Chapter 8

Unspoken

 

Chapter VIII
 
Meanwhile, on the other hand, Chaelyn have already told her clique excluding Siwon about everything that happened. Minri widened her eyes in excitement and clapped both her hands together, ‘This is great, Chae! You’re engaged to your crush!’ Seeing Chaelyn glaring at her, she cleared before continuing, ‘Well, I mean it’s better than you being engaged to an ugly balding old man right? What’s more, Donghae is our school’s most sought-after guy –’ She stopped when she saw Heechul glaring at her before huffing, ‘…other than Heechul. So why not?’
 
By now, Chaelyn is already becoming a little tipsy even though she’s still sober enough to know what she was saying and doing. She looked over at Minri, frowning. ‘Ri, there are a lot of reasons to why I say no to this marriage and the main reason for it is, we don’t love each other like how couples does.’ Before Minri can even retort to her sentence, she said in frustration, ‘Come on guys, the reason I came over is because I just want to get away from this problem. Can we stop talking about this already?’
 
Sensing her frustration, everyone kept quiet about it and decided to talk about the matter with her when she feels better.
 
A while later, many people left the party since it was nearing dawn. Chaelyn, Jungsoo and Minri have downed bottles after bottles of alcoholic drinks, causing Jungsoo and Minri sprawled all over the red velvet couch while Chaelyn was still drinking. ‘Yah! You fool! You’re already drunk! Stop drinking!’ Heechul shouted as he snatched the bottle away from Chaelyn’s hand. ‘How can a girl not act like one?’ Heechul muttered under his breath before he sighed in annoyance.
 
Just then, Donghae overheard the little commotion and went over to join them. He was about to help Chaelyn up when Heechul growled at him, giving him the unfriendliest look he could ever come up with, which wasn’t difficult for him. ‘What do you think you’re doing?’ He asked coldly while glaring at Donghae as if his eyes could shoot daggers at him. Donghae simply replied in confusion, ‘Helping her up?’
 
Heechul rolled his eyes and scoffed, ‘I don’t care if you both are engaged or not, but you should know that Chaelyn hasn’t said yes to this marriage yet. So I’m warning you, Chaelyn is like the younger sister I’ve never had and I dote on her the most. If I ever know that you hurt her, you can just prepare to be skinned alive.’ He warned Donghae as he sent deathly glares to him while holding the drunk Chaelyn. Heechul’s phone suddenly went off, making him hiss under his breathe at how untimely this phone call is. After talking to the person on the other side of the phone, he looked around while having Chaelyn clinging onto him, mumbling something incoherent as he held on her waist.  
 
When he saw Minri and Jungsoo sprawled all over the couch, obviously dead drunk already, he sighed in frustration. Seeing Heechul who was fuming mad already, Siwon who just joined them quickly suggested, ‘Hyung, I’ll send Jungsoo hyung and Minri back home. As for Chaelyn, I remembered that she mentioned something about staying over at my place, so you can just bring her to the guest room. I’ll go drive my car over!’ Before Heechul could even say anything, Siwon has already gone off.
 
‘Aish, that idiot! I just wanted to ask him to take care of Chaelyn and he just ran off like this…’ Heechul muttered in annoyance as he straightened Chaelyn. Donghae thought for a while, knowing that it will be good if he gets on Heechul’s good side. ‘I can take care of Chaelyn. I’m staying over here as well…’ Donghae then decided to volunteer, smiling as he said that.
 
Heechul looked at him with his eyes narrowed, hesitant to let him take care of Chaelyn for obvious reasons, however his sister called and asked him to head back home as quickly as he can, thus this seemed to be his only choice and he couldn’t help but to agree to it. ‘Alright. You better take good care of her. If anything happens to her, prepare to give up your life.’ He warned him before passing Chaelyn to him carefully. Donghae nodded, holding Chaelyn into his arms and making her cling onto himself.
 
‘Chae, I’m going off now. Take good care of yourself ok? Tell me if anyone bullies you.’ Heechul said softly, patting on her cheeks before going off. Donghae took her to the guest room, carefully placing Chaelyn on the bed before helping her to wash her face to make her sober. After wiping her face and tugging her into bed, Donghae cleared up the mess and sat on the side of the bed, looking at Chaelyn carefully.
 
‘You’re really fun to tease with.’ He chuckled softly. He was already preparing to leave when Chaelyn held him on his waist, still sleeping soundly. Donghae was about to remove her hands away when Chaelyn suddenly slurred in her sleep, ‘Mummy… I miss you…’ She then snuggled closer to Donghae and hugged his waist even tighter.
 
Donghae sighed before wondering what happened to her mother since he has never seen Chaelyn’s mother before. Even when they are little and when his parents brought him over to the Park family’s house to play, he has never seen Chaelyn’s mother before. He ruffled Chaelyn’s hair softly and then slipped into the covers next to her, slowly drifting into slumber. 
Oh god... There's one more week till my school starts ;~~; Hopefully I'll not be that busy so that I will have the time to at least write and update this fic. Really like how it's currently going though ^o^ Well, at least for me kkkk~
Anyways, hope you guys like this update and don't forget to comment!! ^~^