Night Out

Life as Taeyeon

My brother left. It was great to see him again but he made me think about some things. Telling my parents is something I never once considered. We haven’t even gone out for long and already broke up once. Its not that I doubt our relationship. I know for sure that I want to be with Tiffany. It hasn’t changed for 13 years so it won’t change. But my parents are very traditional as most Korean parents are. I can’t tell them. I want it to be a secret for as long as possible. 

I get a message from Sunny in the group chat. She says Jessica suggested we go to a club as a welcome back party. A club? There’s no way I’m going to a club. Especially if Jessica is there. She’s trouble I know it. Besides people will recognize us I don’t know what Sunny is thinking.

Soon Tiffany comes back and some guys I don’t know enter carrying suit cases. I don’t like strangers in the house but either way I’m glad she’s back. 

“Going to a club will be fun hey Tae.” She says happily 

“I’m not going. People will recognize us.”

“It’s dark, they’ll never expect it’s actually us and I heard it’s masquerade themed. Besides Yoona and Seohyun already can’t come and Sooyoung is in Spain.”

“And me as well. I’m also not going.”

She frowns, “I’m still going!”

Out of all places why a club? We never go to clubs. She can have fun without me. I hope Jessica doesn’t tell her that we kissed. Now I’m worried. I don’t trust Jessica. I relax on the couch and Tiffany gets ready to go. After some time she comes out and after I see her I stop breathing. What happened to masquerade? Where’s the long dress? She’s wearing a y short black dress. I don’t want her going to a club like that she looks too pretty and it’s revealing . What if people hit on her? 

“How do I look?” She asks striking a pose. 

I get up from the couch, “I’m coming with.”

She shows me a big eye smile, “I picked out some dresses that will suit you.” 

Out of the dresses Tiffany picked for me. I chose the slightly more modest blue and black dress with lace. It’s more modest but it doesn’t mean it’s modest. The others were just too much for something I would wear in my private life. I don’t know how she can wear these off stage. 

“I thought you would pick that one.” She says proudly 

I change and get ready. Tiffany is waiting in the lounge.

“y~” she says when she sees me. 

I smile and do a dorky y pose which makes her laugh. 

“You’ll see Tae. It will be fun.” 

“Don’t we need those masks.”

She walks to the table and takes out two matching black masquerade masks ,”I bought some when I went out.”

We take a taxi to the club and waiting there is Sunny, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Jessica. 

“Hey!” Tiffany says excitedly to everyone. 

“Fashionably late.” Hyoyeon jokes 

“Mian (sorry) “ I say 

“Should we go in” Sunny says.

Jessica is wearing a mask so I can’t really tell but she doesn’t look happy at me. We go inside and I’m really nervous about people noticing us. I think today is a drinking day for me this isn’t the type of situation I’m used to. We start off by getting shots. 

Club BGM

“Sica did you get prettier?” Yuri says to Jessica 

“Yuri-yah Sica has a boyfriend.” Hyoyeon says

“I know!  What? I can’t compliment someone!” Yuri defends 

Jessica smiles,  “I missed this.”

“Well Sunny is always looking for a drinking partner.” 

“You make it sound like I have a drinking problem.” Sunny whines 

We all keep quiet then laugh. 

“We can hang out again if you want Jess.” Tiffany says happily 

I think she missed her American friend more than people can tell. 

Tiffany starts dancing along to the music. I think her dancing was contagious because we all join. Maybe it isn’t so bad here. We get more drinks. 

I’m not sure how but we ended up getting separated with the other members. So I’m just with Tiffany. 

“See it’s fun!” Tiffany shouts

“Yeah it’s fun!” I shout back

She smiles but then two guys come up to us and start flirting on the dance floor. I ignore the one so both of them start targeting Tiffany. Not fun anymore. 

“She’s not interested.” I say 

“I don’t think you can speak for someone else.” The one says

“Just because we weren’t interested in you.” The other adds 

I grab Tiffany’s hand and pull her away, “I want to go home.”

“Taeyeon it’s fine. Don’t listen to them.”

I don’t care what they say.

“ I don’t want everyone looking at you.”

She breaks my grip, “That’s my job! People look at me all the time! You can’t stop that!”

She goes back to the dance floor by herself. I don’t think she gets what I’m trying to say. They aren’t looking at you as Tiffany. I go back to get another drink. 

I can see some guys looking at me but I think because of my aura they don’t get close. Tiffany’s too friendly they’re probably flocking to her. I down my drink then go back. As expected she’s dancing happily ignorant to the people gathering by her. I start to push through the people to get to her but then someone grabs my hand and I look back. It’s Jessica. 

