Happy Ending with You

That Empty Spot

“Mark-hyung?” Youngjae spoke softly, as they were just getting ready to sleep.

“Yes Youngjae?” Mark as well spoke softly, not being surprised that the younger was awake late into the night.

“If people stare at you a lot, does it mean something?” Youngjae asked nervously.

“Huh?” Then Mark starts laughing his high pitched laugh, and Youngjae hits the roof of the bunk bed where Mark is up on.

“Hyung! Why are you laughing” Youngjae smiles.

“Because we are always being stared at Youngjae,” Mark’s laughter quiets down but still with a smile on his face.

“I know we are! It’s no time for you jokes hyung!” Youngjae pouts, but it only makes Mark let out a quick giggle at how cutely childish his dongsaeng can be. “I meant, someone who isn’t a fan…” Youngjae’s voice lower.

“Huh? You mean staff? I think they too need to always stare, mostly if they are taking pictures,” Mark answers, still with his smile.

“Hyung…” Youngjae whines, “I mean, when your friend or someone you know is staring a lot, and doesn’t turn around right away.”
“You mean when someone stares at their crush and gets caught?” Mark smirks.

“Uh, I don’t think he will have a crush on that person though…” Youngjae doubts Jaebum would stare at him because he has a crush.

“How would you know Youngjae? Wait…” Mark smirks again, “Is this about Eunjin?”

“Hyung!” Youngjae whines.

“Ok ok! But Eunjin is very cute and I think both of you would be cute,” Mark smiles, but then his smile falters as he hears and sees the door creaking open.

“Sorry, I was just checking how you both were doing,” Jaebum spoke softly.

“Fine hyung,” answered Youngjae, a little uncomfortable that his hyung could have heard everything.

“Ok, um… Youngjae come here,” Jaebum spoke. He is just curious, Jaebum has given up on trying to get Youngjae to reciprocate his love for him, so Jaebum has been feeling lost, like usualy. Although, Youngjae didn’t feel like Jaebum has been helping him.

 

------

It's Skin Event...

“Sleep well, my baby~” Jaebum sang to Youngjae, as he helped Youngjae get up from where he fell after playing musical chairs with fans. Youngjae just smiled, but he could feel Jaebum’s hand, patting him and it made Youngjae nervous because there where fans everywhere. While Jaebum, got caught by Jackson, and Jackson of course smiled. Jaebum understands Jinyoung knows what feelings he has, but maybe Jackson does too.

------

It’s Skin Event…

 

“What is it hyung?” Youngjae closed Mark’s and his room’s door. He slowly turned around to meet his hyungs glaring.

“Youngjae, who is it?” Jaebum spoke rather cold. It made Youngjae confused and frown.

“Who?” Youngjae spoke, he wouldn’t think Jaebum would in, he wouldn’t think Jaebum would bring this up again.

“Who is this crush? Who does Mark think you would look cute with?” Jaebum makes it clearer. Jaebum can’t control his curiosity but it almost angers him that Youngjae won’t reveal who it is to him. Although it hurts him that Youngjae likes someone other than him, someone else, where Youngjae could possibly be staring at the same way Jaebum stares at Youngjae…

------

Its Skin Event

Jaebum got to sit next to Youngjae, his quick glances soon turning into long staring, careful staring and longing…

‘He is so cute but also handsome. How is that even possible?’ Jaebum looked at every soft feature Youngjae had: His almond eyes; his droppy eyebrows that made him appear even more innocent like a puppy; his cute nose which curves and the tip being soft looking; he stares at his nostrils and looks away, remembering how Youngjae is so proud of his heart shaped nostrils. He turns again, and looked directly at his mole under his eyes, the one on his neck, a smooth neck. Then his eyes set on Youngjae’s lips, his pink, full lips. He remembers how chapped they were before, from the lack of chapstick, and also lip biting and lip plucking, Jaebum remembers. And just like now, he still wishes to feel how they would feel on his. Only when Youngjae turns the other way, is when Jaebum does the same, as if he was doing nothing at the moment.

------

G Starzone Ambassador

It happens again, although he lingers for a while just on his eyes until Youngjae looks up at him and Jaebum starts to smile and slowly looks away. This confused Youngjae a lot, a reason why he went to speak with Mark, but Mark did no help.
Youngjae wants Jaebum to not stare at him, it gets him flustered and nervous, he feels like he shouldn’t look back but he can’t help.

He remembers when they won for their Fly concept; Jaebum was next to him and turned to look at him, Youngjae already had his lips pursed up in a smile and Youngjae turned to catch his hyung directly looking at him, and leaning in. Jaebum could have done it. Youngjae thought he would. But it’s something they both are too coward to do, not only in public but in private.

------

 

“It’s no one hyung…” Youngjae shyly says, “I was talking to Mark hy-“

“YAH!” Jaebum is frustrated, tired, sad, exhausted, why couldn’t the person he love, love him, or at least be honest and reject him so Jaebum could loose the remaining hope he had. “Youngjae-ah! You can’t be hiding this!”

“Why not hyung? I’m sure everyone does! And and, I know you would too!” Youngjae is so confused, why is this bothering his hyung a lot.

