Don't endure your feelings

That Empty Spot

Ever since Nora came back into Jaebum’s room, Youngjae couldn’t get close to the room. Of course Jaebum was considerate enough to not let Nora out of his room, but Youngjae had a feeling he had before, guilt.

 

Youngjae was happy to see Jaebum more happier, because Nora was very special to him, now Jaebum could see her everyday. Jaebum could pet her everyday, and hug her everyday. And Youngjae thought about enduring, but Youngjae knew he would leave before those three months, so he decided he shouldn’t.

 

“Ah-chooo!” Youngjae sniffs his boogers back in. “Sorry hyung,” he smiles.

“It’s alright Youngjae-ah,” Jaebum smiles back, “I’m sorry, I might still have fur on me.”

“It’s ok, I’m going to just get a water bottle and head to bed,” Youngjae smiles and goes ahead while Jaebum follows. “I’m happy you have Nora back! You must be so happy.”

“Yeah,” Jaebum just smiles at Youngjae’s back.

They get what they went for in the kitchen, while Jaebum secretly watches Youngjae.

“Goodnight Hyung,” Youngjae smiles at him and then turns to leave.

“Ah… Youngjae-ah,” Jaebum tries, but as Youngjae looks back at him, he decides he shouldn’t. “Uh, goodnight.” He smiles back

Youngjae smiles and heads off.

Jaebum sighs, and heads back to his room. Only to smile when he sits and Nora comes crawling to him. He whispers to her, “I wish I could be with you both.”

-------------

            As Got7 enter the fansign event, Jaebum and Jackson are last to go up the stage, while Jaebum back hugs Jackson, they walk-run to the stage. Jackson has been sick for a couple of weeks, and he knows Jackson still must be tired, and he knows Jackson loves skinship. Jaebum enjoys hugging the other because Jackson always accepts it, and for some reason, he doesn’t feel nervous when he does it to Jackson. When it’s with Youngjae, his stomach turns, and he feels his face warm up.

--------------

            Youngjae is the first to go into his room. Jaebum had found it weird, so he headed to his room to check on him.

“Youngjae-ah?” He knocks but no one answers, so he knows again, and the door opens.

“Yes hyung?” Youngjae seems tired.

“Are you feeling ok?” Jaebum asks slowly.

“Yes hyung,” Youngjae answers.

“Okay, um, well I was just checking up-“
“I was just going to sleep hyung,” Youngjae’s tone is dull. Empty and it makes Jaebum glare at Youngjae.

“I’m coming in,” before Youngjae protests, Jaebum squeezes between the door and Youngjae. Youngjae sighs and closes the door and sits on the bed next to Jaebum, who has made himself comfy. “So what is going on? You are speaking so annoyed at me?”
“I’m not hyung,” although Youngjae’s voice is still the same, “I’m just tired.”

“I’m glad your allergies aren’t acting up,” Jaebum smiles at Youngjae.

“It’s because you haven’t been with Nora since morning,” Youngjae replies.

“Does that mean I can hug you without you sneezing on me,” Jaebum chuckles, and he is happy he could see the other smile, just a little bit.

            There is silence for a bit, as Jaebum just lays down staring at the ceiling. “When are you going back to your room? It’s getting late hyung.”

“When you tell me what is wrong with you,” Jaebum turns to look at Youngjae.

Youngjae sighs, “It’s nothing really. Let’s just go to sleep.” As Youngjae was about to stand up, Jaebum grabs his hand and keeps him sitting there.

“You haven’t left yet, but I miss you,” Jaebum’s voice is soft and a whisper, even though Youngjae can’t see him, he can probably still see the sadness.

“Hyung, what are you talking about, I’m not going anywhere,” Youngjae avoids eye contact, he feels like he can’t face him.

“You’re moving out soon and I won’t see you when you wake up or go to sleep, or see if you’re okay,” Jaebum breathes in slowly, “Won’t you miss being here?”

Youngjae turns around faces Jaebum, who looks so sad, but Youngjae can’t understand why, he isn’t leaving forever, “I will still see you, everyday, our schedules will make sure of it hyung.”
“What about when I just want to come into your room, and watch Naruto, or One Piece, or when you feel sad, who will comfort you, or when I’m…”

“Hyung, there is phones, and I don’t think you need me to watch anime,” Youngjae giggles at Jaebum’s reasoning.

“So you’re not upset anymore?” Jaebum smiles.

“I… I think I may be missing someone else other than Mark-hyung,” Youngjae has said he will miss Mark since he went to film in the jungle. Although Youngjae felt that since Nora came, now Jaebum is hard to talk to. Jaebum is usually in his room, and when he does come to be near Jaebum, Youngjae knows he is fully of cat fur.

“Who?” Jaebum smiles, “Is it, a leader perhaps?”

“I’m going to sleep,” Youngjae smiles and stands up before realizing Jaebum’s hand is still in his. “Umm?”

“Ah,” Jaebum laughs, making Youngjae laugh too as they both stand up. Jaebum gets closer to Youngjae and hugs him with his other hand. “I will miss this with you.”

“Huh? What?” And Jaebum’s heart feels a pang because Youngjae doesn’t seem to take the moving out more difficult than him. How can Youngjae not know what will change as soon as he moves out, no more late night talks, no more comforting each other, no more cuddling, no more hugs, and no more of Jaebum being the one to wake him up in the morning.

“Umm,” Jaebum pulls away, staring at Youngjae’s confused eyes, “I love you.” Jaebum moves Youngjae’s fringe so his forehead is showing, leaning in slowly, Youngjae only feels his hands become sweaty and his heart thumping. Jaebum places a soft kiss on his forehead. Jaebum pulls back slowly, looking at his dongsaeng for any signs of rejection, but then the younger smiles.

“Ye~” Youngjae giggles. “Are you mocking my kiss Jaebum-hyung?”

“No,” Jaebum smiles, “You’re suppose to say you love me too.”
“Huh?” Youngjae looks surprised; “You didn’t say it back to me!”

“I played the xylophone, didn’t I?” Jaebum holds Youngjae’s other hand, “I really do…”

“Really do love me?” Youngjae smiles, “I know hyung.” Youngjae chuckles.

“But not as a brother…” Jaebum looks serious, staring hard at Youngjae’s brown innocent eyes. “I’m sorry. Goodnight Youngjae-ah.”

As Jaebum begins to let go of Youngjae’s hands, as Jaebum begins to walk out the door, Youngjae couldn’t bring himself to say anything to prevent the other to not leave. To say what Youngjae was thinking or felt. He endured his feelings; Youngjae couldn't say what he felt when Jaebum said those words, because Youngjae couldn't express his feelings. Youngjae felt sad upon hearing Jaebum appologize, apologize for loving him other than not a brother? For loving him as a friend? A teammate? 'Are we still friends?' As Youngjae' eyes begin to moisten, he was overthinking, he can't hurt Jaebum, he should endure his emotions, maybe Jaebum didn't mean it as a love for a lover, although he hoped for it.

------------

A/N I'm sorry?? i kinda predicted that Nora would come back and Jaebum said she is? But i'm waiting for pics too, and Youngjae's reaction? haha sorry again, i'm not good at this