Chapter 4: Changmin

The Unders (BTS FanFic)

I watched as the Highers took that woman away. It was almost cruel, no, in fact, it was most certainly cruel. I had an urge to sell out her son, and getting Jungkook involved in the mix would just be a bonus. A lot of money would be offered for sure. Her unconscious body was dragged away, and I watched a frozen Jimin, staring at the blood trail she left behind.

I reached through the bars of my cell and tugged on a tuft of Jungkook's hair. I smirked as he whipped around with a glare plastered over his face. "What?" He asked grumpily.

"Show the kid then. I want to get a better look at him," I released his hair and waited. From what I could tell from the conversations of the Highers, this child was my half-nephew. I wanted to see just how much Namjoon had gotten into him. I would be able to tell from how much I wanted to punch him.

"Are you joking? No way man," Jungkook chuckled.

"What? Why not?!" I frowned. Jungkook instinctively moved away from the barred wall we shared, in case I made a grab for him again.

"Did you not just hear what I promised her? I can't let this boy get captured. Plus, you're the shadiest person in Purgatory,"

"Why do you even care though? It's not like you know her,"

He sighed and paused before speaking, "I'm only trying to be a good person here, nothing you would know about. I used to be an Under too, you know, and I know it's not easy there," Jungkook talked while avoiding eye contact.

"So you do know her then!" I guessed correctly judging from his silence, but pressed no further. I thought it would be fun to delve deeper on a different topic. "So, how'd you screw up then? You must have done something to end up with us Broken," I scoffed at his little backstory.

"I got caught stealing their . That's all," He shrugged.

"You sound greedy. At least there's a reason why you're down here," I rolled my eyes. "All I've done wrong is been born,"

Jungkook didn't respond, so I laid down on the floor and huffed to fill the silence. The sound of more footsteps coming into Purgatory made me sit up straight again. I saw Jungkook rearranging the blankets over the boy again.

"Haven't you all done enough today? What is it you want this time?!" Jimin stormed down the main hallway towards the Highers.

"Yah. Aren't you employed by us? We're only here to collect someone,"

"Who?"

"Kim Changmin,"

A grin burst onto my face as Jungkook looked at me completely shocked. I stood up immediately, brushing dirt off of my clothes. I was desperate to go home; back to Higher. Jimin pointed at my cell as I stretched out my hand and waved to the collector.

"You're one lucky bastard for getting out of here. I don't know why you're so important, or why Jacheol has called you back, and to be honest, I don't care, so don't bother talking to me,"

"Oh, ok, cool," I nodded thoughtfully as he unlocked my door. "So, what's your name?" I smirked. I saw Jungkook face-palm out of the corner of my eye and I shrugged.

"Don't make me shoot you," He growled at me, flashing his gun.

I stood my ground. "You can't do that and you know it. You couldn't even do it to that woman earlier. You only had the guts to knock her out, and since I weigh more, I'm guessing you won't be able to drag me back on your own," I retorted smugly.

He bit the inside of his cheek and paused. "Min Yoongi. Now come on," He spat.

I followed Min Yoongi out of Purgatory, gleefully waving goodbye to the other Broken, making sure to blow a kiss to Jungkook and that child, who may or may not turn out to be my relative. Least to say, neither of them were very impressed by my farewells.

When we arrived at Higher, I couldn't exactly say that it was just as I remembered it. Because I don't remember it at all. To me, it just looked like a bunch of fancy industrial buildings, with a massive housing estate in the middle. It was more than I had seen in my entire life. Yoongi led me to the biggest house in the estate, and I could see someone looking at me from the third floor window. Creepy person.

"Welcome home, Mr. Kim,"

"Oh my god, these guys have a freaking butler, Yoongi!" I exclaimed, grabbing his shoulder. He shook me off pretty quickly though.

An older looking man walked down the stairs with the air of a king or something. "Changmin, my son. It's great to see you all grown up. Although you do need a new wardrobe,"

"Appa?!"

"It's Jacheol," He stated bluntly.

"Got it," I smiled. I couldn't afford to be rejected as soon as I arrived. "May I ask why I've been brought back? Has something happened?"

