It's ok?

That Empty Spot

Days later…

 

“Mark, I have to tell you something,” Jaebum said as he entered Mark’s room. Youngjae was out buying doggy pads for Coco.

“Sure, what is it JB?” Mark closed the laptop on his lap and sat up straight. He smiles to the leader.

“It’s about Youngjae,” Jaebum responded only to have looked serious to Mark.

“Isn’t it better to ask him personally,” Mark answered still with a smile on his face. He already had a good idea of what this talk was to be about.

“Youngjae has a crush, and he won’t tell me who it is, so that is why I’m telling you. I don’t think this is good, it might start some drama with our career and fans,” Jaebum answered, “Tell me who it is?”

“JB, even if I knew who it was, I wouldn’t tell you. Isn’t that pretty unfriend of me to tell you when he only talks about it with me. His crush is nothing but innocent, you should let him, I think it’s cute seeing him like this. It may make him write more happier songs than his ballads or ‘Hey,’” Mark laughed so openly. “And do you really need to know who? As long as fans don’t know, there won’t be a problem.”

Jaebum sighed, “What about Eunjin? Why do I always hear her name?”

“That was just me guessing, he is really close to her so I thought it was her. Could be. It would be cute, they are cute together, I-,” Mark stops as he stared at Jaebum’s features, chin tight. Then Mark dares to ask, “JB, do you not want Youngjae to be in a relationship?”

“No. I mean, yes, nothing, it’s just that,” Mark saw Jaebum become like this, it was odd, seeing the leader confused.

“Why? Tell me? If I were to have a crush, would you care so much?” Mark grinned.

“I would worry as well,” Jaebum commented back.

“Worry? Youngjae and I are both adults, we don’t need someone to worry about us,” Mark chuckles.

“I don’t think I can see Youngjae love someone else right now,” Jaebum whispered, avoided contact with Mark, when Mark finally understood…

“He is not your real brother, he can take care of himself, he is old enough to date and if he does like Eunj-“ Mark stopped as he was sent a glare.

“This is not what a brother would feel,” Jaebum then leaves the room in a hurry, ignored Mark’s calls for him.

Jaebum is not feeling what a brother should feel. He is not feeling what a leader should feel. He is feeling what an unrequited lover feels.

He does what he does when he’s mad, and goes to sleep.

 

--------------

A month later… Jakarta Fan-meet

 

“I’ll do it with Youngjae!” Mark said as his post it note said to do the pepero game with someone. It wasn’t like Mark was trying to get a reaction from Jaebum, actually he did. Youngjae got the pepero stick in his mouth, and Mark made it so they were literally in front of Jaebum.

Mark bit a part of the pepero treat. He turns away soon after, it feels weird to do this with Youngjae, it would be easier to do it with Jinyoung. Youngjae eats more of his pepero to make it smaller. Jaebum finally turns to face them, still sitting in his chair, right behind them. Then Mark grabs Youngjae’s cheeks and neck with both his hands while Youngjae, surprised, grabs onto Mark’s arms, then Jaebum gets out of his chair and walks away, cringing. Mark gets away too, leaving Youngjae cluthing onto his chest. Youngjae has always felt odd doing these type of things. He remembers the last time, it was with Jaebum, he felt his heart was going to stop. But this time, it wasn’t a "safe" distance. Mark goes back to Youngjae, grabs his cheek with one hand and his neck with the other. Making Youngjae face upward. Jaebum returns only to have a really big forced smile, he is right in front of them, to see very close, will their lips touch? Mark goes to eat what is little of the pepero, only to have Youngjae and himself turn away as they felt their lips almost brush. “Mo! Mo, mo, mo, mo!” Youngjae chants as he runs far off the end of the stage. Jaebum only staring at the pepero that fell from Youngjae’s lips to the ground…

 

