Chapter 7

Unspoken

 

Chapter VII
 
Chaelyn pulled her hand away from Donghae’s and massaged her temples, ‘Let’s just stop talking about this.’ She looked around her and realized that they’ve already reached Siwon’s place and was about to open the door before Donghae stopped her. He smiled, the kind which will make girls swoon over him and stated, ‘We’ll talk about this later, alright?’ He then went down the car and jogged over to Chaelyn’s side to open the door for her. She rolled her eyes, knowing that this is one of Donghae’s tactics to charm her off before stepping out of the car.
 
She then went off without waiting for Donghae even though he quickly locked his car and followed her at the back without her noticing. Chaelyn was on the verge of being insane. How can Donghae make her heart palpitate at one time, and then act like a jerk the other time? Just one day with him is enough to drive her crazy. She ruffled her hair roughly and realized that almost everybody was whispering among themselves and she immediately flustered, wondered if she did anything embarrassing while thinking about Donghae.
 
 Everybody in the party was actually wondering why the two of them were seen together since most of them invited to the party are from the same school as Donghae and Chaelyn, almost everyone of them knows about Chaelyn’s confession and her crush on Donghae. Chaelyn bit her lower lips and tucked her hair behind her ear – an action she always does whenever she’s nervous – when she heard the whispers getting louder and louder. She quickly walked over to where her clique always hangs out at, wanting nothing but to join them.
 
Due to her nervousness, she almost tripped over before an arm encircled her waist, pulling her close to his body. Chaelyn’s eyes were squeezed shut as she was already anticipating the fall. ‘Are you okay?’ A smooth voice said, making her open her eyes. Donghae looked at her with a hint of worry in his expression. Chaelyn pulled herself away from Donghae as far as she could before swiping imaginary dust on her dress. She silently groaned to herself as her face flushed red, knowing what are the whisperings around her are about. She noticed that her clique was also looking at the two of them because of the commotion. Bowing her head due to embarrassment, she ran over to where her clique is, leaving Donghae standing there alone. 
 
Everyone was looking at Chaelyn with an amused look, wondering what's going on as she just downed a drink from the table, trying to calm herself down. 'It's all Donghae's fault! Everyone's probably laughing at me because of him again.' She thought to herself. She was deep in thoughts before someone cleared his throat, catching her attention. She frowned when she saw Donghae smiling and standing beside where she was sitting. 'Why are you following me? Can't you just go and find your friends already?' Chaelyn hissed angrily, hoping that Donghae would actually give her a night of peace already. 'Uh, Chaelyn, just so you know, my friends are here as well, so technically, I'm not following you.' He gestured towards Jungsoo and Siwon while having a teasing smile playing on his lips. 
 
Chaelyn blushed in embarrassment before Minri cleared . 'Hi Chae and uh, Donghae. Mind enlightening us on why did you guys came to the party together?' She smiled teasingly towards Chaelyn, only to receive a glare from her. 'Well, we just came over from a family dinner discussing about our marriage.' Donghae explained on behalf on Chaelyn, making things a little way too simplified. Of course, that has caused uproar among Chaelyn's clique. 
 
'Marriage?! Oh my god, Chae! Why didn't you say anything about it to your best friend? I'm so hurt.'
 
'Have you two been dating with each other secretly? Why didn't anyone of us know?'
 
'You guys are serious about the marriage?' 
 
'What?! Marrying this jerk? Even if Chaelyn accepts it, I will never agree to it.' 
 
Well, the last comment was of course, given by Kim Heechul who has a really bad impression of Donghae ever since he rejected Chaelyn, making Chaelyn cry and tried really hard to change her past appearance. Heechul and Donghae stared at each other and before an intense atmosphere can even engulf them all, Siwon quickly went over to Donghae and placed an arm around him, 'Hey, so I haven't been able to catch up with you for a long time, let's just go over to the bar for some catching up.' He said and dragged Donghae over. 
 
After the two men settled down, Siwon grinned, 'Yah! What happened between you and Chae? She never keeps secret from us and yet she didn't tell us about you two dating. But seriously though, you both really did a great job in hiding the relationship.' Donghae laughed, shaking his head before he ordered his drink. He then said, 'Siwon, your imagination is getting more and more creative. You know I've been with Jungha for all these while, and I'm a faithful guy. How could I possibly date Chaelyn when I'm with Jungha? What's more, it's not even a month since I broke up with Jungha.' 
 
Siwon frowned at his reply, 'Alright, now I'm confused. If that's the case, why are you and Chae getting married then?' Donghae shrugged and explained everything to Siwon who listened intently. Siwon pat on Donghae’s shoulder, ‘Hae, I’m really sorry to hear about what happened to your grandfather. But in all honesty, you’re being unfair to Chaelyn.’ Siwon stated. ‘But Siwon, I can’t afford to waste anymore time. My grandpa needs to be happy.’ Donghae retorted, making Siwon cut him off harshly before he could even continue. ‘And why should Chaelyn be the pawn to your grandfather’s happiness?’ He questioned, making Donghae speechless.
 
Donghae knows that Siwon was right. He is nobody to Chaelyn, so what rights does he have to force her to become the pawn to his grandfather’s happiness? He knows that what he wanted to do was wrong, but he didn’t have a choice.
 
‘Donghae, I have known Chaelyn since elementary school. I know how is she like. Chaelyn is a really nice and kind girl. I hope that you wouldn’t make use of her kindness. If this is the only way, then I really hope that the least you do is to treat her right. She deserves her own happiness too, not just you and your grandfather.’ Siwon patted his shoulders and gave him an encouraging smile as his gaze was directed to Chaelyn who was ruffling her hair in frustration while her friends were laughing at her. 

 

Sorry for the late update! Was over at my friend's house and since I saved this fic in my computer and I didn't brought it along with me, it explains for the late update. >_<;; But anyways, hope you guys like this update and do remember to comment! It encourages me to write more reading those comments ^.^