Chapter 11

Unspoken

 

Chapter XI
 
 
Perhaps it's the hospital, environment and its atmosphere that made Chaelyn feel so many similarities between her mother and Donghae's grandfather. Maybe it's also because of their positive and cheery personality that made Chaelyn felt that way as well.
 
Chaelyn's mother left her when she was 10. It was cruel to have your mother taken away from you at such a young age, especially when you think that you're the one who caused it. Due to Chaelyn's parents' busy working schedule, Chaelyn's mother has insisted on having Sunday as their family day so that they wouldn't neglect Chaelyn too much for their work. Chaelyn's mother has always been really loving and caring while her father took on the strict parent role.
 
It was Sunday and their family was on their way back from the family picnic. Seating at the back of the passenger's seat, Chaelyn took out her drawing materials and started drawing quietly. They had fun and were really tired after their day at the park. After Chaelyn finished drawing, she tapped on her mother's shoulder, showing her what she drew. 'Oh, that's a really beautiful art you've drawn. Let's keep this inside your drawing file later when we're back at home, alright?' Her mother said, smiling softly before ruffling her hair.
 
Chaelyn then turned to the other side where her father was seated and showed it to him. Since he was driving and was actually feeling really fatigue after spending a whole day in the park, he just nodded without looking at it. 'Daddy, look what I've drew!' Chaelyn whined, tugging on his sleeve. Even though Chaelyn's mother tried telling her that she could show the piece of art later when her father pulled over, Chaelyn still stubbornly insisted her father to look at it just once.
 
Finally, her father gave in and turned over to look at it, wanting to just glance at it but who knows, just that few seconds of attention away from the road, he steered his wheel a little over to the right. Before he even know it, the Park's car run into the other incoming car, causing a fatal accident to happen.
 
Everything happened after that was a blur to Chaelyn.
 
She could only remember how she was being carried onto a stretcher and then there was blinking lights, people whispering to each other, and the smell of medicines and hospital. Between her and her parents, she was the one with the least injuries, only having a few external injuries on her legs and arms. The only major one was the one on her right forehead, which left a scar even until now.
 
She couldn't really remember what happened since she was unconscious but she knows that out of the three of them, she was the one who suffered the least. Even though her father told her that he only suffered a few injuries here and there, she know that he was probably trying to make her feel better. When she was conscious, she could remember crying for her parents before the nurse brought her to her mother's room, which was just next to hers.
 
Her mother's heartbeat actually stopped when she reached the hospital but thankfully, the doctors brought her life back. Even so, they weren't allowed to see her just yet because she was still too weak. After waiting and crying for hours, having constant updates on how her mother is, all of the doctors finally came out of the operating theatre. Both Chaelyn and her father had a hunch that they were going to bring bad news, but they just doesn't know how bad the news will be.
 
'We're really sorry.' was what they said, making both of them break down, not even wanting to hear what they are about to say.
 
Her mother’s car accident really changed her a lot. From being a cheery and bubbly girl, she became rather quiet and keeps to herself, which is the reason why she was a nerd during her first year of school. The reason for her change was because after her mother’s accident, she blamed herself for her mother’s death a lot. She thinks that she is the cause for it because if she hadn’t been so stubborn, insisting that her father should look at her artwork, he wouldn’t have got distracted and her mother could’ve still been here. Her father knows the reason for her change as well and was really devastated, knowing that his daughter blames herself for causing the death of her mother.
 
He explained to her several times that it had been an accident and that he is sure her mother wouldn’t want to see her blaming herself for it. But he never had a reply for it. She would just nod and keep silent about it.
 
Thankfully, things started to change because of the efforts of Siwon, Heechul, Jungsoo and Minri. They had been really supportive during the period of time and always coming over to Chaelyn’s house to hang out or play with her. She started to slowly open up herself to people again after talking to Heechul who kind of reprimanded her about her way of doing things and taking it all on her own.
 
Not many people knows about this incident though, since Chaelyn has pretty much acted like she has put it in the back of her mind and her clique of friends wouldn’t really want to bring up something that would make her sad again.
 
Therefore, this is somewhat the reason why Chaelyn changed her mind about the marriage since she wanted to help fulfill grandpa Lee's wish, because she couldn't even ask her mother about her last wish and even try to fulfill it. 

 

A/N: Hi! I'm back with another update. Really sorry for the long hiatus;; I've been busy for a while... (and I think I still will be busy) but anyhoos, hope you guys like the update and I really appreciate those new subscribers (despite me not updating for so long) and comments! ^u^ Thankyou~