Members

Life as Taeyeon

I recorded the song today. Everyone said it was amazing. I just imagined I was singing it to Tiffany. I haven’t seen her today yet. I left in the morning before she was up. I want to see her but I don’t want to see her. I thought a lot about yesterday. I won’t try to kiss her again, I haven't been thinking straight. I need to be the one that thinks about my actions.

I just hope she can continue to be the happy virus next to me for a long time. I’m fine with that. I want to be how we always are. As long as Tiffany is happy I’m happy because I love her. Isn’t that what love is about?

“Are we in agreement?” the contract oppa asks and hands me a pen

“Yes oppa.”

I take the pen and look at the line where I need to sign.

“3 more years in SNSD.” He confirms

I begin to sign, “Yeah 3 more years.”

We can all be together for 3 more years. I want to do activities with everyone else again. I love singing solo but it’s so much better when I’m with the other members. It’s very quiet without them. I haven’t even seen half of them because they’re so busy. I need to do something to congratulate Seohyun. Maybe I’ll buy her a small gift before I go back to the dorm.

I tell my manager oppa to stop in front of a few shops. I enter the first shop which is clothes shop. I immediately regret my decision. I don’t know what to buy, Seohyun doesn’t even know what she likes herself. I’ll just congratulate her with a hug. I’m not good at shopping. Should I buy Tiffany something? If she finds out I went to the shops and didn’t buy her anything she’ll be upset... No but then I have to get Seohyun something.

“Are you Taeyeon-unnie?” A teenage girl comes up to me. I realized I didn’t disguise myself very well.

“Oh.. Ah.. Yes.”

“Can I have a handshake?”

“Yes of course.” I say and shake her hand. After seeing that some other people take it as a sign that I’m giving out handshakes. I shake a few hands and I see people from outside taking pictures.

“I need to go now. Bye! Thank you everyone!” I say and try to leave before too many people come. As I walk back to the car I hear them calling

“Taeyeon-ah!”

“Unnie!”

“Taeyeon-ah!”

“Taeyeon-ssi.”

Before entering the car I turn back and wave.

They shout in happiness.

“Did you get what you wanted?” Manager oppa asks.

“Uh not exactly but it’s fine.”

“Are you sure ? I could take you to another store.”

“That’s OK. I want to go back to the dorm now.”

I still get slightly scared surrounded by lots of people if I’m not prepared even though I know they mean well.

I take out my phone and I have lots of messages in the group chat. Sunny invited everyone over to the dorm to congratulate Seohyun. It looks like everyone had the same thoughts as me so I smile at my phone.

 

When I get back to the dorm Tiffany and Sunny are putting up a few decorations. They put up a congratulations sign and they are hanging some balloons. Tiffany is standing on a step ladder to put up a balloon, she’s wearing an over sized Jersey. It looks like she isn’t wearing pants until she stretches up and I can see her super short denim shorts. Her legs look really pretty.

“Oh Taeyeon you finally decided to come home when we’re finished decorating.” Sunny comments hanging up the last balloon.

“Miane (sorry )” I say not feeling sorry.

“Welcome back.” Tiffany says softly.

“Since when is your voice so soft.” Sunny comments

“I’m not that loud!”

“That’s more like it.”

After a few minutes the other members start arriving. Sooyoung, hyoyeon and Yuri arrive bringing alcohol and snacks. Yoona arrives bringing her beautiful face. We told Seohyun a slightly later time. Now we’ve switched off the lights and we’re going to surprise her.

Seohyun opens the door and turns on the light looking confused.

“AH!” We shout

“Ah! UNNIES!” she shouts then laughs. She sees the congratulations sign and looks emotional.

“Seohyun-ah” we all say and go up to give her a group hug.

“Where was all this for my solo debut?” Hyoyeon comments

“Solo station and I sent you flowers.” Sooyoung replies

“Yah! Sooyoung!”

“Let’s just have some drinks.” Sunny says eyeing the alcohol then glaring at me as if to say none for you.

We joke around and have some snacks and drinks but I just have snacks.

“Our maknae all grown up.” Yoona comments tapping Seohyuns shoulder

“Yoona how old do you think you are?” Sunny retorts.

“I swear kids these days.” Hyoyeon says then takes a sip of mokgoli with her pinky up.

Everyone has a few more drinks.

“Now we just need SHY to debut!” Yuri says enthusiastically

“Yuri-ah it will never happen. Sooyoung can’t sing.” Hyoyeon says bluntly

“Excuse me! Me the goddess of singing? It’s you two that can’t sing.” Sooyoung retorts

“I can sing just fine. Yuri is the singing black hole.” Hyoyeon points to Yuri.

“WHAT!” Yuri shouts

“Am I not included in this unit because I can sing?” Yoona adds

“Guys relax you all can’t sing.” Sunny joins

“You’re one to talk!” They all say at the same time then burst out laughing.

