Fool

Falling Once Again

 

Chaeyoung was sitting under a tree on the riverside. She's finishing her drawings for work. She likes to draw in the riverside and on the park since it's peaceful.

Since it's already late in the afternoon, Chaeyoung decided to go home.

As she was walking, she saw two familiar figures. She went closer to them and realized that it was Mina and Momo.

She was about to greet them when she noticed the serious aura between the two of them. 

Because she's a curious little cub, she went near them and hid to listen to their conversations.

"Momo unnie, is there something wrong?" Mina asked.

"It's... uh.."

"What?" Mina gave her a confused look.

"Chaeyoung." Momo looked down. "The two of you seems to be in good terms..."

"And you're jelly?" Mina smiled playfully.

"Well... yeah. The two of you had a past relationship. Mina, you know I love you so much." 

"Moguri~" Mina rested Momo's head on her shoulder. "I love you too. You shouldn't be jealous. She's only a friend. You won't lose me. I'm yours"

Mina leaned closer to Momo and pecked on her lips. "I will only look at Hirai Momo."

"Yes, she's my past. But that doesn't matter now, right? Past is past. You don't need to be jealous because we're over. Long time ago. And I think she's doing great right now. Remember this, I had her in the past and now I have you. I have you in the present because present is a gift." Mina said

Chaeyoung left the place without the two Japanese ladies noticing her. She walks to her home quietly. When she already reached her destination, she went to her room and threw herself in the bed.

She couldn't cry. She already cried too much. Because of the same person. She's a fool for hurting herself, for listening to Mina's answer even if it's already obvious. She's  a fool to love someone who's heart is already taken. She's a fool for loving someone who broke her.

She will even help Mina with her anniversary with Momo. She keeps pretending that she didn't care about her lovelife and Mina's lovelife. She keeps hanging out with the person who hurted her at the day of her birthday. Chaeyoung is an idiot. She's a fool. Mina's fool. 

That 'Only look at Hirai Momo'. Mina used to say it a lot at Chaeyoung when she's jealous, well.. replace Momo's name with Chaeyoung's. 

Mina's words from the past keeps on repeating on her mind. "Only look at Son Chaeyoung"

Bull.

Only look at Son Chaeyoung but she ended up falling for another girl. It's not that she hates Momo but she's jealous. Momo has that someone who was hers back then. Momo has her everything. 

She was Mina's everything in the past but now... Momo is Mina's everything.

A part of her wants to avoid the two of them but Chaeyoung lives for Mina's smile, voice, personality and everything. She wanted to run away from them but she couldn't. 

She kept thinking. Why can't she move on from Mina? Why is she still hoping for Mina to love her once again? Why can't she leave everything in the past. Just like what Mina said, 'Past is past.'

Suddenly, someone entered her room. She looked at the tiny-eyed person. It's Kim Dahyun. One of her friends.

"Chaeyoungie~" She called her.

Chaeyoung could only smile at her but something in her smile was different. Dahyun could tell that something is wrong. She lied down beside Chaeyoung and hugged her.

"Are you still thinking about her?" Dahyun asked.

Chaeyoung nodded and buried her face in Dahyun's neck. She's thankful that finally Dahyun came to make her feel better.

"I met her. I hang out with her. With her and her girlfriend." Chaeyoung said.

"I wish I could give an advice to you but until now, I don't know much about love. I don't even know how does it feel to love someone." 

"It's okay." Chaeyoung smiled. "Atleast you're here. Your presence makes me feel better." 

"I'll just prepare food for you. It might help you." 

"Yey! Thanks, Dahyun unnie~" 

Dahyun went to the kitchen and prepared food for both of them. 

Chaeyoung played with her phone but she couldn't focus. Mina's on her mind. Memories keeps on flashing in her mind. 

Chaeyoung placed her phone in the side table. She sighed and closed her eyes to clear her mind.

When she already recovered, she went downstairs and saw Dahyun setting up the table for them. She insisted to help Dahyun but the tofu wanted Chaeyoung to do nothing. 

As soon as Dahyun finished, Chaeyoung sat infront of Dahyun. They ate while talking with each other. They both laugh at each other's jokes. Suddenly, Dahyun brought up a serious topic.

"How does it feel to love someone?" Dahyun asked.

Chaeyoung flashed a smile at Dahyun. The smile contains both happiness and sadness. "Depends on the situation. But right now, it hurts." 

"I can't explain the feeling but when the time comes and you found your someone, you will get to experience it." She added.

"If Mina unnie hurted you, why did you keep hanging out with her and her girlfriend?" Dahyun asked.

"Because I want to see her. I want to see her happy. I need to see her smile that is precious. I want to see her happy even if I'm not the reason." 

Dahyun tapped Chaeyoung's shoulder. "I know that I'm not in the right place to sat this but stop hurting yourself. Stop pretending that you're happy. Tell her what you really feel." 

"I wish I could. I wish it would be easy but it won't be." Chaeyoung said.

They both cleaned up the dishes. Dahyun watched TV in the living room while Chaeyoung went to her room to find her sketch pad. 

She looked for it everywhere but she couldn't find it. She went downstairs and asked Dahyun if she saw it but the older one could only shook her head as a sign of no.

She kept thinking where she placed it. She suddenly remembered the incident when it rained. Mina put it in her bag so it won't be ruined. How could Chaeyoung forget that?

She groaned and texted Momo that Mina has her sketch pad. She asked if it's okay to meet them for her sketch pad.

Thankfully, Momo replied and said that Mina will bring it to her the next day to her home. It means that she's going to meet Mina again. Another alone time with Mina. 

Chaeyoung smiled. She should thank her sketch pad and the rain once again for this opportunity because she's going to have some alone time with Mina. 

But the smile faded when she suddenly remembered that they will be limitations since they are not together anymore. 

"It's okay." Chaeyoung said to herself

------------------------------------------
I said I was going to update on Monday but I can't do it because of exams and my summary of scores is still missing.

But even if the week is bad, the best thing happened. I already have a girlfriend~ 💖