Dream

The Last of Us

"What are you doing? Why are you calling me?! I was sleeping goddamn it!" I screamed at my phone. Seriously, early in the morning? 4.30 a.m? This girl gotta be kidding me.

"I'm serious! I read it! He's got a girlfriend!" She screamed too, God, I swear my ears were close to bleeding. I was so sure I don't want to lose my hearing at such a young age. I mean, I'm not even 18 this year. I could even hear her blowing her nose. Oh, this girl's crying...

"Why are you crying babe? Who hurts you? I could get up now and get to his house and just cut his-"

"It's Sehun...I read about the article. It said he's got a girlfriend! I'm so disappointed why am I still alive right now?!" She cried, harder. If she came to college with swollen eyes tomorrow, people might think she was bawling her eyes out.

"Oh girl...he has the right to do so. He's a human too, you know. Just like you and me." I stretched my legs. God, I gonna lose my sleep, I even got to go to work tomorrow.

"HEY! THEN WHAT AM I? AM I A FREAKING ALPACA? OR A CAT? I WOULD BE GRATEFUL TO LIVE AS VIVI, YOU KNOW? AS LONG AS HE'S GOING TO BE BESIDE ME 24/7!" She yelled at me.

"Vivi? Who is that? Is that the girl you were talking about?" I rubbed my eyes, arranging a few pillows behind me, just to make it more comfortable. I almost dozed off when her voice, again, breaking the silence.

"VIVI IS HIS LITTLE DOG, IDIOT! YOU STILL DON'T KNOW HIM? I TALK ABOUT THEM EVERY SINGLE DAY, EVERY SINGLE HOUR BUT YOU STILL CAN'T REMEMBER? SO YOU DIDN'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO ME ALL THESE DAYS THEN!"

It's finally my turn to yell at her. "YAH! I'VE GOT A LOT OF THINGS TO REMEMBER AND NOW, YOU'RE HERE TO SCREAM AT ME ABOUT HOW I DIDN'T PAY ANY ATTENTION WHEN YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOUR SEHUN AND HIS VIVI?? I SHOULDN'T HAVE PICKED UP MY PHONE, DUMMY! I GOTTA GO TO WORK TOMORROW AND YOU'RE ACTUALLY INTERRUPTING MY SLEEPING TIME! I GOTTA GO BYE!"

"But Areum-"

There you go, I said as I hung up on her. Now, I would be grateful to be able to sleep for like 2 hours....

"KRRINGGGGG!" 

My eyes flew open and I quickly frowned. Seriously? I glanced at my alarm clock and it's...5.45 a.m. I sighed, and closed my eyes again. A short sleep never hurts, right?

I closed my eyes again and I quickly got drifted away into the dreamland.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm standing in the middle of nowhere, alone. Where am I? As I look around, I can't help myself from feeling amazed with the beauty of this place. Sakura everywhere...oh dear, it's just so beautiful.

My mouth forms an O as I admire the beautiful scenery before me when suddenly, I feel like someone is tapping my shoulder. I look around and gasp. "Sehun?" I inquire.

There he is, Sehun, standing before me. He looks good in the black velvet trench coat that sure costs a fortune. I mean, he's an idol, EXO member, the most famous group in the universe...or it's just me exaggerating it? 

"Yes, Areum. It's me, Sehun." He smiles, showing his pearl white teeth arranged neatly. Although he's not my bias, but I still can consider him as my bias-wrecker. Hell, everyone in EXO is a bias-wrecker. Baekhyun, actually, is my ultimate bias. Even my name is Baek Areum, oh, we're just meant to be together! I clap my hands together, grinning like a moron though fortunately, I do it unconsciously. 

"Why are you here? Oh, and how did you know my name?" Can you believe it? Oh Sehun, an idol, knows my name. If he's Baekhyun, I'd scream right on the spot. But I still maintain my calm facade, though I can feel I'm blushing, considering how close he is standing in front of me. I can even feel his breath stirring my hair.

He smiles, a ghostly smile. "No need to know, Areum. Of course, I know your name. You're my soulmate, right?"

Eh? Soulmate? What is he talking about? No way, I can't be his soulmate. I mean there are millions of other women, existing in this crappy world, and I'm his soulmate? This is f-

"Hey, I can hear your thought! I'm telling the truth! You're my soulmate!" He says, though his face shows that he's shocked, his dark brown eyes fail to hide the look of amusement, flashing in his eyes.

This boy is weird, I mutter. I'm not a mermaid and he's not Lee Minho in the Legend of The Blue Sea right? That story is a tale. I can't believe him, I can't trust him. How come a famous people like him can tell nonsensical things? Irene better not like him so much she would throw herself to his feet.

"Yes, I know I'm not Lee Minho, and you're not a mermaid. It's a tale, as you said just now. But I'm serious, soulmates can communicate to each other without having to utter any words, I swear!" He lifts his right hand, showing his palm as if he's going to high-five me.

"But why can't I hear your thoughts? Why are you the only one who can hear my thoughts? It's not fair!" I stomp my sneakers-clad feet, but not that obvious since he seems like he didn't see that.

"You'll know about it later, Areum. I should get going." With that, he walks away, without saying any goodbyes. His tousled hair is being blew by the wind, messing it even more. 

"Hey, Oh Sehun! Answer me!" I am left behind, still dumbfounded.

I then look at my hand to find my watch, but instead, a dull sign of heart, like a tattoo, is embedded into my skin. 

'Eh, where did I get this? Ah, I'm going crazy!' I walk away from the place I was standing at, only to be plunged into the darkness.