Come the Specter

Flaming Adolescent, Forsaken Youth

007

-'Come the Specter'-

"Survive"


They spent three days in the hotel. They checked out when they felt the need to move on to another place. As they said, staying too long will result to danger. They couldn’t effort to fight when they’re too tired and had lack of sleep.

Both of them were waiting for their 10 a.m train. Baekhyun and Hera didn’t talk when they’re at a public place like this because they’re afraid they will put their guard down. Giving the chance for someone to kill them. They wanted to avoid that.

They heard an announcement about another route being closed down due to the tunnel blockage. They glanced at each other. Sauntered away from the train station, Baekhyun was the first to talk.

“Our train is in that blockage. We need to find another train but that will burn money. How is it, Hera?”

“We need to stay, but then the tickets will no longer works. I heard it will take some time to repair the train. If we could get the train by then, we need to buy new tickets. Darn, this is the only train where destination is much cheaper.” The girl groaned, pouting.

“Let’s eat first.”

 

 

After they had eaten at a 24 convenience store, Baekhyun and Hera sat on a bench near a park. They were bored of what to do right now.

“Baekhyun, I just noticed something.” Hera leaned closer for Baekhyun. Whispering in his ear.

“I noticed too,” Baekhyun mumbled.

“There are two guys following us since earlier. They were at the train station. They sometimes looked at our direction. It is obvious, Thousand Eyes members.”

“The question is, how should we escape from them?” Baekhyun pointed out.

“On the count of three, let’s stand up together and go somewhere public but not with much people. We will try to walk away with people and divert their attention to someone wearing the same cloth as us. Then, we can use our chance from that.” Hera suggested. Intertwining their hands together, Baekhyun and Hera slung their backpack and walked with people by the roadside.

The men noticed it too. They followed Baekhyun and Hera. Their plan did work. Soon, when they were no longer noticed the sight of them. Baekhyun and Hera high fived happily.

That didn’t last longer when a knife passed by them. Hera and Baaekhyun shifted their head to the direction where the knife came. Hera was shocked to see two guys from earlier. The tall one and one that was shorter than him.

Baekhyun was surprised when he looked at them. It was familiar faces for Baekhyun. Loki and Hermes, he noted. Baekhyun felt Hera hand shaking in his hold.

“It’s him…” her voice said.

“Well, well, well. What we have here?” Hermes, the short one cooed. He was giving them a sinister smirk. “A traitor and a liar are perfect for each other. Really, a couple that ran away from home. And here, Loki, you’re worried about your fiancée. I felt sorry for you.”

Loki scowled, glowering to Baekhyun.

“You betrayed Thousand Eyes, Hera.” Loki said coldly. “It’s pretty much like you broken off our engagement. Our families are powerful enough but you made it a point to be a rebel. You knew I love you. How dare you put me to such a shame?!” He roared, fishing out a gun from his jacket.

“I don’t love you, Sehun. I believed that I made it clear. You’re the one who forced me with the engagement.” Hera retorted. She won’t take his accusing silently.

“If you told me that this liar tricked you and brainwashed you, I will spare your live Huang Hera. I don’t love doing this to the girl I love. Even so, Aion’s order is absolute. Pick your choice.” Loki or Sehun (whatever his name is, Baekhyun thought) brought the gun straight to their faces. “I won’t have no mercy if your answer is contrast.”

“I don’t have any regrets. I am the one that started this, I’m the one to end this. No one can stop me. I will bring down the organization. Also, Baekhyun doesn’t brainwash me. He’s too kind to do that and he has feelings. Not like you, a cold blooded killer.” She remarked. Baekhyun flinched when he heard feelings. He knew Sehun was shaken when he saw the guy wavered.

“That’s it, Hera. To think I love someone like you...farewell, let see each other in another life. Perhaps when you’re there, you will realize your mistakes.” Sehun didn’t hesitate to shot because the thing Baekhyun knew Hera was laying on the ground. Blood was pooling around her.

He bent down to help Hera. She was screaming loudly. But, three shots made Baekhyun’s freeze. His legs were shot and his shoulder too. He glared at the men before falling to the ground, blacking out.

 

 

When he got to his senses, he saw Hera across the room. The girl was still unconscious. It was white all over, making Baekhyun wonder if they were in heaven. But, a guy was beaming when he saw Baekhyun woke up. His dimple made him adorable.

“I got to tell Jaejoong about this.” He muttered and checked Baekhyun pulse.

“How are you? Do you still feel pain?” He asked.

Baekhyun tried to move his limbs, he felt pulsating pain and he winced. “Yes.”

“Where am I?” He queried when the dimpled guy, assuming he was a doctor went to check Hera.

“The hospital. You’re safe now. Jaejoong will help both of you. He is Yunho partner in Thousand Eyes case. I’m Doctor Zhang by the way.” He answered.

For the first time, Baekhyun was glad to survive the bullets.