Chapter 12: Yejin

The Unders (BTS FanFic)

"Jimin, what is going on?" I whispered, watching him load up a rifle.

"Can you not hear that?! Those are guns firing, no doubt about it," He replied, his breath unsteady.

"Well, what are you going to do about us all? We are still locked up here, and will most likely die, since Broken are on neither on Higher's nor Under's side. Neutral is not always good," I scoffed, trying desperately to convince him to let us out of these horrible cells.

He had one of those conflicted expressions on his face, pouting and puffing up his cheeks with air, and of course, furrowed eyebrows to top it all off. "I'm sorry, I have to talk about it with Hoseok first," He sighed and shook his head at me. "But if it was down to me, you'd be outta here in a second,"

"Thanks," I half-smiled, still rather concerned with the noises from above.

As Jimin was trying to contact Hoseok over radio, the main gate to Purgatory creaked open slowly. The majority of the inmates backed up in the far corner of their cells, and I did the same. A brick wall was against my back, and Jungkook's cell barrier was to my side. Heesung stretched a hand through the bars and held my own. I did not know who was comforting who more. I tried not to grip too harshly on the young boy's hand, but this was intense.

Jimin covered his body with the wall, but edged his rifle around the corner, aimed at the intruder, who was no longer stealthy or quiet.

"Please don't shoot! I'm just here to see my sister!" I recognised it as Seokjin's voice immediately, and I died a little inside. How stupid could he be to risk his life to see me? I let go of Heesung's hand and moved up to the front bars.

"Who's your sister?"

"Kim Yejin," He gulped.

Jimin snapped around and frowned at me. He mouthed 'really?' at me, and I nodded reluctantly. He put the gun down and my brother came round the corner, his eyes darting around in search of me, presumably.

His face lit up with an infectious smile, but I could not help but notice how frail, thin, and tired he looked. He had obviously been having a hard time dealing with Jisoo's death, and it killed me that I wasn't even there to help him through it.

"Are you okay?" Seokjin asked me.

I could see the tears b in his eyes and I held up my finger, "You had better not cry now, do not do it!" I said, because otherwise I knew I would break down too.

"Okay, I promise," He smiled again. I wondered why he kept smiling at me, considering this whole situation.

"Go back to Higher while you can," I whispered, just in case him being a Higher would trigger anyone in this uncomfortably confined space.

"I cannot go back. I am going to talk to the leader of Under and try and sort something out there," Seokjin's smile faded and he would not meet my eyes.

I opened my mouth trying to search for something to say, or how to say what I wanted to say at least. "But, ha, wait a second. So, you are just going to throw away your life in Higher? Do you know how many people would kill to be where you are?" I was almost laughing at him.

"I cannot tolerate it any longer. Not after what happened. She was pregnant; Jisoo,"

I gasped and staggered back. "Do not believe whatever lies they have told you," I denied it and he shook his head.

"That is not even the half of it... Just look what I have done to so many innocent people. Are you even aware of what I have done?" He choked on his own words.

"What...what on earth are you talking about Seokjin?" I asked quietly.

"All those experiments we do in the lab, they are done on people. You know all those people who mysteriously go missing in Higher, Under, and Purgatory? They go to the lab, they get injected, and a hell of a lot of them die. Even the Jungs were not truly electrocuted. That was just a publicity stunt. They had been forcefully overdosed with Vitarum before they were even put in those fake chairs. I forcefully overdosed them. I do not even know how many people I have killed - no - murdered, so yes, I cannot bare another day in that ing laboratory," He vented out the truth, and I was taken aback.

"I never knew that," I gulped, glancing at Jimin, who had heard the entire speech loud and clear. I needed to trust him more than ever in this moment. I had to trust that he would not tell this to Hoseok if they got in contact.

"Yejin," My focus returned to my brother and he continued, "I kind of wish Changmin had shot me instead," He chuckled.

I grabbed his shoulders through the bars separating us. "Don't you dare say that," I spat, a mixture of anger and nerves washing over me.

He turned around to Jimin and asked, "Is this what it feels like to go insane?"

I gasped and clapped my hand over my mouth, looking at the ceiling to keep my tears in. I backed up against the wall once more.

"I'll talk to Hoseok," Jimin muttered.