Jacheol ignored me. He turned towards the butler instead, and asked, "Where is Namjoon? He ought to be present to welcome his brother home,"

"Half-brother, father," Namjoon called down from upstairs, coming down slowly. "But I do appreciate your effort to establish a relationship between us," He said bitterly. It was the creepy guy from the window.

This didn't seem as fun as I thought it would be. The three of us, as well as Yoongi and the butler, went into the living room and sat down. The tension was a little too high for my liking.

"Now, let's settle things, hey? Look, I'm going to be straight with the two of you. Changmin, the only reason why you're here is because Namjoon ed up - quite literally. And, Namjoon, the only reason why you're not in Purgatory right now, is because we still need to find your illegitimate son,"

Namjoon shifted uncomfortably, and that was understandable, assuming that most of this was against his will. Jacheol's glare was fixated upon me now, and I pointed at myself. "Me?"

"Yes, you. You have been in Purgatory far too long for my liking, and I need to know that I can trust you,"

I frowned and he sighed. "Bring them in," Jacheol clicked his fingers at the butler, who instantly brought two women into the room. Even Yoongi looked confused.

"This is Jisoo. And this is her sister-in-law, Yejin. I want you t--"

"Sir, please don't," Yoongi stepped forward.

"Don't interrupt me. If you have the inclination to do so again, then you are free to leave," Jacheol offered. I found it quite funny that Yoongi took up his offer and left the room. I chuckled and Jacheol smirked.

"Oh, you won't find this next part quite as amusing,"

"Come on, what do you mean to do to these poor women?" Namjoon sighed.

"Changmin," Jacheol shifted to face me. "To prove your trust and loyalty to me, I want you to shoot Jisoo, and Yejin too,"

I stammered a few unintelligible noises and my eyes went wide. Whimpers could be heard from Yejin and the older one, Jisoo, tried to hush her as best as she could. This was an extremely concerning situation. "Jacheol... I can't just do that!" I shouted, standing up as he held out a gun. "I can't kill them! This is against the law,"

"You do realise that I make the laws. Therefore, I have the power to change them too," He shrugged. His mouth twitched upwards as I feebly took the gun. I held it loosely in my hand, and sighed. This man was stubborn, and I was sure he wouldn't give in.

"Listen, Jacheol, sir, please spare Yejin. You can shoot me," Jisoo didn't dare look up to make eye contact with him.

Jacheol snapped his fingers once more, and the butler's head snapped up along with the sound, "Call for Seokjin to take Yejin to Purgatory,"

"No no no, please, unnie," Yejin glanced between Jisoo and Jacheol desperately.

"It's better than death, love," Jacheol smiled, trying to be comforting, but frankly, it was just plain disturbing.

"But sir, Seokjin is currently interrogating Heera under your instruction,"

"Then get Yoongi to do it! What do I care?!" He yelled and the butler made a hasty exit.

"Where are you holding her?" Namjoon got out of his seat and it all fell into place. That's who they found in Purgatory. That kid there is Namjoon's and that woman Heera's. That's why she's being questioned. They still need to find their son, and I know where he is.

The thoughts sunk in as I found Jacheol in my face yelling, "What are you waiting for?! Just do it already god dammit!!"

I glanced around the room and pressed the gun against Jisoo's head. She closed her eyes tight, and I could hear Yejin begging for it to all stop. I shut my eyes too, and pulled the trigger, jumping at the shot. It was silence and I opened my eyes carefully. I stared at her, unable to move, as blood gushed from her wound and Yejin's screams filled the room. Blood flowed out of her limp body and splattered onto the floor. It seeped into every corner of the room and ruined the once beauty of the manor by the gore of red, flowing blood.

"What the actual ?! I didn't think you'd really do it!" Jacheol shouted. Namjoon covered his mouth with his hands and backed up into the wall.

I collapsed to my knees next to Jisoo in shock.

The doors of the living room burst open to reveal a very out of breath man. He looked at Jisoo and then at me, before running up and taking a swing at me, punching me square in the jaw and knocking me backwards. He took my place next to the lifeless Jisoo, and Yejin crawled her way over to him.

What had I just done?