Things are getting rowdy in that corner. As expected it’s way more lively with all the members here. Tiffany has been oddly quiet today though. Is it my fault? Seohyun has had some drinks so now she’s acting all cutesy. She’s busy hugging my arm, “After all these years now you act like a maknae.” I joke.

“Unnie!” She moans and taps me.

“I’m joking.” I chuckle, “I’m sure your solo will go great. We’re all proud of you. It’s what you’ve wanted.”

“Aww thank you!” she hugs my arm tighter.

“Now let go.” I tease and try push her off but she won’t let go.

“NO!” she moans

“Seohyun-ah how old are you?” I chuckle

“I’m still younger than you unnie.” She giggles

Next I feel Tiffany hug my other arm and I can hear my heart beat.

“Fany-ssi?”

“You were cuddling with seohyun so why can’t you cuddle with me too?” She says partly moping.

“Um, I guess we can.” I say with a slight grin.

“AH! Look at Taetiseo that’s why they have a unit! We should be hugging!” Yuri shouts,

“Sooyoung come to oppa.” Yuri says trying to hug sooyoung but she’s trying to resist the embrace, “Yuri calm your hormones.”

Yuri tries to change her target, “Yoona-yah! Come to oppa. “

“Yah Yuri stay away!” She moans trying to move away.

“Seohyun-ah come give unnie a kiss.” Sunny calls

“No Sunny-unnie! Not again!”

“Seohyun-ah! “ Sunny calls now walking towards Seohyun so she gets up as Sunny tries to grab her for a kiss.

I forgot all the chaos this group causes . Tiffany is still cuddling me until Yuri makes her way to our side.

“Fany-ah!” She opens her arms

Tiffany giggles, “Yuri-oppa!” she lets go of my arm to give Yuri a hug.

I look at them then end up breathing deeply and looking away.

Yuri oppa? Some fans call me taeng oppa. And Yuri is younger than you and a girl. At least I’m older.

“So Taeyeon-ssi how have you been?” I feel hyoyeon put her hand on my shoulder.

“Well you know. Just like usual I suppose.”

“That tells me nothing. This is why no one ever knows when you’re worried.”

“Just you Hyoyeon!” I joke.

“There has to be a member like that in every group.” She jokes back

Now yuri is trying to pick Tiffany up from the back for some reason.

“Yuri!” Tiffany laughs

I look away again, “So where have you been Hyoyeon?”

“Europe.” She pushes her hair back glamorously

I laugh, ‘So you did all your solo stages from Europe?”

“Of course!”

I joke around with Hyoyeon for a bit while Tiffany is flirting.. Joking around with Yuri.

“Are you all coming to my movie premier!” Yoona announces

“Of course!” We all call back but then I think about my schedule.

“Ah Yoona-yah I have a schedule... But I’ll try to come! Even if I can’t go I’m still supporting you! “

“Thank you Unnie. Don’t worry I understand.” She smiles.

Seohyun and Yoona had to leave because they have a busy schedule tomorrow. Hyoyeon also had to leave for some reason and Sunny can’t be found. It’s safe to say she went to her room to sleep because she was drunk. Yuri and Tiffany are still flir—joking around.

Sooyoung who has had a couple of drinks now comes up to me as I was just about to go to my room. She puts her arm around me , “I heard about you and Tiffany.”

I stop breathing for a moment, “Heard about what?”

Sooyoung starts making kissing noises and I bash her.

“If we’re being honest I’m not surprised. I’m not surprised but I’m surprised. I mean you two are reeeaally close. Tiffany’s phone is full of clothes and you but I’m not sure if I can support this.”

“There’s nothing to support! ” I defend

“Taeyeon! You boring person! I was just saying that because I have to! You two should just get married already!”

“How could we get married we’re both—“

Sooyoung pushes me, “Arghh Taeyeon-ssi, I don’t know what Fany sees in you.”

“Are you guys talking about me?” Tiffany walks up cutely

“NO! No! No!” Sooyoung says making it obvious that we were.

“What were you talking about?” She asks

“YURI-AH! LETS GO!” Sooyoung calls out walking towards yuri signalling to the door. I lock the door after they leave then collapse on the couch.

I’m so tired! I’m not cleaning up now.

Tiffany sits down next to me, now really curious about what Sooyoung and I were talking about, “I heard my name. You weren’t talking badly about me were you?” She pouts

I chuckle, “Yes we were!”

“Tae!” she bashes me.

“Did you have fun with Yuri?” I bring up

“I did, I feel like we haven’t seen each other in ages. It was great being with all the members. They’re like family!” She says happily.

How am I supposed to be jealous when you talk like that...

“YAH! FANY-AH!” I shout and she looks shocked, “You were having so much fun with Yuri! Are you divorcing me?”

She smiles and bumps me with her shoulder, “No! You’re my only wife taeyeon!” she stares at me with her crescent eyes.

I smile, “And what about Nichkhun!” I tease although I don’t like bringing him up.

“...You’re still number one... Tae.” She says softly in English