"I did notice that. But more than that what amazes me is that you all were sharing room with him before my arrival. But also you are afraid of him?" Hoseok said.

"Yoongi hyung doesn't speak much." Jungkook said. " If he likes he nods, if he doesn't like he glares and if he hates he does something weird." 

"Weird?" Hoseok asked.

"Like he shouts off, moves your bed out of the room, throws your clothes, etc etc." Taehyung said remembering once he had to sleep at the corridor.

"He seems like a cold person." Jin who was leaning on the wall finally spoke." We tried to make communication with him. A lot. But he just seems uninterested."

"You don't know about his background, isn't it? All the people in this juvenile home is afraid of Yoongi hyung because......" Jimin said.

"Hoseok, let's get back to your study. Enough interval." Namjoon said as he grabbed Hoseok's wrist and pulled him out of the room.

 

 

"Namjoon..." Hoseok spoke. He has been trying to focus in his studies but he couldn't. Jimin's words replayed on his mind. " What is Yoongi hyung's background?" 

Namjoon looked up at Hoseok from his book. " Well that is something that would be good if you hear from him." 

"I was curious as Jimin was telling me something but you pulled me here." Hoseok said.

"Hoseok, there are something which sounds better when heard from the actual person. Listening from others can cause misunderstanding." Namjoon said.

"Your words too are puzzle for me. I don't know if I should solve the problems or decipher your words. It's alright.....I will find myself. Hey, by the way you are too smart and talented. Why don't you also take the exams and get out of here?" Hoseok said.

Namjoon smiled, his dimples forming on his cheeks. " I have plans, Hoseok. Future plans."