Break Up

Falling Once Again

Chaeyoung’s POV

-Flashback-

I’m at the park. Waiting for Mina, my girlfriend. She said she wants me to meet her here and she’ll say something important to me. It’s already night time though and it’s our 2nd Anniversary. I’m really happy right now and It’s also my birthday. Maybe this is the road to forever with Mina unnie?

I smiled as I looked at Mina who’s walking towards my direction. She’s really pretty. She’s a masterpiece. She’s an angel who fell from the heaven. I suddenly felt nervous because Mina looked serious when she saw me. Maybe she’s just tired from the activities…?

Mina stopped in front of me and looked at me with a serious face.

“Chaeyoung.” Mina said.

“Nae?”

“I have something to tell you.” Then she looked into my eyes with a sad look.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Let’s… Let’s break up.” Mina said in a serious tone.

“Ha-ha. That’s not a good joke, Myoui.” I shook my head. I know she won’t break up with me. She promised me that we will be together, forever.

“I’m sorry Chaeyoung. My feelings towards you changed. I’m really sorry. I love someone else.” She looked down. “I tried to ignore it but I can’t stand telling myself and you that I still love you. I’ll just fool myself and of course you if I continue to ignore that something changed.”

“Mina… I.. won’t believe you. You’re not serious, right?” Tears started to form in my eyes. I bit my lips to prevent them from falling.

“I’m sorry. We won’t see each other again. I’m leaving for Japan. I’m sorry if I hurt you. I’m sorry for everything and Thank you for the memories. Goodbye, Son Chaeyoung”

Mina was about to leave when suddenly, I pulled her for a hug. “Mina unnie, take care of yourself, okay? Take care of her. Don’t hurt her. She’s lucky to have you. Thanks for the 2 years. Happy Anniversary and goodbye, baby penguin. Goodbye, Myoui Mina” Tears started to fall. I felt Mina caressing my back to stop me from crying.

“Take care of yourself too, Chaeyoung. If you fall in love once again. Please don’t fall to someone like me. Thanks for everything. Sorry for giving you a bad birthday memory.” She pulled from the hug and walked away from me.

I’m frozen at my spot. I don’t know what to do. She’s my everything. She’s my world. I wish this is just a nightmare. If this is a nightmare please wake me up. Seeing her walking away from me feels like it’s the end of the world. I want to hate her but I can’t. I love her too much that I even if it hurts, I want to see her with someone she loves. I want her to stay but I want her to be with happy. I want to chase her but I know I’m making the right decision to let her go and to let her be happy.

-End of Flashback-

I’m here at the same place where she ended everything between us. This is the place where I last saw her.  This is where everything ended. This is where we celebrated our 2nd anniversary but sadly, it’s our last. It’s been a year since the break up but it feels like yesterday. Today was supposed to be our 3rd anniversary but yeah, she broke up with me. I wonder what Mina is doing? Does she remember that today is my birthday? I hope she’s not having a hard time moving on. But why would she even have a hard time? Ah~ I’m thinking about impossible things again.

I went back to my apartment and went to my room. I arranged the things on my room but a box suddenly caught my attention. A box that contains all the memories of Mina and I’s relationship. I kept all the pictures and gifts Mina gave to me.

I decided to open the box. I saw the picture of me and Mina when we had our first date. Our first picture together, the first gift she gave. Our couple ring. She gave it to me when we started dating. The necklace she gave to me with a lion and a penguin as a pendant. Those stuffed toys she gave me during our monthsaries. The watch she gave me because she said that time slows down when I’m with her. Time is precious when I’m with her. Then I saw my last picture with her. The day before the break up.

I did not had a clue that this would happen. I never imagined that we will exchange goodbyes with each other. I did not realized that she changed. Maybe, Jihyo unnie is right. If people changes then what about their feelings? Nothing is permanent. Forever does not exists well except with God. Mina’s promise? She promised that she’ll stay beside me no matter what happens but promises are made to be broken. That’s why Mina left me.

I looked at the window. Tears started to fall as well as the rain outside. Does Mina thinks about me? Because I think about her every second, every minute, every hour, everyday and every night. I shook my head. How can I move on when I’m still thinking about her? Why do I still love her even if she’s in love with someone else? Why do I still love her even if she hurted me? I’m like a fool here because of Mina.

I went to the kitchen and took the strawberries in the refrigerator. I took one from the bowl of strawberries and ate it. Strawberries are really the best! That’s why I’m called strawberry princess because I really love strawberries. Don’t ask me who gave that nickname or I’ll feed you with spicy food! Ah jinja >< I’m still cute like a baby ><

I turned the TV on and watched some English movies. It’s really boring here since the unnies are not here to accompany me. It’s so lonely here. I wish Mi—nevermind. Ya! Chaeyoung! Don’t look for someone who’s not here.

I took my phone out since it rang. Tzuyu has left a message for me so I viewed it. Tzuyu and I have the same age but I’m older in terms of months. We’re both 99 liner! But she’s tall and she’s a yoda because she have big ears like yoda! Tzuyu’s pretty too! Sana unnie likes her~ But Tzuyu’s too numb to notice it.

‘Chaeyoung-ah, I can’t accompany you for a week because I’ll go to Taiwan to visit my parents. Don’t even cry again because of her or I’ll punish you by eating spicy food. Btw, Happy Birthday, smol smurf.’ She said in her text message.

Everyone knows that I can’t eat spicy food. Ah >< This yoda >< But the unnies are busy these week then Tzuyu will not be here for a week. I guess I have to be alone for a week.

‘Take Care, maknae!’ I texted back to Tzuyu.

I hate being alone. When I’m alone, I always think about her. I always cry because of her. All of my compositions are sad because of her. I changed a lot because of her. Another thing why I hate celebrating my birthday.