Endeavor

Flaming Adolescent, Forsaken Youth

 005

-'Endeavor-

"Never Lose Hope"


 

“Baekhyun. Oh, god, I was worried you won’t wake up!” Hera’s voice greeted Baekhyun. When his eyes fluttered open, he only saw darkness around him.

“Why it is so dark? Where are we?” Baekhyun sat up, searching for Hera hand to hold.

“In an unused store room, in some alley.” The girl replied. “Yunho texted that there are three members guarding your house right now, I threw my phone away because they will find me if I kept using the phone. Bad news, we’re on a run. Aion will ask the members to search for us. Do you hear me?”

“My sister…and Byul, they’re…” his voice wavering. “It’s not true, right?”

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun.” She put her hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. He knew the girl was beside him. The feeling of something warm beside him eased him at last. He’s not alone. At least, he was with someone in the same situation.

“What will we do now? It seemed like they knew everything ahead of us.”

“I don’t know. For your information, we can’t go back. I mean you. I knew my family will be searching for me because Thousand Eyes had labeled me as a traitor. I knew we’re on a run right now and we need to move fast before they blocked my account bank. We need to withdraw money.” Hera pointed out. “Yunho told that the police couldn’t back us up yet, there were few police murdered in the station. He said we’re on our own before he could contact us again.”

Baekhyun let out a sigh. This situation was so abrupt. He didn’t expect the plan will fail. “I want to die…” he mumbled. “My parents left me…Min Ah and Byul left me. I don’t have anyone else.”

“I’m with you.” Hera reassured him. Her hand was still on his shoulder. “We can do it together. Trust me, we can make it together…”

Hera felt Baekhyun slapped her hand away. “Don’t tell me that!” He snorted. “I just met you and here you’re spouting that we can make a miracle! The point is, they killed everyone involved with us. My family! How would you expect me to calm down and ruined the organization. My life is in ruin right now!” He snapped. “All of it, practically! What do you want to say?!”

“I waited for eight years. I couldn’t back away not after what they’ve done to my family. You know Baekhyun, the man I called father is my uncle and he was the reason why my family crumbled apart!”

“I don’t believe you!”

“My uncle killed my father! My mother gave out information about Thousand Eyes and she was shot in front of my brother and I. My brother was shattered emotionally! I don’t have anyone to rely on.” She spat.

Baekhyun kept his mum. He didn’t know Hera had this kind of past too.

“We can do it! I just wanted to break free from Thousand Eyes as much as I do. I waited long. I can’t just let go of this chance when I have a real friend to trust and police with me. There’s a way, Baekhyun. We can fight it together. We can do it together!”

Baekhyun was taken aback by her enthusiasm. She’s resembled like Chanyeol talking about justice in front of him. Too passionate and too hardworking.

“I was never that close with my sister and when I had the chance, I lost it again.” He remarked. He let out their tale after the death of their parents. The year when he met Chanyeol.

Baekhyun and Min Ah were always fighting and disagreeing with each other. They hated each other guts. Not once a day pass peacefully without a fight. One of them will make sure they hurt each other heart.

But, when Min Ah married the guy she loves, Baekhyun stated he was happy that Min Ah left the house for good. The woman felt glad that she won’t be seeing Baekhyun again.

Unfortunately, that’s when fate decided to twist Min Ah’s happy life. She was left by the one she loves when she needed him the most. Min Ah was pregnant. No one could understand how her feeling was. A pregnant woman with divorce papers, she cried and laughed at the same time. She became a widow in a young age.

Min Ah returned home with broken heart. Obviously, she left the home she shared with her husband. Totally broken hearted because of the time they spent together didn’t really worth it.

At first, Baekhyun resented Min Ah’s appearance because he had trouble sleeping. The reason was, Minah always cried in her room and had nightmare every night.

Later, Baekhyun felt sorry for Min Ah and decided to persuade his older sister when his parents couldn’t do anything about Min Ah depression. His older sister almost did a suicide one particular night.

Baekhyun was lucky that he went home late. Baekhyun and his friend saw Min Ah ready to jump off from the bridge near the neighborhood. Chanyeol was the first one to grab Min Ah’s wrist albeit to his long legs and tall figure. Chanyeol’s sharp eyes quickly recognized Min Ah standing on the railing. Chanyeol soothed the crying Min Ah that ready to jump again while Baekhyun stared in shook.

He never saw his sister in this state in his whole life. A sudden realization hit him when Chanyeol smacked his back. “What?” Baekhyun asked the latter.

“Take your sister home. Calm her down.”

“Why me?” Baekhyun almost cringed at that thought. He felt pity. However, he never did that to anybody.

“You are her brother, right?” Chanyeol added.

“She is your flesh and blood. She is your only sister, Baek. Cherish her well even your bond are not that good. You can always start a new chapter. Be a bit understanding.” Chanyeol told him. Chanyeol knew about Baekhyun’s relationship with Min Ah. They always heard him complaint about his sister in school.

Baekhyun bit his lips, thinking of something. A moment later, he let out a heavy sigh.

“Byun Min Ah!” Baekhyun shouted as he shifted his gaze towards the night sky. “Men are idiots! But, the guy that left you is much dumber and stupid. He didn’t even get the chance to see your charms!”

Min Ah and Chanyeol were frozen to see Baekhyun shouting to the dark sky. Minah stopped crying. Her eyes were puffy and red. Also, she began to hiccupping.

“Move on! You still have the chance. Show that idiot guy if he meet you in the future, you’re not like any other girl. After all, Byun Min Ah, my lovely sister is a strong girl! She will not succumb to sadness. She can always open a new page and start a new chapter with her child! And I, Byun Baekhyun will be responsible to look after my cute niece or nephew.”

Baekhyun exhaled. He slowly averted his gaze to Minah. Minah still looking at him and Baekhyun gave her an infectious smile. A smile he rarely gave to his sister or even someone.

“Just count on me, sis. I love you and I’m sorry for all these years.”

With that said, Min Ah slowly released herself from Chanyeol’s hold and ambled towards Baekhyun. She embraced him for the first time. Leaning her face at the crook of his neck, Min Ah whispered “Thank you”, “I’m sorry” and “I love you” repeatedly. The siblings and Chanyeol walked home together that night with smile plastered on their face.

“My chances disappear. I really am a bad guy with abundance of luck and misfortune.” Baekhyun rasped.

“Don’t say it like that, we can still make it. There’ s a way. Never lose hope.” Hera wrapped his arms around Baekhyun. She was sure the lad needed a warm embrace. It was to sooth him.

It took awhile for Hera to hear Baekhyun’s voice. “Let’s try again.”