Reality

The Last of Us

"KRRRRIIINGGGG!"

Goddamnit! I grabbed my phone and took a look at the clock displayed on the lockscreen. Ah, it's only 6.45 am what's the rush?

....Wait. 6.45 am? 6.45AM?! I quickly rubbed my eyes that it felt like my eyes gonna pop out from their sockets and jumped on my feet as fast as I can.

WHERE IS MY TOWEL?? I CAN'T FREAKING FIND IT, I yelled to myself as I rummaged through the pile of my clothes. There you are, I sighed.

I jumped into the bathroom and took a quick shower. "I'm going to be late AGAIN!" I kept jumping in the bathroom as I brushed my teeth and almost slipped and fell on my . As if that's going to make everything faster, duh.

I got out of the bathroom as fast as I could and grabbed my uniform. As I walked in front of my small vanity table, I took a look at my face. Oh...my face...thank God there's no pimples that had decided to grow on my face. You know, when you didn't get enough sleep the night before, your skin will officially become acne-prone skin. Or maybe it's just my skin...Eh, enough ranting, I should get ready for work!

After brushing my shoulder-length hair, I took my lip balm and applied it on my soft lips. Ugh my lips are all cracked as the result of the cold weather. Checking my look in front of the mirror, I was now all ready to go!

I looked at my watch and my eyes widen. 7.15am?? How was I supposed to get to my workplace in 15 minutes? Catching a bus is not easy, I mean, the next bus is going to come on 7.30 am! 'I'm going to be late, I'm so done', I looked down to my feet, clad in shiny black court shoes. 

I walked to the bus stop that's located not far from my house. I rented the house so that I wouldn't take long to go to my workplace and to my college. My old family house is located far from Seoul. Step by step, just wasting my time before the next bus come, I enjoyed the fresh air in the morning. Here in Seoul, it's better to travel by public transports. For me. Since I'm not that wealthy.

I hugged my body when I almost reached the bus stop. The coldness was seeping into my spine, pricking it like thousands of ice-cold sharp needles. Even the thick pink coat I was wearing couldn't warm my body.

And there...it was. I almost fell on my knees when I saw...

THE BUS THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO COME ON 7.30 HAD DEPARTED!! I look at my cheap black wristwatch. 7.32 am. Hey, I was late only for two minutes and they couldn't wait for me? But why? Ugh this was such an unlucky day. I don't want to be fired, it's the only way for me to gain money to pay for my tuition fees...Without me knowing, warm tears started wetting my cold cheeks. Can I scream? No...it's public here. So I just bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying.

Suddenly a black Mercedes stopped in front of me. 'Eh, who is this? Lol, maybe his girlfriend is here and he's going to send her to her workplace . Stop dreaming Areum, you'll never get this kind of rich boyfriend', I muttered under my breath. I looked down, refusing to look at the owner of the freaking rich car...and to hide my disappointment. Eh how did I know the driver is a male, I almost laughed.

I closed my eyes, taking a few deep breaths, just to calm myself from the anxiety and from the disappointment. As I opened my eyes, a tall figure clad in grey suit, stood before me. 'Did I do wrong? Did I hurt someone? God, please spare my life', I cried, internally of course, while my face remained calm.

"Hello miss, why are you crying?" He squatted in front of me, looking straight to my face. OH MY GOD! I COULDN'T FREAKING BELIEVE THIS! It's Oh Sehun. Right in front of me. I wanted to curse myself. Should I run? Should I stay? With this close proximity, I couldn't even feel if I'm breathing or not. My heart was pumping already liters of blood, double the usual amount of blood pumped during normal circumstances. 

And then another figure came to stand beside him, also clad in suit, though its color was a brighter grey with a hue of blue. 

"Yah, Sehun! What are you doing here? We're going to be late, okay? We have an event after this okay??" The unknown man yelled in whispering voice (does it even exist?)

God, once again. I think I'm going to die from asphyxiation. I couldn't breathe. That voice, was Baekhyun's. What the f is going on here? I lifted my face, only to in another breath sharply. It's true. It's Baekhyun. With Sehun, the first guy who came in front of me, standing beside him. 

"B-baekhyun o-o-oppa? S-s-Sehun....o-ppa?" I stuttered, as I started to have difficulty in breathing. 

"Yes, we're Sehun and Baekhyun. Sehun told me he saw you crying so he decided to stop here. Why are you crying, miss....-"

"Areum. My name is Areum. I wasn't crying, it's just some dust has gotten into my eyes." I looked down again, looking at my imperfect nails.

"Are you sure, miss?" Baekhyun asked again.

"Yes, I'm sure thank you." I answered, while trying to keep my composure.

"But your cheeks are obviously tear-streaked." 

Sehun, looked like he just woke up from his reverie, quickly reached into the inner part of his suit and took out a piece of handkerchief. He knelt down again and helped to wipe my cheeks.

And with the heart beating too fast, I couldn't bear it anymore. Everything was surrounded with white light. 

"Eh, Areum, why are you becoming paler? What's going on?" Baekhyun's voice had a hint of urgency.

Before I could reply anything, my vision turned dark. I lost my consciousness. And Sehun's cold hand on my right cheek was the last thing I could feel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

p/s sorry for the childish style of writing. I really at writing but what can I do? I love writing and reading so much nobody could stop me XD Suscribe and be up-to-date with this childish fanfic!