Chapter 18: Heesung

The Unders (BTS FanFic)

“I don’t know if you know who I am, but… I’m kind of a big deal round here,” I smiled at Sohee. She wasn’t even sparing a glance at me.

“Yah. I sit next to you in class almost every day and you’re fine. But now we’re outside, you’re ignoring me?”

She laughed and turned to face me. “So what exactly is your point?”

“Uh…well, I --“

She pointed at the bus coming up the road. “My bus,”

“Ah, right,” I sighed.

“I’ll see you tomorrow. Hopefully you’ll figure out what to say by then,” She grinned at me knowingly. I smiled back like a fool. I watched the bus drive away.

“What was that about?! You can’t start seducing girls yet! Chae won’t like it, you’re too young!”

“But Tae, I am seventeen now,” I scoffed.

“Don’t Tae me. It’s hyung to you mister. Anyway, get in the car,”

I glanced over and saw Yoongi in the passenger seat. “What the actual fu--“

“Fudge cake. Exactly. I know it’s awful, he’s in the shotgun seat!” Taehyung gave a quick smile.

“Hyung, why is he in your car?”

“I’m helping him,”

“I don’t care how many times he’s apologised to me or Chaeyoung, but I refuse to get in the car with him, and I will never forgive him,”

“I don’t care how popular you are at school because you’re in the history textbooks, but you don’t get to be stubborn with me. I’m helping him because he wants help. He wants to get better. He wants to be happy again. He wants to be accepted and loved again.” Taehyung paused, and I avoided eye contact. “Aish, just get in the damn car!”

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

“I saw that young man,”

“You’re worse than Chaeyoung, hyung,”

“Darn right I am, so hurry up,”

I sighed once more and clambered into the backseat, dumping my back on the seat beside me. I wish I’d just offered to accompany Sohee home on the bus, then I wouldn’t be stuck in this hell hole.

“Hi Heesung,” Yoongi spoke quietly. He waited for a response, to which there was none. He wasn’t worth my time anymore.

“I don’t expect you to speak. I just want to let you know that when I come back from this… whatever it is, I hope you might consider talking to me,”

I glared at the back of his head. My eyes widened as he twisted around with a smirk on his face. “Just putting it out there for future reference,”

Taehyung got in the driver’s seat and started the car. “If the treatment isn’t for you hyung, you can always come home and try something different,” Taehyung spoke to Yoongi.

“Or don’t bother coming home and try something different on your own,” I murmured through gritted teeth. The car was quiet for the rest of the journey. Yoongi got out of the car and was met by a couple of people a few metres away. He waved goodbye and Tae waved back before driving us back home again.

“You can’t say that to Yoongi,” Taehyung hissed, eyeing me with the rear-view mirror.

“And why not?” I frowned.

“You have no ing clue what sort of hell he went through. You weren’t even born during the tough times,” Taehyung said.

“Ha, you’re defending him now? I thought he betrayed you and pledged allegiance to Higher,” I scoffed.

“He never betrayed me,”

“You’re in denial,”

“Shut up! Don’t you get it?! Do you have any idea how much it must’ve cost to transfer to Higher? You know that they were all meant to be killed!”

“Then why isn’t he dead already?”

“Your dad trusted him!” Taehyung stopped the car. We were already home. I could see him wipe his cheeks, before getting out of the car. I followed him, the both of us pushing past Chaeyoung, who had opened the door for us.

“My god, it’s like I’m living with two teenagers,” She huffed.

I went straight to my room and skipped dinner. Even when Chae knocked I pretended to be asleep. The one thing I did do though was write a letter. There was no other way to contact him. I had the picture of mum, dad, and I beside me the whole time.

Yoongi,

Tae told me my dad trusted you. I hope it’s true; otherwise I’ll cut all ties with you - again. I want to know everything about my family… about Under, Higher, and Purgatory. I know you’ve been in all three. If you have any pictures I’d appreciate it if I could see them one day.

I’m trying to trust you for the first time in my life. I guess I’m sorry for treating you like too.

Heesung

Two weeks later, I got a letter. It contained three pictures, all numbered, annotations written on the back of them. I ordered them and flipped them over to see the writing.

Alright Heesung, you asked for this. Now you’re gonna get my whole life story and nothing less. This is just an intro to your parents. Congrats on finally trusting someone kid. Thanks too for making it me, I guess.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. The first picture was of Yoongi and my dad arm in arm, smiling as if they were laughing. The photo was labelled ‘Namjoon’s stag night,’

I laughed and took hold of the next one. I held it lightly. It was mum and dad, both grinning, and both pointing at her belly. She was pregnant. It read ‘Baby number one!’ but had the number one part crossed out, making me laugh.

The last photograph didn’t have dad in it. It was mum, Chae, and, I think, me. ‘Appa couldn’t make it today, but he’ll be here for you next week baby!’ I smiled sadly. He was already distancing himself when I was born.

The last little piece of paper was from Yoongi again

Visiting hours are 9am-11am. I’d like it if you’d drop by.

I thought that might be nice.

A/N: 
This is the last chapter and I can't believe it's over so soon! Thank you all so much for reading and sticking with the story <3
I hope you liked it :)