Chapter 17: Chaeyoung

The Unders (BTS FanFic)

I held Heesung like my life depended on it. I wept with him too, tears streaming down both of our faces. There was no reason for any of them to die. I thought I knew Yoongi better. I thought he would be better than that.

Changmin stumbled up to his feet, leaning on the wall. “You prick! You weren’t meant to kill him!” He spluttered, looking around frantically, avoiding to look at Jungkook’s body. I didn’t think that he actually cared about him. Changmin began laughing madly. “Well, it’s tough luck for you now Yoongi. That little fairy-tale ending you wanted with this one won’t ever happen,” He pointed at me. “If she’s looking after Heesung, the boy’ll never look you in the eyes. He’ll never forgive you. He’d rather live with me that even breathe the same air as you! And that means you’ll --“

I gasped as Changmin slumped to the floor. Blood splattered over the wall, on Heesung’s face, and on mine too. I was shaking so much that I wasn’t really holding Heesung anymore. He was gripping onto me.

“ENOUGH!” Hoseok ordered. “I told you Changmin. Not Jungkook,” Hoseok sighed, rubbing his temples.

“It’s not my fault he got in the way of my gun,” He shrugged. My mouth dropped open at his coldness.

“None of this should have happened,” I muttered.

“Well, if people weren’t already petrified, they sure will be now after more gun shots - And don’t you dare shrug your shoulders at me!” Hoseok yelled, before swearing through a tired sigh.

“He’s right,” Taehyung murmured.

I allowed Taehyung to lead me out of the room, Heesung attached to my neck, still crying. I rubbed his back gently.

“I guess Changmin was right then, huh!? You run off back to your safety net, to Taehyung, the one you’ve never truly loved, and leave me behind. Go do it Chaeyoung,” Yoongi shouted.

“Yeah, Changmin was right. But he missed out a detail. Just like Heesung will never be able to look at you, I won’t be able to either,”

“,”

I choked on a wail and tears as I hurriedly exited the room, Taehyung behind me.

“Don’t call my sister that,” I heard Hoseok say. The sound of punches followed. I just kept walking down the corridor, my grip tightening on Heesung.

“Hey, do you even know where you’re going Chae?” I heard Taehyung call me from behind. I stopped in my tracks and he caught up.

I slumped down against the wall just as Changmin had done earlier and sobbed. “I just want to go to sleep…”

Taehyung helped me stand back up, prying Heesung off of me and holding him with one arm instead. His other arm wrapped around my waist and supported me. I couldn’t help but wonder if what Yoongi said was true. I never thought that I was using Tae, or that I was a . I didn’t even know if I liked Yoongi at all anymore.

“You can always use me,” Taehyung said. I looked up expecting his familiar smile, but all I got was a sincere and sad face. I nodded, and Taehyung helped me onto a bed. A big king-sized one I’d never even seen before. I reached out for Heesung, who quickly snuggled up to my side.

“I’ll be on the sofa if you need anything,”

I didn’t want him to leave. “Tae,” I whispered. I patted on the bed, where there was still plenty of space. He sat down comfortably, wiping some tears off of Heesung’s small face. I smiled.

“What is it?” He asked quietly.

“I think I need you,”

“Okay,”

I closed my eyes.