Chapter 3

Unspoken

Chapter III

 
 
After driving a few rounds in the city, Donghae went back home and showered before he just let himself collapse into the bed. Feeling exhausted after so many things happening in a day, he fell fast asleep without even bothering to dry his hair.
 
On the other side of Seoul, the girl that was involved in this arranged marriage but doesn’t have a single idea of it at all, lay comfortably on the couch in the living room, playing her phone. Familiar footsteps can be heard walking towards her, she didn’t even have to lift up her head to see who was it and she just greeted, ‘Welcome home, Daddy.’
 
Mr. Park chuckled and shook his head a little, ‘Couldn’t you just greet me properly for once? You’re looking at your phone while saying ‘Welcome home, Daddy’. I didn’t know your phone has become your Daddy.’ Chaelyn smiled as she rolled her eyes, standing up and looked at her father before she teasingly bowed and smiled sweetly, ‘Welcome home, Daddy~ is this okay now, my dearest father?’
 
Mr. Park then walked towards her and ruffled her hair as he laughed heartily together with Chaelyn before they went to their dining room to have their dinner.
 
‘So… Chaelyn, are you free tomorrow?’ Mr. Park started carefully, to which Chaelyn held up her head and joked, smirking, ‘By any chance, Mr. Park, are you trying to ask me out for a date to make up for the time you neglected me many a times because of your business?’ Although Mr. Park knew that Chaelyn didn’t mean what she said, but he certainly felt a pang of guiltiness hitting him but he just brushed it off because Chaelyn wouldn’t like it if he took her words too seriously.
 
‘Yes my dear girl. So, are you free?’ He said, playing along with her, which made her giggled. She nodded casually before asking, ‘But what are we going to do? Or rather, is there any reason for you to ask me to make my day free for tomorrow?’ Mr. Park gulped inwardly, Chaelyn was indeed someone who was sensitive and sharp and so he acted calm before replying, ‘Well, we will just be having a casual dinner with Uncle Lee. Still remember him?’
 
Her face lightened up immediately as he spoke about Mr. Lee, ‘Of course I remember! He is the best uncle among all the others! Daddy, this Uncle Lee you’re talking about is the one that’s your best friend right? If he is, then I’m not wrong.’ She said all out at once, feeling all excited. Mr. Park chuckled before he nodded, smiling, ‘Yes, we’ll be having dinner with him and his family. So… judging by your tone, you’ll be going right?’
 
Chaelyn nodded enthusiastically before returning back to her dinner, feeling happy that she’s going to see Mr. Lee again because Mr. Lee is one of the uncles that dotes on her the best.
x x x 
 
‘Chaelyn, do you have anything on tonight? Otherwise, Siwon is opening a party and he invited all of us. So… you on?’ Heechul asked smirking, as he put his arm around Chaelyn’s shoulder while the others crowded around her desk, looking at her with hopeful looks that she’ll agree to it which she always will. Chaelyn shook her head and shrugged, ‘Nah-uh, I’ve a date tonight with my daddy.’ She said, making everyone in her clique groaned in disappointment.
 
‘But Chae, everyone else are going! Are you sure you don’t want to join? It’ll not be complete if everyone isn’t there.’ Minri, her best friend exclaimed as she gave her a disappointed look. Her group of close friends consist of Heechul, Jungsoo, Siwon and Minri who have been in the same class as her ever since they were in elementary school until now.
 
Chaelyn pouted as she looked over to her friends who were looking at her expectantly, ‘Guys… I’m sorry. I really want to join you all for the party tonight but I can’t. It’s really rare that my daddy actually asks me out for dinner and I’ve already promised him. Moreover, I’m also having dinner with Uncle Lee, so yeah.’ Disappointment was written all over their faces because their clique hasn’t been hanging out together for a long time. ‘Well, I guess maybe I could ask my daddy to let me off earlier to join you guys, if you all don’t mind?’ She added after seeing her friend’s dull faces that lightened up within a minute.
 
‘Of course you can do this since we aren’t going to end the party that early.’ Siwon informed Chaelyn which she smile and nodded in respond. She quickly packed up her stuffs and carried her bag, ‘so I’ll see you guys tonight? Have to go off to prepare now! Bye guys!’ Her friends bid goodbye with her before discussing with each other about what to wear tonight.
 
When Chaelyn reached home, she quickly rushed back into her room to prepare since it’s around 6pm already. She put on a casual white top and denim jeans before she headed out of her room, bumping into one of her housekeeper. ‘Hey Uncle Kim, um… are you looking for me?’ Chaelyn asked, to which he smiled as he nodded. ‘This is the dress that Mr. Park has instructed me to pass it to you. He wants you to wear it for the dinner and when you’re ready, just head down because the car has been prepared already.’