Chapter 10

Unspoken

 

Chapter X
 
Chaelyn just stood near the door, holding her arms because she’s unsure of what to do. ‘Grandpa, this is my friend, Chaelyn,’ Donghae gestured towards Chaelyn, smiling before he continue, ‘and Chaelyn, this is my grandpa.’ Chaelyn bowed and greeted Donghae’s grandfather, ‘Hello grandpa Lee.’ She smiled which he responded back with a smile too. Even though Donghae and her aren’t really together, but this is the first time she’s meeting the family of the ‘self proclaimed boyfriend’, excluding the time where they had dinner together since she didn’t know about the arranged marriage yet. It was making her nervous since she didn’t know how to act and what to do.
 
‘Relax, Chaelyn dear. You look really tense. I’m just an old man, you don’t have to be afraid of me.’ Grandfather Lee laughed heartily after speaking, having Donghae snicker at Chaelyn as well. Chaelyn just glared at Donghae for a slight moment before turning to Grandfather Lee and smiled, ‘I’m not afraid of you, grandpa Lee. I’m just feeling a little awkward, that’s all.’ Grandfather Lee nodded before asking Donghae to go to the cafeteria in the hospital to buy some food for himself and Chaelyn after knowing that both of them hasn’t ate yet.
 
It felt even more awkward for Chaelyn after Donghae left the hospital room. She fidgeted a little on her seat before Grandfather Lee held her hand, ‘I’m sorry.’ He patted on her hand and looked apologetically to Chaelyn. ‘Huh?’ Chaelyn was in shock, wondering why was he apologizing to her when this is the first time that they meet.
 
‘I know… I know that you aren’t really Donghae’s friend, are you? You’re the girl that my son has chosen to be in the arranged marriage with Hae right? I’m sorry that I’ve raised such an idea, putting this burden on you and my grandson.’ He sighed, before continuing, ‘It’s really okay that you don’t accept to it, you know? I will understand.’ He smiled sadly to her and patted her hand again.
 
Chaelyn heaved a deep breathe, pursing her lips, ‘It’s true that I don’t want this marriage, not when it’s arranged by both side of our parents. I want to get married with someone I love and love me back the way I do. But… I will think about it seriously.’ Grandfather Lee looked at her with eyes widened in surprise, he wanted to ask Chaelyn the reason but she beat him to it. Chaelyn played around with her fingers as she started, ‘Well, grandpa Lee, it’s not your fault to act this way. Before I’ve met you, I really did begrudge on you on why did you ask for such request. But now that I’ve met you, you remind me of my mom a lot…’
 
She looked up and stopped playing her fingers and smiled weakly, ‘Which is the reason why I’ll think over this seriously.’
 
Just as Grandfather Lee wanted to ask further, Donghae came in carrying a bag of food, interrupting their conversation. ‘What are you guys talking about?’ Donghae raised an eyebrow and asked. Chaelyn quickly looked over to Grandfather Lee and placed her forefinger on her lips while smiling, ‘Grandpa Lee, don’t tell Donghae about it. It’s our secret, okay?’ Grandfather Lee laughed heartily yet again, nodding his head, making Donghae pout and whine at his grandfather to tell him about it. Of course, Grandfather Lee didn’t and told them to just go ahead and have their lunch.
-
 
To say that Chaelyn’s father was elated to see Donghae sending her back was an understatement. He felt more than just elated because it probably meant that there might be the slightest hope that Chaelyn would change her mind on the marriage.
 
There is a reason why Mr. Park was more than happy to have recommended his own daughter to become part of the Lee family. Mr. Park isn’t a selfish man who just wants his business to flourish and it was no doubt that he loves Chaelyn more than anything in the world after his wife has left them. Even though it wasn’t a right thing to do, but from time to time, Mr. Park would have someone to check on how is Chaelyn doing outside of the house, which was the reason why Mr. Park have gotten to know that Donghae was Chaelyn’s crush during their junior years.
 
On top of that, the Lee and Park family have been really good friends for years, thus, Mr. Park will be rest assured if Chaelyn becomes a part of the Lee family because he trusts Mr. and Mrs. Lee to take good care of his daughter. Moreover, he knows how Donghae is, which was why he has recommended Chaelyn for the marriage. But of course, he wouldn’t force Chaelyn to do anything that she doesn’t want to. So, at the end of the day, it’s still Chaelyn’s decision since this concerns about her lifelong happiness.
 
He knocked on the door before opening it, revealing Chaelyn who was on her bed, reading her book. He smiled a little, knowing that reading storybooks is one of Chaelyn’s favourite past time. ‘Haven’t turn in yet?’ He asked as he walked over to her bed before sitting on it. Chaelyn shut her book, placing it aside, knowing that her father wants to talk to her thus; she wanted to give him her full attention. ‘Yeah, I’ll be turning in soon.’ Mr. Park nodded before starting to ask what he really wanted to, ‘So, where did you and Donghae go today? Looks like you guys had fun.’
 
‘He took me over to meet his grandfather. Grandpa Lee is a really nice person and I had a nice talk with him, so technically, you can say that I had fun.’ Chaelyn shrugged, smiling. Mr. Park inwardly heaved a breathe of relief when he saw Chaelyn’s smile. He was afraid that she was being mad at him for not telling her the reason for the dinner with the Lee family and just made her think that it was a casual dinner between the two families. But seeing Chaelyn’s smiling now, he knows that everything is fine between the two of them.
 
‘Chaelyn, I’m really sorry for what I’ve did… I’ve talked to Donghae’s parents about it and they’re fine with you rejecting it, so–’ Before Mr. Park can even finish whatever he wanted to say, Chaelyn cut him off, putting her hand over his and looked at him with a serious expression.
 
‘Daddy… I’ll think over about the marriage. Just give me some time to consider.’

Decided to post another update because I'll get pretty busy next week! TT______TT
Hope you guys like this update and remember to subscribe and comment! ^_^;;