✧ chapter eight

✧ the prom committee — can i have this dance?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joongdong High School | Official School Page

— ❐ X ← → ↻

www.joongdong.com/chapter-8

★ ≡

✤ Home

✤ School

✤ Students

✤ Cheatsheet

✤ Reviews

Chapter Eight

i think i'm falling in love with you

It was almost seven thirty in the morning at the Sung family estate. With it being only a week until prom, things were beginning to become more and more hectic than ever before. Sumin had just finished her morning breakfast omlette when the usual Myungjun "good morning" text came in. Though she didn't mean to, Sumin couldn't help but smile. This wasn't just any smile though, no, it was one of those lovesick smiles that you get when you when have practically fallen for someone. Sumin looked over Myungjun's text about three times, looking at his usage of emojis made her giggle a little bit. "Young love," A voice spoke suddenly, causing Sumin to whip around. A couple feet behind her was her father along with his usual morning coffee. "I know it's your boyfriend, no need to tell me otherwise based on your facial expression." Just her father's simple observation had caused Sumin's cheeks to flush a deep red. Was she that obvious with her emotions now? "Oh, and I know your relationships fake. I'm not that dumb, by the way." That was when Sumin suddenly felt as if she had just been slammed into a brick wall. Fake? Dropping her phone on the ground, Sumin turned and looked at her father in complete shock. How did he know?! "Bring him here after your done with school and committee activities, I'd like to speak to the both of you." And with that Sumin's father made his exit from the kitchen, eventually leaving the house all together. Quickly picking up her phone, throwing her backpack on as well as her shoes, Sumin quickly made her way outside. Opening the car door with speed, Sumin climbed inside where her driver, Junho, had already been waiting. "Miss Sumin, are you alright?" Junho asked, a bit concerned at Sumin's flustered and otherwise rushed behavior. "Yes, I just need to get to school asap." Sumin looked at Junho with a dead serious expression. With a smirk, Junho buckled up himself before turning on the vehicle. "Hold on tight." He warned as he quickly went as fast as he could without going over the speed limit.

The usual twenty minute turned into ten as Junho pulled up to Joongdong High School. "Thanks Junho! I'll see you later, I will be bringing someone with me after school so be prepared for an extra person." Sumin quickly said before exiting the vehicle as quickly as she could. "Have a good day!" Junho called out, looking at Sumin with a humorous expression on his face. As Junho drove off, Sumin made her way inside the building and to her locker. Quickly getting the books she needs, Sumin rushed to Mr. Lee's first period Science class. Inside, Myungjun had already been sitting at his assigned seat. He was snacking on a cookie, one that read "Vote 4 Jiae" with a crown made out of icing; Sumin could tell it was obviously made by Sungmi. "Myungjun," Sumin spoke out of breath, with Myungjun looking up at her with concern. "We have a problem." Sumin sighed as she began to recount what had happened just this morning, causing Myungjun to choke on his cookie out of shock. Being the fast person she is, Sumin quickly began to pat Myungjun's back to help stop from choking. "He knows we're faking it? But how?" He questioned, confused that Sumin's father had seen through their stellar acting performances of being in a relationship whenever he appeared. "I'm not sure, he must have figured it out on his own. I don't think we messed up or anything..." Sumin sighed, having wondered herself as to how her father had figured out the entire relationship was a sham. "Well, he's probably super smart, he is your dad afterall. You had to of gotten your brains from somewhere." Myungjun joked as he poked the side of Sumin's head, suggesting that her father being really smart was the reason how he found out. Myungjun took Sumin's hand in his with a smile as Sumin's face became red again. "Quit messing around, just meet me after the committee meeting so that we can go see my dad, alright?" Sumin lightly coughed, trying to shake her flustered feelings. "Roger that, princess." Myungjun winked as he went back to eating his cookie, the one he had yet to finished.

It wasn't long until the school day had yet again come to end, signaling that most of the students and staff could go home. However, there was some who had to stay behind whether it was for work, club duties, or if you were on the prom committee. Sumin and Myungjun entered the event hall together, seeing how the prom set-up was almost completed. Making their way to Ms. Ahn, the two approached her despite her busy and usual frantic natu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter