Mysterious Note

The Last of Us

A FEW YEARS HAD PASSED…

                She was busy with her assignments when her rose gold iPhone rang. She smiled, even though she hadn’t take a look at it yet. Of course, just like usual, at 9.00pm, every single day, the same person would call her, just to ask how her day was. He’s like a counselor for her. If she had any problems, or if she had a rough day, he’s always there to comfort her. She was very thankful to fall in love and to be loved by that kind of man. She’s thankful to have that kind of first love. And she was hoping that everything will last like that…forever. Happy ending is desired by everyone, right?

                “Hello oppa!” She answered, her voice shrieking with excitement, but she didn’t avert her sight for a mere second from the laptop screen as she was busy typing her assignment.. As if her voice had been set to sound like that when she got the call.

                “Areum-ah! I miss you so much!” She grinned as she could hear him pouting. It’s possible, right? To know what the people are doing even through a phone call.

                “Yah! We just had our dinner together just now! Why are you missing me already?” She laughed heartily. Not going to lie, she missed him so much too!

                “If you’re sitting right beside me, Areum, I’m still going to miss you so much. Remember, when I meet you, I’m going to hug you so hard that your bones are crushed. Nah, I’m just kidding. I’m not going to hurt my girlfriend,” he whistled.

                “Sehun, you’re silly!”

                “I’m thankful that you’re the type of girl who likes silly man.”

                “Anyway, I’m not going to let you hug me, Oh Sehun….” She , something that he actually hated. Being teased.

                “Ah why~” He whined. There he went.

                “You’re a vampire, sorry, you’re a daylighter. You have supernatural strength. So, crushing my ribcages is not a difficult task for you.”

                “I told you I’m not going to hurt you! I’m sulking.” He protested.

                “Hey, I’m just kidding sweetheart! Sure, you can hug me wherever, whenever you want. That’s what you’re doing everyday anyway.” She rolled her eyes.

                “What are you rolling your eyes for?”

                “Eh, how did you know?”

                “Telepathy…I could know whatever you’re doing.”

                “Are you stalking me? Are you watching me….taking my bath too?” Her voice shrieked to a higher octave.

                “I’m not that silly, okay!” He laughed.

                She took a breath of relief. Thank goodness. She looked at her laptop screen again after her eyes wandered around and realized that she had another few pages of assignment, which wasn’t that few, considering she’s furthering her studies in Masters, and sighed. This is what successful people are going through.

                “Sehun, I’ve to go now. I have a few pages that ought to be done before tomorrow. See you tomorrow, Sehun oppa!”

                “Ah, it’d be nice if I were there to help you with your assignment. You know, I’m a genius so I know everything.” He boasted, arrogance was clear in his voice.

                “Nah, no need. Someone like me  needs to do my own assignment as I’m not a genius like you!”

                “Hey! You said you aren’t a genius? That why are you furthering your study in Masters of Pharmacy, idiot?”

                “I got it! Now, bye!” She hung up before he could bide a goodbye.

                She was putting her phone on her table when a text message came in.

               HOW DARE YOU HUNG UP JUST LIKE THAT! HUH, I FORGIVE YOU SINCE I LOVE YOU. ANYWAY AT WHAT TIME YOUR CLASS IS GOING TO START TOMORROW?” – OH SEHUN

                “I THOUGHT YOU’RE GOING TO USE YOUR GLAMOUR THINGY AND TEACH ME TOMORROW? MY CLASS IS AT 9 AM.” – BAEK AREUM

                “I LEFT MY SCHEDULE.SURE, I’M GOING TO PICK YOU UP EARLIER, LET’S HAVE OUR BREAKFAST TOGETHER. LOVE YOU.” – OH SEHUN

                “LOVE YOU TOO.” – BAEK AREUM

                She put her phone away. She yawned and stretched her arms since she had been typing for like…two hours straight? She began to type when she saw someone’s silhouette at her windows. ‘It’s ridiculous. Maybe I am just too tired I started to see things, she thought to herself. Furthermore, she’s in her bedroom upstairs. And her house was also guarded so it’s impossible for thieves to come in. It’s a big two storey house. A gift from Oh Sehun. She couldn’t afford a big house considering she had been working for not that long since she wanted to further her study in a higher level. So she shared her money with Sehun to buy it.

                A few hours had passed and she was finally done with her assignments. That’s when she heard a knock on her glass window. Her heart started beating fast against her ribcage. There’s no way someone could climb this high. But she ignored her thoughts.

                “Hello? Who’s that?”

                No answer.

                “Knock knock.” Was heard again.

                She decided to go against her fear and walked closer to the windows. She pushed the maroon curtain aside and looked outside. No one could be seen. Except one. There’s a shadow, in human form, stood in the yard. It’s dark eyes were watching her intently. She blinked her eyes and the shadow went away. Maybe it’s just her imagination.

                But not the note in front of her. She took it and read it with shaking hands.

                “LEAVE HIM OR EVERYONE YOU LOVE WILL DIE.”

                She gasped.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS UPDATE IS SHORTER SINCE I'M KIND OF HAVING A WRITER'S BLOCK *cries* I'M SO NERVOUS WITH MY EXAMINATION RESULTS AS FOUR DAYS LEFT FOR IT TO COME OUT! Anyway (wipe my tears) who do you think the silhoutte and the shadow was? Or what is it? Let me know if you have any idea