“Then why can you tell Mark but not me? I thought we were close,” Jaebum was feeling more sorrow than actual anger now. Although, bring Mark probably would do nothing, he still feels jealous.

“What? It’s different hyung, I’m sure you would understand…” Youngjae spoke.

“No I wouldn’t, I thought you would tell me everything, remember how we shared everything?” Jaebum said softly, ‘Even beds…’ Jaebum still remembers the late night talks, and taking care of each other.

“I am close to Mark, you are close to Jomalone hyung, we can have other friends too and not think we don’t care about the other because we share different things,” Youngjae was getting annoyed. Jaebum can be close and hide things from him, but can’t leave Mark and him alone. “Why do can you play around with Jomalone but I can’t play around with Mark?”

“What? I never said you couldn’t,” Jaebum frowned.

“You always tell us to stop or not do things, I don’t prevent you from playing around with Jackson or going out to Jomalone’s house.”
“Why are you bringing up Jomalone?”

“I’m trying to say that you both have so much in common, and that is the same with me and Mark-hyung,” Youngjae’s palm is sweating, he feels so weird in this position, “I’m going back.”
Before he can turn around, Jaebum grabs Youngjae’s wrist and pulls him to the leaving room, further away into the living room. Then Jaebum turns around and look too hard at Youngjae, as if asking him to speak more.

“Jomalone likes your R&B music, he likes that kind of mature songs…” ‘But at the LA fanmeet, you picked a question that asked about what makes me like it and write it, and it’s you.’ Jaebum only thinks after Youngjae spoke. “You and him are the same age, you both are considered chingu…” ‘But I rather hear you say what you said in our 3rd anniversary v live, your ‘Jaebummieee~’ “And there is also Nora.”

“What about Nora?” Jaebum froze.

“Jomalone can actually take care of her. He is taking care of her, your daughter you miss so much and it’s my fault she isn’t here because I couldn’t endure for just meas-“

All Youngjae can feel is warmth. Arm around his back, and another arm around his neck and holding softly to the back of his head. Jaebum’s cheek resting on his, a very warm cheek, he doesn’t know if he is the one blushing.

“I told you to not blame yourself for what happened to Nora,” Jaebum starts rubbing his fingers along Youngjae’s scalp. He can feel Youngjae’s soft breaths on his neck. He breathes in his scent more. But just as much as he hopes he can stay like this longer, he needs to distance himself, and he lets Youngjae go, staring at those innocent eyes.

“It’s ok if you don’t want to tell me, but you can tell me anything just like I would tell you anything,” Jaebum smiles as much as he is allowed to, trying to hold in his screams for how much he likes Youngjae, how much he wants to hold on longer.

“You both also write the music you both like,” Youngjae softly smiles at ground.

“You don’t think I enjoyed writing 1:31am with you,” Jaebum smiles bigger.

“But I decided on that genre, and even the name!” Youngjae is whinning cutely. Jaebum reaches and pats Youngjae’s head.

“I love it because I made it with you, and seeing you put so much heart into it, it makes me happy, you know I’m your biggest fan,” Jaebum smiles, blush appearing a little.

“Hyung~ That’s so cheesy,” Youngjae laughs.

“I’m serious though, let’s write another 1:31am song,” Jaebum checks the time, almost nearing that time soon.

“How about we sleep at that time,” Youngjae chuckles out. He feels the hand leave his head and go to rest on his cheek.
Jaebum is just staring at Youngjae, although Youngjae is just one inch smaller, Youngjae needs to look up a little to set his eyes on his. “Let’s make the next song, where the other is healthy, and we will see each other.” Jaebum smiles softly, his mouth slightly open.

“So, you want a happy ending,” Youngjae whispers.

“I do,” Jaebum leans in closer; Youngjae could feel his breaths as he whispers, “with you.”

“What?” Youngjae’s eyes widen, and his heart starts pounding, he doesn’t want to jump to conclusions. “We-we, a-are happy now right? You’re not mad I won’t tell you who my crush is?”

Jaebum glares, “I was forgetting that. Stop bringing it up if you don’t want me to know,” Jaebum smiles a little.

Youngjae hits Jaebum’s chest, separating them. “Hyung!”

Eventually they go back to their beds, although Jaebum falls asleep with a smile on his face, if only Youngjae wouldn’t be so oblivious, and wouldn’t ruin what he was trying to do. He only wishes to hold him, and feel those pink lips against his own. He listened to Sin, his song talking about how he can't be with someone because it is dangerous, and considered wrong in their situation, but he can't help it. Those songs, during the Los Angeles Fanmeet, when Youngjae asked how and why he wrote them, he felt like just answering simply, "Because of you." But instead he answered, "Imagination and experience."

Although Jaebum has been experiencing forbidden love. Unrequited love. Longing. Although Youngjae thinks they have a happy ending now, Jaebum hopes for a happy ending with him alone. Although a happy ending is far from what he can see.

------

1,774 words

A/N: I have no idea what i did.. sorry xD Sorry for promising a chapter on Thursday and it didn't happen :( Sorry! *bows* but i have two jobs now and full time student and ahh! and i come home so tired and sleepy haha 

Also! Thank you for another upvote!!! you are all so sweet who message and are reading <33 it makes me feel like this isn't too boring /.\ love you all! hope to see you soon again <3