Chapter 5: Seokjin

The Unders (BTS FanFic)

We were walking towards the building hand in hand. I still felt a little giddy whenever we were close together, even if that did sound a bit pathetic. I just loved her so.

"What are you looking at?" Jisoo asked me with a slight smile.

"Nothing, just you really," I admitted. She laughed at me and I joined her. We were outside the two buildings already. She went left into the university, and I went right into the laboratory. As her hand slipped out of mine, I felt an urge to grab it back.

Jisoo noticed. "I've got to be on time for work, there is no excuse for a teacher to be late when I scold the students for it!" She grinned.

"I guess you are right... I'll see you at dinner," I sighed. I did not know why, but it was extra difficult to leave her today, especially after the way she had been acting this morning, staying in the bathroom for too long, refusing to let me come in. I was worried.

"Yep, have a good day at work! I love you," She pecked my cheek.

"Love you too," I waved as she turned and walked to the left.

I entered the lab and saw that today's patient had already been strapped into the complex gurney setup. I could see her eyes moving beneath their lids, and I knew she was waking up. I took a deep breath and prepared myself mentally for what I was about to do and say to her. She was on the stretcher, tilted up slightly, with restraints around her arms, legs, hands, and feet. There was a neck one too, but I was only going to use it if she struggled too much, or endangered anyone in the room. There were a few medical officials gathered around her, to take notes on her responses to Vitarum, batch 2061.

It was a little scary that this drug, or some previous version of it, had been tested on 2060 people prior to this woman. But as the administrator, I was used to it. Heck, probably over half of those people have been injected by me - not that it is something to be proud of.

She stirred some more, and her eyes flickered open, her head lilting from side to side in a wave like motion. Then the panic hit her almost instantly, along with writhing, and quickened breath.

"Where am I? What's going on? And why am I tied up?" She looked up at me, her eyes glossy. I felt bad, I really did, but when in a room full of medicinal experts, I could not exactly back out.

"It will all be fine. What is your name?" I lied shamefully. I already knew who she was. She's Namjoon's wife. Or ex-wife I suppose, considering she's been an Under for over seven years. I did not know their current relationship status, and I doubt they did either. I knew all of this, yet I did not know her name.

"Heera," She replied in a whisper.

"Alright then Heera, we just have a small vaccine here. It is to make sure that you're protected from viruses that are in Higher, that you may not have been previously exposed to in Under," I smiled comfortingly.

"You're lying," She squinted at me, her anger evident. I became slightly lost for words as she continued to talk. "Firstly, vaccines don't have any effect on viruses, only bacterium and fungi. Secondly, I used to live in Higher, so I have been exposed to every disease in Under and Higher too. So, would you kindly tell me what you are about to inject into me, please?"

I glanced around, hoping for someone else in the room would answer, but there was only silence. I could tell her the truth, but I had always been strongly advised not to. "It will only feel like a scratch," I said plainly, as I approached slowly.

Heera violently thrashed around in her restraints, yelling, "Get away from me!"

Two doctors from the side fastened the last strap around her neck and I sighed. I rested the needle at the higher portion of the back of her neck, along the edge of her hairline. "Scratch," I said, pushing the long needle all the way in, and injecting the Vitarum. She had gone into the pleading phase, tears falling out of her eyes, and sobs falling out of .

"SEOKJIN,"

I jumped and pulled out the syringe suddenly, causing Heera to yelp in pain. "Sorry," I hissed at my carelessness. "What, Yoongi?!!"

"You gotta go, it's your sister, and Jisoo too, he's got them both," He leaned against the door frame, out of breath.

"Huh?" I was frozen.

"Jacheol's got your sister and your wife, and he's ordering their deaths, go! Now!" Yoongi ran up to me, shouting in my face.

Then I sprinted. It was my turn to cry. How could he? I couldn't have been any more loyal. I've done every single petty little request he has asked of me. And this is how he repays me. They are the two only innocent people in Higher, and they do not deserve to die.

I reached the front gate of the mansion, and rang the doorbell until the door was opened. I ran past whoever had opened the door, probably knocking them over. I pushed off the walls of the house, rounding corners frantically until I heard them pleading in fear.

I placed my hands on the door to the living room and flung them open.

Then there was a gunshot.

I saw the man holding the gun instantly, and proceeded to hit him square in the jaw, holding back from ruthlessly smashing his skull in. I hesitated for a moment as my blood boiled in pure rage, and I almost did it.

Instead, I dropped to my knees and crawled over to Jisoo, wrapping my arms tightly around her, just as I did this morning, only this time, there was no response. Yejin was soon by my side.

I looked up to the ceiling and screamed.