Chapter 6: Chaeyoung

The Unders (BTS FanFic)

I was walking towards the Higher complexes, about to start another mundane day of so-called work. Also known as spying for Under. Not that it's helping much, since nothing out of the ordinary tends to happen in a clothing factory.

I stole a glance at my watch and noticed I would be late if I didn't hurry up. I started to jog a little just to make sure I was on time. The other employees had told me horror stories about the punishments you'd receive, and I was not going to willingly give an invitation.

I screamed as someone grasped my ankle and looked down on the concrete pavement in utter shock.

"Heera?!!" I knelt down beside her immediately. Her eyes were swollen; she was shaking uncontrollably, and could only make out unintelligible noises as she attempted to reply to me. I wiped my own eyes as I saw my powerful best friend lying helpless on the street.

"Come on, we've gotta get out of Higher. You'll be okay, Heera," I whispered desperately as I hauled her up to her knees. She collapsed over my shoulder, and I heaved her over my back as gently as I could.

Then I began to run. I ignored everyone I passed; whether they were Higher, Under, or Broken was irrelevant. I didn't care how I got her home; I only cared about her health, because I knew that she was sick. I ran into Under yelling for my brother. "HOSEOK!" I just kept repeating his name as I lowered Heera onto the bed in our infirmary.

Taehyung burst through the door instead, and I sighed. He locked eyes on me and only me. "Chae, are you okay? What happened?" His wide eyes of innocence stared at me.

"Either get me some water for Heera, or get out and bring Hoseok," I said, wiping some blood off of her neck to reveal a puncture wound. A messy injection wound. "Okay, Heera, let's sit up, yeah?" I soothed, as Taehyung passed me a cup of water and a cloth. I dabbed the cold water over her burning hot face. I tilted the cup upwards while resting the edge of it on her lips so that she could drink.

"What d'you think's wrong with her?" Taehyung asked me.

"I don't know Tae," I breathed, "But it's gotta be something to do with that needle mark," I pointed to Heera's neck. I noticed her breaths had become more normal, and that calmed me down a little.

"What're you doing here?" Hoseok peered around the door, rushing in when he saw Heera. Appa was our doctor, and since he was gone now, Hoseok was the next best. "Chaeyoung, go to work, you're late,"

"But--"

"She'll be fine, I promise,"

"That's a promise you'd better keep," I warned him. I took one last look at her, and Taehyung took my hand in his. He squeezed my hand, telling me, "Don't worry,"

I frowned sadly, shook him off, and started my journey again, my thoughts swirling around, none of them good. What had those bastards done to her? Would she ever be the same again? There's this one picture of her, Namjoon and Heesung in our room. I want her to be able to recreate that one day soon. And it's gonna happen.

"You're late,"

"Huh?" I looked up.

"You're so screwed unless you have a flawless excuse," My pretty co-worker scoffed. "Oh, and here he comes, get ready for the worst," She smiled sarcastically, smoothing down her hair as he approached our desks.

"How on earth did you manage to be over half an hour late?" He asked me, checking his watch. I knew he wasn't the boss here; he was more of an understudy.

"Sorry, I was... helping a friend," I told him sincerely. Not that he took it that way.

"That is not good enough; you are in serious trouble,"

I raised my eyebrows at him, trying to convey the message; I really don't give a , across to him. A door from the second floor slammed as the main man of the company strode down the stairs with a smirk, hands in his pockets. I scowled at him, though he didn't even spare me a glance. He walked straight over to one of the female employees, probably to flirt with her.

"Yoongi, this one's extremely late," The understudy who had been talking to me sighed.

"So what? Just fire her already Seokjin," Yoongi shrugged.

Presumably Seokjin glared at me. "You heard him, get out," He cast me a scathing look as I turned around to exit. I was not in the mood to deal with these Highers. Right now, I cared more about what was going on in Under, and later, I would get my revenge on as many Highers as I could point my gun at.