Chapter 3: Heera

The Unders (BTS FanFic)

"Heera, you've got to get out of here, they're looking for you. And Heesung," Chaeyoung burst into my room. I shot up from my lying position on my bed, and wrapped Heesung protectively in my arms as he ran to me. Fear was etched over his face.

I watched Chaeyoung, almost paralysed, as she pulled a few guns out of the chest of drawers and tossed one onto my bed. "Heera, I said get out of here!" She yelled at me again. "Get yourself together, for Heesung's sake at least," She shook me by the shoulders and I stood up. I counted a one, two, three for Heesung, as I lifted him up and he hooked his arms around my neck.

"But, where should I go?" I whispered nervously.

"Purgatory," Chaeyoung saw my mouth agape and hushed me, continuing. "Trust me. Jimin's a guard down there; he'll let you hide until the Highers are gone. They'll never go there," Chaeyoung reassured me as much as herself, shoving me towards the door, and shoving a gun into the waistband of my jeans. "Go!"

I gulped and exited the room, clutching my whimpering son tight. I couldn't ignore the gunshots or the screams either. I just had to keep our child alive. That was all I needed to do, and I would die to do it. Namjoon would never forgive me if he died.

Namjoon told me they'd never know, but it seems as though they do now. He always wrote letters to me. I'd walk with Heesung down to the message office to pick up the letters, usually once a week. But I went more frequently when I got no letters. I still wrote, asking whether he was okay, but I got nothing in return. I just hoped that he hadn't left us without saying a word.

Whenever Heesung asks who his appa is, so that he can give an answer to his friends at school, I never know how to respond. I can't tell him his father's Namjoon, the new leader of Higher. I would be looked down upon; so would Namjoon. And I always feared that this would happen. The truth would come out, and Heesung would be hunted down like a wild animal. The only two people who know are Chaeyoung and her mother. I had a horrible sense that her and Hoseok's parents died because of me.

"Eomma, where are we going?" Heesung asked with a shaky voice.

"Somewhere new, just for a while. We'll be home again before you know it," I his hair as a tear slid down my cheek. I couldn't let him die.

The entrance was just opposite us. All we had to do was cross the road. I hoisted Heesung into a more secure position and sprinted as fast as I could.

I screamed in agony as a bullet found its way through my thigh. Heesung began screaming too. I fell forwards making sure not to land on my son. My breath became ragged as I looked at my wound. I panicked upon seeing all he blood. I couldn't even locate the bullet wound. There was just blood. And more shots were being fired.

I gasped for air and strength, and grabbed Heesung once more, hobbling over to the gates, lurching the two of us to the other side. I pushed through the gates, groaning as another bullet hit just above my ankle on the same leg.

I shut the gates behind us, and looked at a teary eyed seven year old. "Heesung, I know you're scared and worried, but you have you go get Jimin. Can you do that for eomma please?"

"No, eomma, I can't leave you like this," He wailed and grasped onto my hands, and I felt like my heart was going to be shot too.

I kissed his forehead and cried, "You have to go, now,"

He did. I watched him leave. "," I sighed. They knew I was injured and they knew where we were. It would only be a matter of time. They would call reinforcements, and that would be it. I crawled my way through the corridors, passing the cell-like rooms where Broken were kept under lock and key.

Most were asleep, but several had woken up by the noise outside, and the noise that I had made. I think they were either too shocked to speak, or smart enough to know not to get involved with someone who had been shot at by a Higher.

I kept assuring myself that Namjoon didn't know this was happening. Surely he wouldn't let his son get shot at. I hoped he wouldn't let them shoot at me either. But I couldn't help but wonder if he did tell his father. We all knew Jacheol could be extremely persuasive. Maybe Namjoon's life had been threatened.

Or maybe he had no idea this was going on.

"Holy Heera!" Jimin appeared through another corridor with Heesung stood slightly behind him.

"Jimin, shut up for a sec and listen to me, I'm not repeating myself again," After I saw him nod in silence, I continued gratefully. "Highers are outside searching for Heesung and me. I've been shot, and that's fine," I saw his concerned expression. "Honestly I'm fine. Please, hide Heesung for me. Please don't let them find him. I'll go off with them--"

"No!" Heesung shouted.

"Heesung, listen to your eomma when I say hide. Jimin will help, won't you?" I stared up at him, and he crouched down to my level.

"Of course Heera," He gulped. "You know what it's like to be employed by Higher. I'll always be an Under,"

"You got that one right. Thank you, I'll pay you back for this. If I... when I come back, whenever you need a favour, just call," I smiled at him and hugged my son. For all I knew, it was for the last time.

Jimin took Heesung's hand and stood up properly.

"Jimin, you can hide him in here, with me," Someone in the cell next to us called out.

"Are you sure you can do that? I don't know," Jimin turned to face the young man, and so did I. I pulled myself towards him using the bars of his cell, and spoke quickly as I heard the gates being bashed in.

"What's your name? Quick,"

"Jungkook," He replied.

"Can I trust you?"

"Yes," He stared at me so seriously that I questioned who he was even further in my mind.

"If my son dies here, I'm holding you personally responsible, got it?" I asked. I slipped the handgun out of my waistband and handed it to Jungkook.

"Yes," Jungkook looked me in the eyes and I sniffed, watching Jimin pass Heesung over to him. "I promise I'll protect him. As if I'm his older brother," Jungkook told me sincerely, and I shook his hand, beginning to cry again.

"Thank you," I whispered, recoiling from his cell as I heard the gates break. I glanced as Jungkook hid Heesung under his bed covers and sat in front of the bed, hiding well.

I e last time to Jimin. "Go down the corridor you came from, and once I scream, enter as if you've been sprinting to catch me. Don't try anything to save me, and for god's sake, make sure Heesung lives," I ordered him, and he ran off. I mouthed thank you to Jungkook one last time, and he smiled weakly.

Highers surrounded me instantly, and everyone was watching. One approached me, and prodded my head with their machine gun. I raised my head and glared at him.

"Gosh, you seem feisty. You lasted for quite a while, even with the two bullets," He laughed and looked me up and down. "I can see why Namjoon liked you," He grinned and rustled up my hair with his gun. He lowered his face to mine, and I spat at him. He groaned and wiped my spit off his face with his sleeve. I smirked slightly and he noticed.

"I should kill you right now," The gun was firmly on my forehead now.

"I dare you," I taunted, wrapping my fingers around his, which were on the trigger.

"Why, you little bi--"

"Yoongi, back off," Another instructed.

Yoongi cocked his head to one side, evidently pissed off by the situation, and by the fact that he wasn't allowed to shoot me. I smiled at him and he hit my jaw with the back of his gun. I hit the floor hard, my vision blurring.

"The hell, Yoongi?! We needed to question her!"

"Not my fault she's an idiot,"

"But it is your fault for knocking her almost unconscious!" Someone knelt by my side and waved his hand in front of my face. "Where's your son? Kim Heesung?" He asked.

I stirred and opened my mouth. "Go yourself," I slurred.

"See, Seokjin!? It's no use; she's a complete idiot,"

And then it went black.