“You left me yesterday.” She says

“You still haven’t told me how you know about the picture.”

“Maybe the company isn’t that great at keeping secrets anymore.”

“You aren’t how you used to be Sica.”

“People change. I  want to try repair our relationship.”

“I don’t believe you. You aren’t doing a good job of it.”

I use my side view to see a guy getting awfully close to Tiffany. 

“I just wanted you to notice me.”

“I’ve always noticed you.”

“Taeyeon my boyfriend is a jerk.”

“Sica I’m sorry if that’s true you need to leave him .”

“I can’t he’s part of the reason I left.” She moves closer to me so her body is touching mine, “You used to treat me so well.”

“Sica—“

Before I can finish I feel someone grab my other hand .It’s Tiffany and she doesn’t look happy. She pulls me away from Jessica. 

“You were standing very close to Jessica.” She complains 

“And you? What about that guy?”

“What guy?”

She pulls me into the bathroom. Then into the stall. 
She takes off her mask, “What were you doing with Sica?”

“We were just talking.”

“With her body pressed up against you.” She complains

Is Tiffany jealous? 

She presses her body up against mine then takes my mask off and kisses me, “Don’t cheat on me baby.” She whispers then puts her arms around my neck and kisses me again. 

OK this is happening... Was happening someone walked into the bathroom and Tiffany stops.

She’s breathing on me. I’m staring at her lips. They’re glossy and moist. I want to kiss her but before I can she puts a mask in front of my lips as if she was reading my mind. 

Soon the person leaves and we exit the stall. I was battling to get my mask on properly so Tiffany chuckles and does it for me, “I think you’re drunk.”

She looks at my lips and wipes away some smudged lipstick. While she’s wiping I stare at her exposed neckline. 

“Fany-ah don’t you want to go home.”

She pouts, “You always want to go home.”

“I’m !”

She laughs, “You’re definitely drunk. Do I make you that Taengu?” She teases 

“Yes! All the time!”  I confess 

She blushes and looks away, “Maybe we can go home...”

I grab her hand, “Let’s go.”

So we go home. Tiffany wasn’t ready for the party to end so she puts music on in the lounge. 

“Do you want champagne?” She asks and I nod. 

She pours me a glass of champagne and I down it. Things are becoming a bit fuzzy. 

Far East Movement - Don't Speak  comes on. 

I grab Tiffany and pull her closer, “You were so hot in that music video.” I say then I kiss her. 

I trip and we land up on the floor. 

I laugh. 

She grins, “You are so drunk.”

I grab the remote off the table and put this song on repeat. She sees what I’m doing, “Tae ! I’m not having to my own song!”

“Oh what you wanted to have ? I just like this song.” I tease 

She blushes, “Even drunk you’re annoying. ” She s the back of my dress, “You know why we came home. “

I take my dress off like a T shirt then I hers and pull it off, "You should have worn pants under this." I lecture.

She’s wearing familiar underwear. The ones I picked. I stop and stare. It’s see through so it doesn’t hide much and the black lace is a perfect contrast to her white skin. While I’m staring she changes our position so she’s on top.

“You don’t always get to be on top.”

Personally I think it’s super y when Tiffany is on top. She kisses me and I put my arms around her. 

“If I was a guy I could make you happier.” I slip out between our kissing. 

What am I saying? Where’s my filter? 

“I’ll buy you a strap-on for your Birthday.”

“And I can never tell my parents about us.”

She stops kissing me, “NEVER?” 

Oh no. 

Tiffany gets up and turns the music off, “I’m going to shower.”

I get up and grab her wrist, “Kajima (Don’t go) I won’t be able to sleep.”

“The alcohol will help.”

“You’ve met my parents. You understand I can’t tell them.”

“I can understand a lot of things Taeyeon. No marriage. No kids. But NEVER telling your parents. I can’t understand.”

I stare at her upset face .... Ah... I forgot. She has to give up so much for me. I can’t give her the ideal life she always wanted. She can’t even see her own family... and her mother left this world early. 

“I’ll tell them... but I can’t guarantee that they will continue to treat you like family. You know that...”

She looks away, “I know...”

“Wait a minute... Earlier did you say strap-on!” I now only process the shock. 

Tiffany’s face goes red, “I was just caught in the moment... Unless you want one...”

The door opens and Sunny is standing there. I look back, “Did you hear that...”

Sunny stares at the two of us in underwear ,”Unfortunately yes...”