“Chic and y,” Jaebum said as he put his mic down. Youngjae had chosen a post it note that said Jaebum to back hug him. Youngjae thought it was cute, he knows Jaebum hugs him when they sleep, and the last time he was back hugged was in the Korean Hangul Lessons when another fan had asked. Youngjae had his arms wide open, Jaebum behind him, moving Youngjae’s head to look forward and not behind. “Don’t look back,” Jaebum told Youngjae secretly, but why did Youngjae feel odd. Jaebum was taking too long, and planning this quick request to make it longer. Jaebum felt happy, excited, nervous, and wanted this so much. Youngjae felt goose-bumps as Jaebum’s hand suddenly were felt on his sides, then slowly rising up to his mid abdomen. Tingles were felt from both of them. Jaebum couldn’t stop smiling, it was so foreign to feel like Youngjae like this, so intimate. Jaebum’s hand reached to Youngjae’s chest, his left almost reaching is jawline when he stopped it, while the other, was reaching the other side, but as his right thumb glided over Youngjae’s , Youngjae crouched down and shook his head. Jaebum let go, and patted Youngjae on the back before leaving to walk in a circle, only to make contact when Youngjae moved his chair back away from the center.

----------------

 

“So. What is it Jaebum?” Mark asked him.

“What?” Jaebum was confused, the show had barely ended and was now being questioned by Mark.

“I thought it was only fans who were looking at it too hard, but, when Youngjae lost playing Rock Paper Scissors, I back hugged him, and you went to pat him after,” Mark smiled, “I’m surprised though, you didn’t look mad when we practically kissed. Mark of course well knew they didn’t touch lips, at least he doesn’t think so, it was so faint. “I already know JB. I already know”

Jaebum watched as Mark smirked and walked away. “You won’t say anything?”

“Nope,” Mark stretched as he walked to the door, only to stop and add, “But you should.” Mark didn’t know how Jaebum could miss it. Youngjae has been picking post it notes about Jaebum twice now, and how happy Youngjae is with it. Not only that, but Youngjae mentioning that his crush stares at him too long. Mark understood, this time he really did.

 

-------------

 

“What?” Youngjae had answered, heat going towards his ears.

“Is your crush any of the members?” Mark said more clearer. Mark wanted to know, he wanted to know if Jaebum and Youngjae were feeling this way. It would make him feel better of his feelings toward someone else.

“Um, n-no hyung,” Youngjae responded.

“Youngjae-ah, I won’t tell anyone. I will understand, really,” Mark grabbed Youngjae’s hand, holding it tightly to show he cared. Youngjae smiled softly.

“It is…” Youngjae only stared at their hands.

“Is it me?” Mark smirked.

“What? No hyung,” Youngjae and Mark both laughed.

“It’s JB.” Mark stopped laughing and waited for the other to stop.

“Ha-how did you know,” Youngjae looked scared, like he did something wrong, “Was it, is it.”

“No, well, not to him at least. Youngjae, this isn’t anything bad,” Mark comforted him, Youngjae really looked scared and sad.

“Hyung, he-, this isn’t ok. We are band-members and-and…” Youngjae takes a deep breath and only whispers, “guys.”

“I don’t think it matters, and it shouldn’t. I don’t think Jaebum would care either.”

“Jaebum, I’ve seen his face, when I was pretending to kiss Jinyoung for the act, when I was doing the pepero with you,” Youngjae whimpered out, “he looked disgusted.”

“That is just his face, you know he is just cringing. Besides, he has kissed Jinyoung and Jackson before,” Mark laughs as Youngjae’s head sinks lower, “Don’t worry Youngjae-ah! You are ok!” Mark laughs and hugs his deongsang. He really hopes Jaebum and Youngjae would be ok.

 

---------

 

‘Even though it’s dangerous,

Little bit more (little bit closer),

I want you all of you, yeah,

It’s not something that doesn’t make sense,

It this is a sin a sin a sin,

I always think of you,

Even if I want to stop,

I can’t stop myself,

I’m doomed now,

To live without you baby,

 

If this is a sin…’

 

Sighs in the dark room, “I don’t care anymore.”

 

 

---------------

A/N: 1470 words. HI!! Sorry again if this is boring but it should be nearing the end now? Maybe.. i don't know, i didn't have this planned out haha but i hope this is fun for you all to read ^-^ and i'm sure you know who doesn't care anymore haha but thanks for reading <3