Another Heartache

Falling Once Again


Chaeyoung was lying on her bed. It's been  a week since the incident happened. She tried calling Mina and sending her text messages but Mina isn't responding. 

She decided to stop. She thought that Mina needed to process everything and needed space so she gave her that.

Her phone lighted up. She opened her phone and saw that Mina left a message. She opened her messages app and read Mina's message.

'Meet me later at the park. 3PM'

Chaeyoung looked at the clock. It is already 2 PM. She rushed to the bath room and quickly took a shower. She wore her clothes and drove to the park.

She looked for Mina and saw that Mina was sitting on a bench. She smiled and ran towards Mina.

"Mina unnie, I'm really sorry for what happened. I was not in the---"

"Let's not see each other again." Mina said. 

"Mina, I told you I'm sorry."

Mina looked at her. "Everything's not right. I have a relationship with Momo. You're still inlove with me. I felt it when you kissed me. You still haven't move on. Chaeyoung, get over the past! I'm doing this for the both of us. I know you still have hope that one day, I'll be yours again." 

"Mina.. Just let me spend time with you... I love you. You're my everything."

"Get over with the past! I don't love you anymore. I don't want to be with you! I want you to stop messing with my life! I don't want to see you anymore! Get out of my life. Leave Momo and I alone. I don't need you! We don't need you!" Mina shouted.

Chaeyoung slapped Mina. Her hand made a red mark on Mina's cheek. 

"I can't believe that you said those things to me. You really want me to get out of your life. Your actions gave me a little hope. That time when I kissed you? That made me think that you want me to stay. That made me think that you still have feelings for me." 

"I guess you only kissed back because I'm a good kisser, right?" Chaeyoung let out a laugh. 

"I changed my mind. I really have to stop spending time with you. I should really move on. I should really move on. This is the first time I'm regretting something. I wish I did not meet you. I wish that I did not fall to you. I wish I did not treasured our memories because that will only keep me hurt. But someday, I'll get over you and if ever we'll meet once again I will show you that I don't need you like how you showed me right now." 

Chaeyoung smiled at Mina and turned around. Making Mina face her back and walk away. She did not shed a tear. She couldn't. She's tired. She's tired of hoping. She's tired of crying. She's tired of being a fool.

She drove back to her house and stayed in her room. She looked at the window and started thinking of ways on how to forget her.

On the other hand, Mina was still in the park. She let her tears fall as soon as Chaeyoung was out of her sight. It was never her intention to hurt the younger one more but she wants Chaeyoung to stay away for her. Chaeyoung would insist to be with her again so she has to say those things to Chaeyoung. The more time she spends to be with Chaeyoung, the harder she falls. She falls to Chaeyoung once again but she doesn't want to hurt Momo. Momo is a good person. As much as possible, Mina will do everything just to make Momo happy. 

She stayed on her car for a few minutes. She wonders if Chaeyoung is crying right now. She thought that Chaeyoung became stronger because she did not even shed a tear. She's proud of Chaeyoung because the last time she left Chaeyoung, the younger one cried.

After some moments, she drove her car. She stopped at a familiar place. It's Chaeyoung's house. She let out a pained smile as she remembered Chaeyoung's words. 

"I hope that 'one day' will approach soon. I want you to show me that you don't need me anymore. I want to see you happy. I want to see you with someon who could make you happy and will not hurt you. I love you, Chaeyoung." Mina said as she looked at Chaeyoung's house.

She wanted to say it infront of Chaeyoung but she doesn't have the courage to do it. She wanted to hug Chaeyoung but she couldn't. 

She drove back to her house and went to her room. She threw herself in her bed and closed her eyes trying to remember her memories with Chaeyoung once again.

She smiled as a tear escaped her eye.

'I said to get over with the past but I am the one who's not going to get over it.'