Searching for the Light

Flaming Adolescent, Forsaken Youth

006

-'Searching for the Light'-

"Flaming Adolescent"


 

The raindrops didn’t seem to stop and two figures entered a hotel. After checking in the hotel, both of them made their way to the room they shared. It was to make sure that they didn’t waste the money. They had withdrawn the money from all of their account after being chased by Thousand Eyes. Both of them decided to share the money and used it together on shelter, food, clothes and accommodation as they were on run. They still didn’t get hold of Yunho yet. They tried a few times to call him but they didn’t receive anything. Yunho didn’t even call them yet.

Assuming the situation was dangerous for Yunho to do so, both of them were on their own to get away from the organization. Baekhyun opened the door and Hera slumped down in bed. Both of their eyes had eye bags around it. They were exhausted.

“It had been two months, right?” Hera asked Baekhyun. She was anxious if she forgot her track of time. Hera heard a soft ‘yes’ from another bed. Baekhyun had locked the door and laid on the bed too.

“They are everywhere looking for us. I don’t even know which place is safe to go after this. We’re travelling around Korea from place to place. It had been killing me, Hera. Not to mention we have to use some disguise because that d*mn organization stated we’re missing children that had ran away from home because of love. Saying that we’re eloping and whatever, telling the news that if someone saw us they need to call them because that person will be rewarded. We’re pretty much KO.” Baekhyun’s voice was laced with venomous hatred.

“Yeah,” the girl responded. “We can’t even run away from this country.” Hera remarked.

“How long it will be?”

Hera shrugged. Glancing to Baekhyun and pretty sure he didn’t see her action. “Don’t know…” she trailed off.

Baekhyun was sound asleep when Hera looked at him again. She did the same. Both of them were fast asleep. Savoring the moment to rest their body.

 

 

The next morning, Baekhyun and Hera sat on the floor and opened the biscuit pack and two cup noodles. Hera switched on the television and searched for a channel with news. They listened attentively and luckily there were no news about them today. Whether or not, news about them will emerge from time to time. They learnt not to be happy with disappearance of news since Baekhyun almost got shot the moment they were out from their disguises several months ago.

They almost had to leave the place they’re comfortable with. Hera almost lost her patience when Baekhyun yelled that the journal Chanyeol gave him was missing. They took time to search for the journal and found it in the blanket cover of their backpack. Hera almost kicked Baekhyun because of it.

Even with their contradictory personality, both of them were still with each other. They supported each other because they only could trust one another. Deep down, they knew nothing could replace it if they were to lose each other. It’s like there were only two of them in the world.

Baekhyun concluded from the moment Hera being beside him, he couldn’t lose her. He didn’t want to see another disappearing. He wanted a chance to be a better person. To be someone nice and understanding. However, it didn’t apply to Baekhyun much because sometimes Hera and he had a big fight. It was hard to make up with each other once they had an argument.

Due to the situation they were in, they gave up from being angry or sulking too long. It won’t do any good for them if Thousand Eyes could track them just because of that. They bought two new old version phones because Hera knew Baekhyun’s phone would be track. Now, Baekhyun phone was shut off and hidden in his backpack.

They almost be hit by a car when they were walking down the street once. Hera saw Artemis driving it and gestured Baekhyun to run away.

Now, both of them had tranquility. They treasured the day when they didn’t need to jump from a building or run away or shooting people or hitting them brutally.

Sometimes, Hera would teach Baekhyun some moves to defend himself. Another day, Baekhyun will be teaching Hera about mind games and strategy he read through.

“Here.” Hera gave Baekhyun his instant noodle. Baekhyun took it as he tried to swallow the biscuit. His eyes still on the television and Baekhyun looked surprised when he saw an advertisement about stuff bears.

Hera kept her mum. Baekhyun once told her that he gave Byul a pink bear as a gift for her birthday. However, those were burned to ashes now. Once they flee from Seoul after managing to grab important things at Baekhyun’s house. There was news with the headlines about his house on fire. Baekhyun didn’t show it but Hera knew he was dejected.

For Hera it was another story, she didn’t even step in to get her things. She told Baekhyun she couldn’t take it even if she wanted to. Her family was one of the masterminds controlling the organization beside Aion. She will be murdered the moment she came in. Thus, she didn’t have anything to bring when they were fleeing.

“Can I ask you something?” Baekhyun separated the chopsticks he held.

“What?”

“Why did you betray Thousand Eyes? You’re one of respectable members. Why did you do that? The pay is high, I assumed from your pay.” He blew the noodles. Glancing sideways and stared to the girl.

“It is because of my brother, Huang Zitao.” She answered. “He pretty much a realist and smart, like you. He loves to help people and smile. The organization said they don’t need him if he is a softie. Thus, my uncle gave him mission where he needed people to kill. Tao couldn’t take it and one day he just disappeared.”

Baekhyunn nods, listening to her. “Everyone searched for him, but they couldn’t track where he is. Tao just fed up with our life. I know his feelings. We never got a moment of freedom. Our life is decided by the higher ups. We never enjoy our youth that much, we don’t have time for friends, lovers or cinemas and other things. So, when he appeared, he said to me he was married with a girl. He was head over heels for her. Unfortunately, Thousand Eyes decided he needs to divorce that girl which he objected.”

Hera took another mouthful of noodles before continuing. “But, they blackmailed him to kill her family and he had to do that. One day, Tao just told me his crazy plan to betray the organization. He said he had connection with the police and national force. He informed them with details. There was a day of a raid will be done at our headquarters to prove that we done illegal trading. Unluckily, his effort was gone and useless. The police didn’t find anything against us and Tao was declared a traitor of the organization.” She stopped for a breath.

“Usually, the traitors will get kill in just a moment. But, Aion decided to spare my brother and used him for the scientist new drug experiment. My brother got away though but he was broken when I last saw him. He was alive but he seemed dead inside. He was shattered mentally and physically. He suffered and had to withstand the abuse. From that moment, I knew my brother had gone crazy. He was mentally ill and no one could treat him since then. He didn’t even recognize me and I was miserable when I heard him sang a lullaby. Once, he said that the lullaby was for his unborn child.”

Hera tears welling up in her eyes, Baekhyun couldn’t continue eating and hugged her. “From that moment, I decided to bring Thousand Eyes down. I had seen more sufferings. I couldn’t stand it. One morning, I woke up with new determination and decided I will destroy Thousand Eyes even if I need to die. I rise as red as dawn, I am a flaming adolescent.”

Hera had an infectious smile graced on her face.