Chapter 7: Taehyung

The Unders (BTS FanFic)

"Tae, how's Heera? Is she okay? Tell me she's fine," Chaeyoung fired questions at me.

"She's fine, honestly. All she needs is some rest, although we're not entirely sure what was wrong with her," I reassured her.

"Well at least that's something," She puffed.

"So, tell me about your day at work," I smiled, trying to push aside our conversation the other day about marriage, and how much it had affected me. It didn't seem to have affected her all that much.

"Ughh don't even get me started. My idiotic boss fired me for being late, which means I'm going to have to find another stupid job, which means I'll have to talk to Hoseok about it. And he'll be annoyed at me," She whined.

"What? You got fired?" I frowned in disbelief. She nodded in confirmation.

"You want me to talk to Hoseok for you?" I asked kindly.

"Thanks, you're the best, Tae," She grinned, enveloping me in a hug. I felt a surge of love for her and hugged her back happily. I wondered if she really meant it, or if she had ever felt the extent of love that I had for her, for me.

"No problem, Chae," I whispered into her ear, before we separated. "What's the name of that boss by the way? Just so we don't get you a job in the same place," I laughed, grabbing my glass of water to take a sip.

"Min Yoongi, I think it was,"

I spat the water out and mentally blanked.

"Why? D'you know him?" She chuckled at me.

"Ehh, you could say that," I wiped my mouth. I took some tissues and cleaned up the mess I had just made. "Right, well, I'd better go talk to Hoseok hyung then," I smiled and backed out of the room quickly.

"Ah , , ," I mumbled to myself, lowering my head and ruffling my hair restlessly. I bumped into someone hard and fell backwards with a thud. "Sorry," I muttered, taking the hand outstretched towards me. "Hyung!" I exclaimed, letting go of his hand and falling for a second time.

"What's up? You're being all jittery," He commented, this time lifting me to my feet instead. "And sweary,"

"Chaeyoung lost her job!" I almost yelled it at him.

"Ah. And she's too much of a coward to tell her brother herself?" He guessed, probably correctly. Hoseok hyung could be pretty scary when he got into leader mode. "But that's why we put her as an employee under your brother, Taehyung. It'll be easy to get the same job back for her if you just talk to him," He told me.

"Yeah, well it would be easy if it was still the same. You know we can't rely on Yoongi hyung anymore, he switched sides years ago," I whined.

"Yet you still call that traitor hyung? Go beg your brother to give your fiancé's job back," He said in a much colder tone.

I sighed. "She's not even my fiancé yet, hyung." Not that I knew if she would ever be.

"Just ing ask her then already!" He shouted at me.

"I have," With that shocked look on Hoseok's face, I left to see my brother, Yoongi. The bastard I hadn't seen in years.

Once I reached Chaeyoung's work place, I knew exactly where Yoongi's office would be. The top floor of the building. I gulped as I walked up the stairs, noticing a couple of armed guys whose gazes were subtly fixed on my every movement. At that moment, I could really feel the coldness of the blades I had tucked into my trousers onto my back. Only use in an emergency I reminded myself calmly as I made my way to the door with Yoongi's name painted over the window in fancy calligraphy. I knocked three times, with force.

"What the is it now Seokj--" My brother glared at me and I gave a fake grin. He grasped my wrist and tugged me into his office.

"Hi," I breathed.

"Leave now," He growled.

"What? You're the one who pulled me in here! Besides I have to ask you for a favour," I retorted.

His scowl turned into a more reasonable expression. He could sense a deal on the horizon, and he liked getting things from other people in return. "I'm listening," Yoongi sat down in his swivel chair lazily.

"You fired a woman this morning, and I want you to give her the job back,"

"She one of your... kind?" Yoongi snarled.

"If by kind you mean Under, then yes," I sighed.

"Well, that makes things a bit more complicated then. I fired lots of people today, so I'm not quite sure who you're talking about. Care to give me a little refresher?" Yoongi was clearly taking the piss out of me, trying to wind me up so that I would act up and get into trouble with Higher law.

"Jung Chaeyoung, been working for you for nine years,"

"Whoo," Yoongi whistled. "That's pretty much from the beginning,"

"It was the beginning," I confirmed.

"So let's get right to it. What do I get in return? Just because you’re my brother, don't mean you'll get anything for free, yeah?" He leaned forward to rest his elbows on his desk.

"You'd better watch your grammar if you wanna stay in Higher," I scoffed.

"Namjoon's accepted me, he knows I used to live with you lot," He spat back at me with spite.

"I don't know exactly what you would want in return, but let's just say, I owe you one back," I moved on swiftly.

"So whatever I ask, whenever I ask, you'll do it,"

"Once, yeah," I nodded reluctantly, only now fully comprehending that I had just made a deal with the devil.

"Good," He grinned. "I'll meet her tomorrow for an interview before I decide,"